UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Your Most Wanted Toys?

cidman911

What are some toys you want but can't have them yet, due to ridiculous eBay prices, rarity, have no space for, or just can't flat out find them?

Everyone has a few toys that eludes them.

Some of mine are:

TMNT Busy Builders Playset by Colorforms

We used to have one in the back of the classroom in 2nd grade and I had a blast playing with it whenever we had free time. We used to bring our old TMNT figures and trade, share and use the set as a backdrop for whatever episodes were on at the time. I just haven't been able to find one for a decent price...and I don't have much space for it right now. But it's definitely one of my top wanted toys.

w640.jpg

w640.jpg

w640.jpg

w640.jpg

GI Joe Killer Whale

A friend of mine growing up had some of his older brother's hand me down toys, this being one of them...and it was love at first site. We used to put this thing in mud, the snow, and it never broke. Great freaking vehicle.

original.jpg

Tyco Samurai Maximum Heat RC Motorcycle

It was one of those first RC motorcycles that didn't need tricycle wheels in the back tire. I loved it but it was always like $70 at Toys R Us so my parents never bought it. And I've never seen this one for a good price. They make newer ones but I want this specific one.

mIK-_HpKBwsJEcOB9uSdVuA.jpg

TMNT Technodrome and Blimp

I have no space for them, at the moment. *sigh*

TURTLE+BLIMB.JPG

il_fullxfull.377430383_n4ln.jpg?ref=l2

Share yours.

Minimate wise: Gambit and Mephisto. Those just irritate me lol. Especially now that I lost my job, I can't just up and buy them if I grow annoyed.

Play Arts: MGS1 Solid Snake. Just so damned expensive now, and I regret not getting years ago when I had the chance. Luckily my boyfriend got super lucky and got me Bayonetta for my birthday 2 years ago. I was so happy.

Lego: the Death Star set that had like 1000 or so. Or the Star Destroyer. Otherwise, this old Evil Castle playset from the mid 90s. I'd call the 1-800 number just to see if they had any like every week. Now a days, I just get sad that I don't have my classic Fort Legorado or Bandits Hideout anymore.

I absolutely pined for this as a child. I desperately wanted it and salivated over it's pictures in the catalogues that came with other smaller lego sets.

Lego_Futuron_Space_6990_Monorail_Transpo

My parents could never afford it... Lego was always a bit pricey, and this set was one of the dearer ones at the time. It looks pretty simple compared to a lot of sets that have come out since, but in the late 80's, this was the shiz!

Edited by Nessex

I managed to collect every original Kenner Star Wars figure as a kid with the exceptions of Yak Face and Blue Snaggletooth. Those two will be on my list for a while, I'm afraid. I'm still kicking myself for not buying a loose Yak Face I found back in the late 80s at a collectibles show because I thought $16 was a little steep. Had I known then...

Oddly, one of my wants is also a Lego set. I'd really love to get my hands on the large Imperial Shuttle, but have just never been able to pay the price on it. Lego is a bit overpriced, IMO. One day I'll stumble into a trade or cheap buy, I think...

I had the Killer Whale, and later Technodrome as a kid. I can actually have pretty much any toy I want at this point, but the ones I have still avoided due to unaccaptable cost for what you get (IMO) are the MEGO Teen Titans. Also, several carded/unopened GI Joes like Firefly, '85 Snake Eyes, and Dusty. I've got Flint and Zartan though, so the major players are out of the way. Space is also a concern, and so I don't have the Hot Toys Tumbler anymore. But that thing was impressive as all hell.

'66 Batmobile would be insanely cool, but like you I can't justify it for the space issue. Having said that, if they do the Delorean, I'll get it. And if by some miracle and Ecto-1 happens, I'll get it, too. May mean my daughters will have to sleep on the floor in the living room, so I can use their space as a display. But them's the breaks! If they don't like it, they can get a job and buy their own house!

Edited by karamazov80

I'd love to be able to get the Blue Thunder helicopter again. I remember getting it for X-Mas one year, my parents and me were out shopping and there was a pile of these next to an end cap being clearanced out at Ames. I thought the helicopter was so cool, I was really excited for a second when my parents grabbed two of them and dropped them in the cart.....then they told me they were for two of my cousins. I was fairly mad till I opened it up on x-mas and realised they lied about one of the copters :)

The prices have since skyrocketed on ebay and that's typically for a broken one (apparently the plastic is pretty brittle nowdays)

I'd like that 66 Batmobile, but space would never allow it unless I could figure out a way to drive it to work everyday.

I sold mine about 10 years ago & to be honest I was glad to see the back of it ,heavy on gas,no room in the back & was prone to turning 180 degrees just for the heck of it .......d'you know the price of 'chutes ? Crazy money.

Original Deluxe Megazord:

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTYwMFgxMjI5/z/h3YAAMXQVT9S-pru/$_57.JPG

I had one when I was a kid, but when I was four years old I took it to the daycare like an idiot and some asshole stole the power sword and the tail piece for T-Rex zord. I was really disappointed when the rerelease that came out a few years ago didn't have chromed pieces.

G2 Bruticus

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-90S-G2-TRANSFORMERS-BRUTICUS-COMPLETE-SET-OF-5-MOSC-ALL-SEALED-LQQK-/131075701404?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item1e84b87a9c

Again, had all five Transformers when I was a kid, but I was a dumbass and opened them in the car when my mom told me not to, and I lost some of the weapons. Then some asshole broke my Onslaught's arm.

Wow, much nostalgia, so want. There are some other toys that I can buy that I'm not going to list, but I haven't been collecting figures for the past few years because of the Magic TCG. I also got a car so that was huge.

I absolutely pined for this as a child. I desperately wanted it and salivated over it's pictures in the catalogues that came with other smaller lego sets.

My parents could never afford it... Lego was always a bit pricey, and this set was one of the dearer ones at the time. It looks pretty simple compared to a lot of sets that have come out since, but in the late 80's, this was the shiz!

i wanted the lego castle (i forgot what the set was called) with the draw bridge, princess and glow in the dark ghost. i remember constantly looking at it on the lego catalogue. but yeah, it was reaaaaalllly expensive and my parents got me the stupid robin hood tree hide away thing and i just pretended it's a castle :(

i wanted the lego castle (i forgot what the set was called) with the draw bridge, princess and glow in the dark ghost. i remember constantly looking at it on the lego catalogue. but yeah, it was reaaaaalllly expensive and my parents got me the stupid robin hood tree hide away thing and i just pretended it's a castle sad.png

Are you talking about the Black Knight Castle? Came out in the mid to late 90s? Because that was the centerpiece of my lego collection, I freaking loved that thing. It's one of the few pieces I still have assembled and refuse to let my Dad collapse down for storage. It was the most expensive lego set I owned, and I earned every penny to buy it. I'm truly sorry that you couldn't get your hands on it.

As for me, my most wanted currently is the 20th anniversary Optimus Prime that came out about a decade ago. The thing was huge, made of die cast metal, with a removable matrix of leadership and interchangeable weapon hands. Ugh. I want it so bad. And now they have a Rodimus to go with it and I would love that thing too. Stupid space issues....

i wanted the lego castle (i forgot what the set was called) with the draw bridge, princess and glow in the dark ghost. i remember constantly looking at it on the lego catalogue. but yeah, it was reaaaaalllly expensive and my parents got me the stupid robin hood tree hide away thing and i just pretended it's a castle :(

Are you talking about the Black Knight Castle? Came out in the mid to late 90s? Because that was the centerpiece of my lego collection, I freaking loved that thing. It's one of the few pieces I still have assembled and refuse to let my Dad collapse down for storage. It was the most expensive lego set I owned, and I earned every penny to buy it. I'm truly sorry that you couldn't get your hands on it.

As for me, my most wanted currently is the 20th anniversary Optimus Prime that came out about a decade ago. The thing was huge, made of die cast metal, with a removable matrix of leadership and interchangeable weapon hands. Ugh. I want it so bad. And now they have a Rodimus to go with it and I would love that thing too. Stupid space issues....

I was talking about the King's Mountain Fortress (just found out what it's called today)

And i also wanted the G1 dinobots. When i was in 5th grade one of my friends brought his Snarl dinobot & i was just sooop jealous!! Now it's pretty hard to find the G1 Dinobots that's not over priced.

post-6991-0-25232500-1393623672_thumb.jp

Edited by Earlyfrost

I was an incredibly spoiled child and got everything I ever asked for, eventually. I think it helped that I only ever wanted things that were under 10 dollars (humanoid action figures were always my thing), so I was basically only limited to what I could find (hunting is so much different, easier and more expensive these days. Completely different topic though.) I remember being economical in my choices (like, for the price of a fancy Lego set, I could get 10+ figures) and the cheaper, more plentiful items always won.

I think it helped that I only ever wanted things that were under 10 dollars (humanoid action figures were always my thing)

A bit OT, but when I was 5 I broke my arm. On the way home from the hospital, my mom brought me to the Toys R Us, and said I could have any toy I wanted, I guess to make me feel a bit better about the whole thing. This is 1985, I could have picked Grimlock, or the Cobra Rattler, or whatever. I chose. . .Power Punch He-Man. Edited by karamazov80