UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

R.I.P., Harold Ramis

MinnesotaIceman

So sad, aside from his writing/directing he was a great comedic actor that unfortunately didn't have enough time in front of the camera. I was so surprised and happy to see him in 'Knocked Up', his small role made such a great scene even better, I was smiling ear to ear just to see him

It's an unfortunate way to happen, but hopefully this will finally put an end to the Ghostbusters 3/Reboot rumors and Ackroyd will just let the franchise be where it belongs.

It's an unfortunate way to happen, but hopefully this will finally put an end to the Ghostbusters 3/Reboot rumors and Ackroyd will just let the franchise be where it belongs.

We'll see. There were rumors that the script called for one of the characters to be killed off and become a ghost himself. I'm pretty sure they were aiming at Venkman but with Murray's refusal to participate and Aykroyd's insistence that they'd proceed without him, I'm a little worried that this won't stop a sequel, especially if it's something Ramis really wanted to see completed.

I can't imagine Ghost Egon is something fans would want to see now.

I thought the main issue with any GB sequel was that the main cast all had equal say (except Hudson) on whether one was even allowed, and had to agree to the script, even if they didnt participate. Even if Murray refuses to be in it, he still has to sign off on letting them do it. It bothers me to know theres been so much gossip about GB3 now that I read that Ramis has been ill since 2010. Reading how he had to relearn how to walk is made more disturbing knowing people were demanding a sequel while Ramis was suffering.

I was born in 1982, so I grew up watching 1984's "Ghostbusters" as a kid. I'd see SCTV reruns on television and laugh SO HARD. As I got older, I'd catch other work that he did both in front of and behind the camera.

For me, the best way I can express my feelings is to say that it feels like one of the Beatles died. It goes right back to the "Ghostbusters growing up" bit that I experienced. That's about the closest I can come to resonating the feeling I have about his passing. I grew up seeing the main cast as a "whole set" and now that he's gone, it's shocking to me. Realistically, you know people are going to get older and pass away. Yet, I never felt like I'd live to see the day that this would happen.

Oh geez. The guy's character was a huge part of my childhood (The Real Ghostbusters was probably the catalyst for my geekdom growing up, the later Extreme revival only further kindled it), I had no idea he'd been ill. May have to pop in the DVD this week and do a re-read of the ongoing IDW comics. I trust that he's at peace and I wish his family the best.

Edited by WinterSoldier

oh man - what sad news :(

That Slimer image is beautiful.

I've put this one up on my facebook today from my (365 days series) in memory:

1947867_10152303831967803_646640075_n.jp

I have such fond memories of Mr Ramis and his work. He really did make the world a better place and i'm very sorry to hear that he has passed.

Reportedly, Sony is reworking the script for Ghostbusters 3.

(Gee, ya think?)

I know he was only going to appear in a cameo but it just won't be the same without the whole crew. I don't see how they can't kill off Egon and even if it's just a shot of Venkman and Ray laying flowers on a grave, it's gonna be a bittersweet moment in a film that's supposed to be a comedy.