UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TMNT Minimates - it's official!

.... yeah Matt doesn't show you the respect he should, but you also don't see things from his point of view. You both should PM fight and then settle things.

Respect is earned. I have shown him the same respect i would show any member of this site, no more and no less.

what have i done that is disrespectful? asked questions? and who are you to judge me?

FYI i have No "fight" with Zach and nothing to "settle" I ask questions about the products he comes here to represent. I have no personal beef with him.

Edited by Mattallica

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread has turned pretty unpleasant, and over a damn Ninja Turtle Minimate. . .perhaps we've all forgotten what it is that makes us care about Ninja Turtles in the first place.

Here's a pizza for everyone.

OPFvtBp.gif

Well certainly not in that movie laugh.png I always thought that line was funny, but didn't notice until tonight the pretty inappropriate shot of the cheerleaders bending over in that video to show "Turtle Power" on their underwear wacko.png

This is why "buyers" and "sellers" can't really be friends.

On a better note, I was thinking of passing up the Mystic variants because they were just from one episode. But Mystic Raph is definitely coming back toward the end of season 3. Unfortunately, the certain something with three horns he encounters is about ten feet tall and five feet wide, so that's another figure you'll have to borrow from the Playmates line.

Steranko's my most anticipated now. I want to explore what he and Zeck did while they were stuck in NYC during the Kraang invasion. And it would be cool to eventually see the whole translucent blue Kraang droid. That hasn't been done in any toy line yet.

I read the last 4 pages....and my mind is fried. the TMNT mates are nothing short of amazing and if your at all interested in these, they are a must have. I'm really sorry people are having a hard time getting these, or the ones they want. I'll help if I can. just call me "Ninja's R Us". :)

...the TMNT mates are nothing short of amazing and if your at all interested in these, they are a must have.

Nobody is arguing against that. I'm a huge Turtles fan and this is my favorite line of Minimates ever.

If you can somehow grab a Mutagen Donatello for me, I would love to complete my set of Mutagen Turtles. I'm sure there's a huge list of people that are looking to do the same.

...the TMNT mates are nothing short of amazing and if your at all interested in these, they are a must have.

Nobody is arguing against that. I'm a huge Turtles fan and this is my favorite line of Minimates ever.

If you can somehow grab a Mutagen Donatello for me, I would love to complete my set of Mutagen Turtles. I'm sure there's a huge list of people that are looking to do the same.

I understand no one is arguing how awesome they are. There is a slew of different issues at hand. I'm merely saying that the TMNT mate are great and its a shame they are being overshadowed by all these other problems. I want to help out. So I will do my best to find them for MM members.

57848683.jpg

I am on the lookout for Mutagen Donny!

It seems like folks want DST to know that, A) TRU.com is a clusterf-, B ) This clusterf- is hurting our ability to buy Minimates and thereby hurting DST's ability to sell them. Personally, I don't even bother with TRU.com anymore. Its is a waste of time and energy for me. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, yada, yada, yada.

It would be nice if DST could help TRU sort this out, but who knows if that is even possible. Is this trouble limited to just Minimates? I highly doubt it. Does Hasbro or Mattel have to sit TRU down and explain how this works? They don't seem to cater to their fans like DST does, so I doubt it. Does TRU listen to us as we constantly try to help them back on track through customer service calls? Doesn't seem as such.

I got nuthin...

How often are people complaining to TRU.com? Sure, this is DST's problem indirectly but it happens well after they've gotten paid by TRU. If it negatively impacts sales and TRU.com decides it's the product, not their process, then yeah, DST has an argument. Otherwise our grievances should be taken up with TRU.com.

TRU.com is almost as bad as the TRU brick and mortar variety. Just not a well run business for serious collectors, but then, I can't imagine that's what keeps TRU afloat at all. The Baby's R Us section gets the most traffic by far in the version near me, and 90% of the customers I see in the toy area are parents buying stuff for their kids, not adult geeks looking for this or that.

So, if I'm a rational business, would I go out of my way to appease a very niche group of an already small subset of customers? Probably not.

So, if I'm a rational business, would I go out of my way to appease a very niche group of an already small subset of customers? Probably not.

Agreed, but that doesn't ease the frustration. I am glad TRU carries Minimates. However, them carrying Minimates is nearly as helpful as a Mom and Pop shop in Iceland carrying them with no web portal. Great, they bring legs to the brand but I cannot find them anyway, so why bother.

It's strange, because I was watching an episode of Numb3rs this morning while waiting at the doctor's office. S01E11 for future reference.

One of the plot points was a company developing controversial software that boiled down to "you are where you live."

And that's exactly what TRU's problem is. They think they can bump up prices in more affluent stores. They think certain stores shouldn't be eligible to receive product for whatever reasons. It really does boil down to TRU determining your value as a customer by where you live.

Which sucks for all companies, because it takes away the discovery factor. Walking Dead Andrea is such a great set. Never had a chance to see it in stores. Valiant mates? Awesome. Never a chance at being stocked in my store. Aliens? Apparently my store isn't productive enough to merit a case.

Distribution is tricky enough without companies artificially messing with it. TRU.com messing up is just an additional f-u to the people trying to rise above a policy that's basically, 'We'll serve you after you move to a store closer to a rich neighborhood.'

That makes a lot of sense.

My TRU is in an area that has plenty of commercial activity. It's very stable despite how hard the recession hit. However, technically the store has the ZIP code of a distressed city, it sits literally yards away from that border. That's probably TRU's determining factor; the fact that the store is in a city that's struggling economically... even though it's actually not.

Okay, I am going to reach out to TRU.com and see if I can get someone's ear. Maybe I can bring them here to address these issues and questions. Maybe they will ignore me. Maybe they will point at me and laugh. I will be doing it by starting at the bottom and seeing who will talk to me. If Zach or anyone else has a lead on who I should go to, let me know. We have been successful with many in charge of certain lines, maybe we will be successful here. Please, don't light any torches yet. FUTRU.gif

Okay, I am going to reach out to TRU.com and see if I can get someone's ear. Maybe I can bring them here to address these issues and questions. Maybe they will ignore me. Maybe they will point at me and laugh. I will be doing it by starting at the bottom and seeing who will talk to me. If Zach or anyone else has a lead on who I should go to, let me know. We have been successful with many in charge of certain lines, maybe we will be successful here. Please, don't light any torches yet. FUTRU.gif

Why not the big head himself?

188dcae34c763b4f9861671a1af984f7.jpg