UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TMNT Minimates - it's official!

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just checked and the packing slip shows the UPC for the Mikey/CJ pack. My guess is they pulled based on the names of the items, ran out of Mutagen Donnie packs, then just substituted the Mikey packs since they had so many extras due to that name never being pulled, (due to it not being listed at the time).

...Thanks K80!

Edited by pk13

I know you tend to expect the worst, BHM, and take in stride foul-ups that would break lesser men, but if you ever order something from TRU, and what you get seems to go beyond a simple pulling error, let me know. Would love to know what you really ordered, and where the heck these guys were hiding.

Just another simple pulling error? I don't believe that TRU.com could even pull their own d**ks properly .

Edited by buttheadsmate

I know you tend to expect the worst, BHM, and take in stride foul-ups that would break lesser men, but if you ever order something from TRU, and what you get seems to go beyond a simple pulling error, let me know. Would love to know what you really ordered, and where the heck these guys were hiding.

Just another simple pulling error? I don't believe that TRU.com could even pull their own d**ks properly .

preach.gif
Edited by MINI_MYTE

Two cases were out at my local TRU as well. . .and the only packs that sold were the variants. So, if the strategy here was to only sell that pack, mission accomplished!

Edited by karamazov80

Those of you that got the Mikey pack instead of the Mutagen Donnie, did you order before they went out of stock the very first time? Or when they came back in stock and were available for several days?

I got my order in that first time they were available on Saturday morning before they sold out the first time. They are sitting in the building mailroom so I'll know what I got this afternoon.

Edited by Mysterious Stranger

found a full case at one of my trus last night, grabbed a set of four and the mutagen. Left a donnie and norman for someone who might want to grab all 4 turtles at once. Though Id gladly take another norman. Nice mates, really like this wave. I also switched a norman torso to a kmart krang and it looks pretty cool to have an angry krang in there.

I also switched a norman torso to a kmart krang and it looks pretty cool to have an angry krang in there.

Pic?

I was gonna try to find a matching (they're really dark navy blue) open jacket, so I could have at least one Norman showing off his tampo.

I wanted the same thing but couldn't find a good jacket. So I just bought a loose J.Jonah Jameson and cut the middle out of his jacket. I still need to paint the edges where I cut away the vest/shirt but it looks pretty good I think.

Ill try taking a picture when I get home. It looks better than I thought as the shiny blue and silver parts mix better than expected. Im thinking we will get the blue kraang still at some point and a new battle damaged robo foot soldier with a kraang showing, kind of like the lego minifigs.

Speaking of lego in case no one read my post. Does anyone have the lego versions of the other mutants that can take a side by side with the minimates to see how they hold up next to eachother? Id like to see them before buying loose mutants on ebay.

Edited by arnim zola

Ill try taking a picture when I get home. It looks better than I thought as the shiny blue and silver parts mix better than expected. Im thinking we will get the blue kraang still at some point and a new battle damaged robo foot soldier with a kraang showing, kind of like the lego minifigs.

Speaking of lego in case no one read my post. Does anyone have the lego versions of the other mutants that can take a side by side with the minimates to see how they hold up next to eachother? Id like to see them before buying loose mutants on ebay.

Eh, I'd hold off on the Lego versions and go for the Playmates Halfshell Heroes versions. They look better.

Just got my TRU.com order of "Mutagen Donatello/Norman" and like others received the Michaelangelo/Casey Jones packs instead. I'll be returning these to a store and expressing my disappointment.

So yeah, I'm back on the hunt for a Mutagen Donatello. Ebay prices are ridiculous BTW.

Edited by Mysterious Stranger

Does anyone have the lego versions of the other mutants that can take a side by side with the minimates to see how they hold up next to eachother?

I have the Turtles, Splinter, and Dogpound. I don't have the Splinter Minimate yet, and none of us have a Dogpound Minimate yet (though, I do have both Bradfords).

From what I've seen dogpounds shorter than a minimate? Fish face may be the same. I was really wondering about spiderbyte and leatherhead.

If they don't make any of the oversized characters as bulky minimates, like spider byte, dogpound, snakeweed, leatherhead, then I'll probably track down the playmates versions so the scale will at least be close. Scale has always been important for me in toylines, not sure why.

Eh, I'd hold off on the Lego versions and go for the Playmates Halfshell Heroes versions. They look better.

This!

My daughter has all of the Half-Shell Heroes mutants released to date, and they fit right in with the TMNT Minimates. I'll get some pictures tonight. They are a bit cartoony, and lacking paint apps, but I have a feeling quite a few of the mutants will be skipped by DST due to tooling costs.

This is the full lineup (current and upcoming) from Toyfair 2015.

https://youtu.be/xc2qysIIRKE

If you are concerned about scale though, the 6" Playmates figures of most of the mutants are arguably a better match than the Halfshell Heroes or LEGO figures.

Just FYI I did a live chat with a TRU.com rep yesterday afternoon. They are going to refund me for the 2 Mikey/Casey packs I got instead of Mutagen Donnie/Norman and let me keep the 2 Mikey packs. They couldn't send me the right ones because they are out of stock (no surprise) but at least they are refunding me for the wrong packs.