UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TMNT Minimates - it's official!

I like Shredder and Krang the most. The Turtles kinda look a bit weird. I think its because the have such stylised heads in the cartoons etc that the minimate head block just isn't carrying right for me. The bodies and accesories etc look good its just the heads.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After seeing more pics, I'm starting to like them. Those still are prototypes, I guess. Some smaller changes might happen here and there. (The bandanas look a little unfinished in my eyes.)

also, I' m feeling that Leo looks a little different and a little better than the others - at least in the pics and from the given perspective. His proportions look spot on, while especially Raph looks a little too bulked up.

So, Question for the guys having seen them live: are they sculpted differently? Is Leo a slick badass ninja dude and Raph actually wearing a fat suit?

Yeah I'm curious about the proportions too. In the show, Leo is "normal", Don is tall and lanky, Mike is small, and Raph is bulky. I'm wondering if any of that has translated to the Minimates.

Edited by SlushyFrog

I'm digging them. I thought it was kind of a cool aspect to have normal heads with sculpted bandanas, otherwise these would get confused with Lego TMNT figs even more so than Minimates already are (By general public standards that is)

We cannot make sculpted heads. I will not show you the sculpted heads, because we were asked not to make them, and that implied not showing them around to people. Also, I cannot imagine what the benefit would be. Sorry some people don't like them.

something about this just works for me. I cant explain it, its the mix of simplistic and detail, the fact that its clearly a minimate but still has all the fantastic embellishments we've gained over the years. I love these turtles and while I wasnt originally planning on supporting the line, I am now

Forget about sculpted heads, or start sculpting your own, or scout them from another similarly scaled toy line. This is the Minimates Turtles line, and nothing is going to change. Hopefully people change their minds when they see them in person at Walmart.

Edited by DSTZach

That's totally cool, I just meant I didn't know. They may not want/need any, while TRU has a system in place with us for that sort of thing. But I will say that there will be packaging variations between retailers. Will keep everyone posted.

At Walmart? Really?
... Well hopefully that'll make the little buggers easier to find for me. I wasn't gonna go hunting for these or anything because TRU is a good 30 minutes-an hour off. But Walmart? A five minute run from the house? That'll make these hard to resist.

Edited by Trekker 42

I have very mixed feelings about Walmart in general (being a resident of Northwest Arkansas for 30 years now and seeing first hand how they have ran out of town/crushed all the smaller businesses over the years), but I am glad to see other major retailers carrying the Minimates brand. More exposure is always a good thing.....well except for that one misfortunate day at Oceans of Fun when I was 13 lol.

Edited by Santos L Halper

SCULPTED HEADS ARE WALMART EXCLUSIVES!

You misunderstood it here first, kids! wink.png

Ha!

That's cool that Wal-Mart is going to carry these. There's not much Minimate love in my area now. There's nothing at my local TRU and it looks like every local comic shop hasn't ordered any new Minimates in a while.

TMNT-Minimates-3.png

I see that the forearms are sculpted. Are the legs sculpted as well or are those "feet" removable?

And what's the breakdown on these? Assuming four 4-packs, are we talking one Turtle per set paired with Shredder, April, a Foot Soldier, and a Kraang? How are the variants being offered?

I don't know the Series 1 breakdown.

Your comic shop may not order assortments regularly, and they may not order an assortment in at your request unless you buy the whole case, but you never know until you ask. You may be one of three people they've gotten requests from.

And everybody should be able to order four-packs and individually offered two-packs like LIS, JayBob and Pulp Fiction, because those are not sold by the case. I can provide the item codes.

Forearms and lower legs are sculpted. But the shells are slip-on pieces that fit on the standard Minimate chest block.

Thanks for the info. It was hard to tell if those lower legs were removable or not. Either way works for me but removable is always a bonus for customizing.

I don't know the Series 1 breakdown.

Your comic shop may not order assortments regularly, and they may not order an assortment in at your request unless you buy the whole case, but you never know until you ask. You may be one of three people they've gotten requests from.

And everybody should be able to order four-packs and individually offered two-packs like LIS, JayBob and Pulp Fiction, because those are not sold by the case. I can provide the item codes.

Getting what I want from my LCS through Previews generally isn't an issue. Actually it's usually a pleasure.

TRU on the other hand… dry.png As much as I've appreciated his business in the past, Geoffrey is taking some of the fun out of this hobby lately.

Actually TRU's clearance sale made it impossible for me to find the most recent Marvel series in their stores or online. If it wasn't for the generosity of this board, I wouldn't have Marvel 18. I'm happy for those who through sheer luck managed to find them but TRU's distribution seems to have missed the northeast in many cases.

I have no idea what they were thinking regarding their Tomb Raider exclusives but I never managed to find that either. My Walking Dead collection has stopped at Series 4. I'm a pretty patient guy but that patience hasn't paid off for almost a year now. This has gone from being an anomoly to a trend.

Obviously I can't blame DST but TRU is obviously going through a transition of some kind across the board and it's having a negative imapct on my collecting habits. If only they'd allocate more exclusives to TRU.com and ship them to stores for free like they do with other product.

But back to Turtles...

Forget about sculpted heads...

We can assume this will be true for other characters as well, correct?

Because I'm having a tough time imagining a decent looking Splinter, Bebop, and Rocksteady (for starters) without sculpted noggins. I'm sure the artists at AA will do their best as always.