UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TMNT Minimates - it's official!

Often, they are completely different assortments, like Series 5. Or the ONLY assortment, in the case of Series 6. Series 7 will once again have a slight overlap, similar to Series 4.

For Marvel, we have been doing completely different sets at TRU for a while, and promoting the specialty sets as only at specialty, but we'll see how the rest of 2015 goes.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Often, they are completely different assortments, like Series 5.

And Series 5 was the one they had trouble selling the most. Most of their case is still sitting on the shelf.

They still offer Marvel and have no problem stocking and moving most 4-packs. No Aliens dump, though, and no bling bags.

Back when Marvel figures were being regularly shared between TRU and specialty, my impression was that the sell-through at comic book shops dropped significantly from the pre-TRU days. And a lot of shop owners weren't aware that similar sets were now selling at a big national chain (including their website); they just noted that Minimate sales seemed to have peaked, and stopped ordering them.

My LCS stopped ordering The Walking Dead Minimates because of the TRU assortments, which is interesting because they're not identical assortments.

Your LCS is Comics on the Green, right? That's a very good store. And the Dixon City TRU is... not ideal, though I did once find a bunch of old punk Storm/Claw sets there for about a dollar, which provided fine fodder.

Yup, I love Comics on the Green. Awesome owner and staff. Been going there for over 20 years now.

Once upon a time, the Dickson City TRU stocked every Minimate assortment available to them. That seemed to change two or three years ago and now I'm having trouble finding anything there. The Wilkes-Barre location is better stocked with adult collectibles in general. Same with the Johnson City store in NY.

Was it because Disney assumed everyone would want Elsa and Anna bean bags and thus produced substantially more of Sven and Olaf? That sounds more like a Hasbro similarity though....

Often, they are completely different assortments, like Series 5.

And Series 5 was the one they had trouble selling the most. Most of their case is still sitting on the shelf.

They still offer Marvel and have no problem stocking and moving most 4-packs. No Aliens dump, though, and no bling bags.

Series 5 had no Rick. Only thing I can think of.

Series 8? All Ricks.