UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TMNT Minimates - it's official!

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have successfully found a Leo set at each store I've been to looking for him. 1 was for me, the others were for others. I'm waiting for lcs stuff to hit here for raph and extra foot dudes.

Though if I keep finding them it would be for boardies since its the only set with a tru exclusive sticker. I have a longtime vendetta against shops buying exclusives to flip them for 4x the price.

I don't have anything to trade, but I have money (if the price isn't too bad). I'm willing to take 2 Leo's off anyone's hands -- one for me & the other for someone special.

Or even if someone wanted to swing by TRU for me. :)

Interesting...

Playmates seems to be in copycat mode at the moment. I bought my daughter a bunch of the new TMNT Imaginext toys for Christmas...not even realizing they aren't Imaginext at all, but a new line from Playmates called "Half Shell Heroes".

(By the way...the Half Shell Heroes line is in scale with Minimates, and has LOTS of mutants.)

Edited by youbastards

While getting family pictures done at the mall tonight, I wandered into Newbury Comics and found some Turtle blind bags. I decided I would try my luck, so I felt up the first bag (hee hee) and it was definitely a turtle, so I went ahead and bought it. Inside I found a Mutugen Raph, woo hoo! First bag, first try :) Strange thing though, the package shows Mutugen Mikey on the back. Is that normal, or do I have a strange mix up? This is the 1st time I've seen these in the wild.

Mutagen Raph on your first try?!?! That's pretty awesome! That's the only figure I'm missing at this point to complete my collection. I haven't come across a fresh box of 18. If I ever find one, I would take a chance and buy all the Raphs after feeling around but with my luck whatever is left at my comic shops all is not what I want and I'll end up with like 12 regular Raphs.

There was a mix-up with the bags. The Mikey series has Raph pictured and the Raph series has Mikey pictured.

Interesting. Is this even a thing that kids want to do with their toys?

p.s. I want that Turtle Lair that they're using as the backdrop for that commercial they're filming!

Edited by MisterMiracle

Finally found a Kmart strip after four trips since these started showing up. Of course Muta Mikey was gone, but they did have Kraang at least. Found the TRU ones at 3 locations, I thought the paint apps weren't terrible. The Ralph/April packs were the worst, mainly because of April; but I only have 2 blind bag Mikes to go off of for comparison.

I'm looking for a Muta Ralph and Muta Mike, I have a Kraang and a Muta Leo if anyone wants to trade.