UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TMNT Minimates - it's official!

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would not expect to see any official pictures for a while. We are not soliciting them next month, although we are soliciting the banks. So maybe mid-April or mid-May, but I can't say for sure. Maybe we'll show something at C2E2.

NOLO? New Orleans Live Once?

We are not restricted in any way that I know of. But I don't even know for sure what TRU is taking, let alone Walmart, Target or B&N.

So are Walmart and Target and Barnes & Noble going to start carrying Minimates?

I missed this tidbit. Are they only carrying specific mates or will they have LCS mates or the same as the Box Stores? I don't have any LCS in my area that carries minimates so if B&N were to carry the same mates as LCS wave that would be nice. (likely not going to happen but a dream I am allowed to have.)

Knowing Walmart and Target, if they do decide to carry Minimates, they'll want exclusives of their own. B&N would probably take the specialty assortment until we get a "Best of" series.

As much as I want the brand to grow, I have mixed feelings about other retailers carrying Minimates...

• 2 weeks later...

So.. I went and watched the first season and a half of the new TMNT animated series so I could be better versed on what may be coming in the minimates line.. I have to say, I really enjoy the show. I've read mostly the more modern comics and a little of the classic books and I remember a few years of the original animated show.. and I gotta say, I enjoy the current stuff as much as anything. The last episode I watched even had the turtles looking through a dimensional portal at a clip of themselves from the 1987 cartoon. It was hilarious.

Even more excited about the minimates now!

• 2 weeks later...

Well let's just be thankful that the Minimates being released are based on versions that the majority seem to like. Can you imagine the ruckus if it were the other way around?

So, it looks like Revoltech is doing TMNT figures, too. I can imagine the Minimates coming with a similar amount of swag – alt heads, lots of weapons and accessories... I wonder if they'll do stands sculpted, or even just printed, like manhole covers? The blocky, segmented nature of these Revoltechs sort of gives me a vague notion of how the 'mates might look, too.

So, it looks like Revoltech is doing TMNT figures, too. I can imagine the Minimates coming with a similar amount of swag – alt heads, lots of weapons and accessories... I wonder if they'll do stands sculpted, or even just printed, like manhole covers? The blocky, segmented nature of these Revoltechs sort of gives me a vague notion of how the 'mates might look, too.

WANT.

I'm really looking forward to see get these. The original cartoon came out in my prime of childhood and later - much later - I came across the orginal b/w comics and enjoyed these pretty much.

Anyway, I'm a little concerned about them being bulked up a lot while usually they are rather small guys compared to humans. I wonder if that will work or if DST just has to neglect this.

Other than that: Mini pizza slices? Cowabunga, dude!

PS: Will we see him, too?

(I know, that's just a lame way to trick you into looking at my customs...)

Edited by Bob Harris

Hopefully they'll do the many versions of the turtles :) maybe starting with the (god awful looking) film, and working backwards. Who knows. But they have plenty of history and characters to pick and choose from.

I want a Rat King! :D

They'll probably start with the Nickelodeon's cartoon appearance. We'll have the four turtles, Shredder, April, 2 Krang's robot (blue and silver) and 2 Clan Foot ninjas (normal and 4-arms bot). All pending licensor approval but I guess we'll won't have any surprise.

Edited by bzorio

Casey Jones appears in the Nic cartoon quite a bit as well as Dog Pound and Xever so i think there are quite a few ways they could go with this... Plus lots of random mutants. Even if they stick with the current cartoon they could do several waves if successful... (season 2 finale even shows a clip of the classic show so who knows..). :)