UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TMNT Minimates - it's official!

I'm glad that April is in the TRU wave, saves a lot of trouble at my LCS which is always looted before I get out of work. Also happy to see Donnie paired with Shredder as I managed to score both from K-Mart and don't need dupes...yet.

they've definitely hit TX TRUs, ebay seller in Amarillo has Mutagen Leo/Foot up already rolleyes.gif

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well there goes April O'Neil's exclusivity from the comic book shop wave. I wish another character had taken her spot in the TRU wave.

She was never exclusive to the comic wave. We said here multiple timed that aside from the Mutagens, the assortments are the same.

Well looks like I'll have an extra Donnie and Footbot once I grab these :) I was hoping they'd be put together, seemed a natural fit and I have both already, oh well, I can do with more Footbots.

Now just to find a comic shop that'll carry these Minimates so I can try to grab a Muta Raph

Well there goes April O'Neil's exclusivity from the comic book shop wave. I wish another character had taken her spot in the TRU wave.

She was never exclusive to the comic wave. We said here multiple timed that aside from the Mutagens, the assortments are the same.

At the end of October (not really that long ago) I felt almost alone here because I was the solitary ol' dummy who apparently couldn't get up to speed with which characters were in which assortment ..........

Would somebody prepare a definitive list of the entire range of different TMNT characters please .....a list of what characters are available from which store . An easy list ... a checklist ........ something an old guy can follow .

I will reward you somehow . thumbsup.gif

.......& let that person be NOT youbastards who is rapidly turning into 'The God of TMNT Minimates' .... & he's done quite enough for me latelywink.png

Subsequent posts around that timeline now make for interesting reading ......

IMHO I don't think I have been alone in being unsure what is what in each of the Sears,LCS & TRU selections ......unsure until now. I ,personally, don't feel that that is anybody's fault & I have no regrets about buying the Sears selection & I look forward to hunting the TRU selection . Will I look forward to my pre-ordered 'Specialty' cases from my supplier ? Sorry ..........No! Now I know the score I'm merely going to 'feel out' the Mutagen & dump the rest on ebay so if you see me selling unopened bags on ebay don't buy them if you're hunting the chase no.gif I of course will be the only person to have thought of this sarcasm-1.gif

WOW!! Now the TRU search begins!!

I haven't seen this mentioned before but has anyone noticed a variation on their Leo headbands? Putting my two identical Leos side by side, one set of bandana ends go left while the other goes right.

Happy to see the TRU pairing with Donny and Shredder.. since I need both characters!

I hadn't noticed the headband variation but mine have the variations yes.gif

Edited by buttheadsmate

just curious, has anyone tried or managed to get the Turtles masks off? I was thinking of swapping some around for more serious looking Donnie and Mikey, or even putting Mutagen Mikes mask on the regular Mikey for the white-out eyes.

Thought this was interesting, I was working on a custom today and tried to take Mikey's mask off....His head is 3 pieces! There was some glue by the bandana knot. I just heated it up and pried it apart.

MikeyMinimateHead_zps8c01dfb9.jpg

The upside down mask is a little odd looking

So I got these in hand yesterday, and the first thing I did was disassemble them and found that there are new heads with multiple components!

Leonardo (shell removed for better detail)

20140729_090349.jpg

As you can see, the head is now divided into two pieces, the top half of the head has been removed.

20140729_090428.jpg

The mask has been removed (it was glued slightly in the back by the knot)

20140729_090444.jpg

Here is the top of the head reattached to the bottom without the mask, check out the gap.

20140729_090507.jpg

I'm guessing this was designed to prevent the mask from sitting too high or too low (requirement from Nickelodeon?), but unfortunately this prevents the mask from being re-purposed to a regular Minimate head (unless you mod it) and also prevents the turtles from having an unmasked face.

The Turtles Minimates are without doubt some of the best Minimates ever made & the best-made Minimates ever . They tick all of the boxes ..........

1. Their individual pieces fit perfectly ,they are articulate without any bits dropping off & you could almost use them with their key-rings & not worry that they might develop leprosy .

2. Every part is painted....every surface of every part ! That is such a simple statement but it reflects into why these fellers are so bloody special ....leastways 'special' to me because there are too many 'mates that have been less than great because some of their parts have been spared paint . Ironically I expect that the Mutagen chase was the cheapest to produce !

3. Left & right mix-ups are nigh on an impossibility mainly due to the 'knee' & 'elbow' pads .

Great 'mates.

edit....& now I'm reading about sloppy paint (fwoosheyman) .....on the Turtles ? mellow.png

edit :grammar

Edited by buttheadsmate

All the ones Iv'e looked at so far had some sloppy paint somewhere on the mates. Like belt straps having too much brown go onto the turtles chest, or the yellow of the turtles chest having smudges of other colors that aren't even near that part of it. The 3 April's I examined had poorly lined up face tampo's, so the lip paint and the lines didn't quite match, and the paint on hair on all 3 made her look like an old lady.

arnim zola is obviously talking about the non-KMart versions ........... I'm just wondering whether the TRU versions are somehow different .......... a different production run....? I'm not kidding around I can't equate what I'm hearing from arnim zola & what I have in front of me. I most certainly believe him of course ! thumbsup.gif

I can try to take more pics later but I feel like the paint on tru mates has always had more smudges/issues than my lcs mates. Try has a higher production run usually right? It's like the factory rushed to make more and weren't careful. Maybe it's just this batch?

I'm going to end up going after mutagen Raphael, maybe I'll end up with another regular Raphael and end up buying bagged turtles to replace these