UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TMNT Minimates - it's official!

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha! Some vandals have taken to spray painting "Collaborate and Listen" on stop signs down the street from my house. I approve.

Kmart stores will be open at 6AM on Thanksgiving. So before stuffing your pie-holes that afternoon, I suggest all you Ray-sayers get your butts to the nearest Kmart and help save the retailer by purchasing these exclusive Minimates.

Pretty sure that means an all-day road trip for me, but I'm up for it!

I don't care who carries them so long as we get a Vanilla Ice Minimate to complement these bad boys.

I don't care who carries them so long as we get a Vanilla Ice Minimate to complement these bad boys.

Dammit. Now I'm going to spend the day comparing parts to make a Vanilla Ice custom.

He got me, too. *shakes fist*

Altho I think I'mna be partial to stock-guy Vanilla Ice with a mini box of TMNT mac & cheese. ;p

PS -- Zach, I thought the turtles were cool in pics (like from SDCC), but they are even better in person!! (And thankfully, no eye wonk on any of them.)

Thanks!!

>

Dammit. Now I'm going to spend the day comparing parts to make a Vanilla Ice custom.

He got me, too. *shakes fist*

Altho I think I'mna be partial to stock-guy Vanilla Ice with a mini box of TMNT mac & cheese. ;p

PS -- Zach, I thought the turtles were cool in pics (like from SDCC), but they are even better in person!! (And thankfully, no eye wonk on any of them.)

Thanks!!

I was actually thinking a 2-pack line of Vanilla Ice Minimates.

"Ice Ice Baby" Vanilla Ice (first appearance) / "TMNT 2" Vanilla Ice

"Celebrity Boxing" Vanilla Ice (with boxing gloves) / "The Surreal Life" Vanilla Ice

"Guy vs. Rachel: Celebrity Cook-Off" Vanilla Ice (with cooking apron) / "Vanilla Ice Project" Vanilla Ice (with sledge hammer & parts for Vanilla Ice Goes Amish Vanilla Ice)

"Kraft Mac 'n' Cheese" Vanilla Ice (mail-in exclusive available with 5 proofs of purchase from Kraft Mac 'n' Cheese)

Zach, have you received packaged samples of the TRU wave? Just trying to get an idea how far out they might be.

Also, other than the Mutagen and Kraang/April differences, are there any face tampo differences among the various releases?

Yes, I have samples. Have for a while. Not long now.

No face tampo differences that I am aware of. Series 2 may have some new faces.

Ho Ho sorry I missed this critical information, I pity the fool who asks again.

It's likely that many Kmarts have closed down because their lease expired. The owners of the building see how well they're doing, and raise the rent, and corporate decides to not have any of that. I have no fear of my store closing down because we own the building. And as Zach has mentioned earlier, Kmart has the most locations than any other retail outlet. It is also possible that Kmart has too many locations. Also, I wouldn't recommend going to Kmart on Black Friday or Thanksgiving because the lines reach to the back of the store. Especially electronics. Some people think that we're not busy just because THEY came in at a time when we weren't busy, but usually we have a lot of customers around 2pm and the people who claim we're not busy come in after 6pm.

I was actually thinking a 2-pack line of Vanilla Ice Minimates.

"Ice Ice Baby" Vanilla Ice (first appearance) / "TMNT 2" Vanilla Ice

"Celebrity Boxing" Vanilla Ice (with boxing gloves) / "The Surreal Life" Vanilla Ice

"Guy vs. Rachel: Celebrity Cook-Off" Vanilla Ice (with cooking apron) / "Vanilla Ice Project" Vanilla Ice (with sledge hammer & parts for Vanilla Ice Goes Amish Vanilla Ice)

"Kraft Mac 'n' Cheese" Vanilla Ice (mail-in exclusive available with 5 proofs of purchase from Kraft Mac 'n' Cheese)

No "Cool As Ice" VI? Sir, we must have fisticuffs! tongue.png

Finally found all 4 turtles, but my Leo only has ONE katana. (I double-checked the package & everything.) Boo!

Is this a major issue? Should I contact DST about it, or does someone have a spare blade I can buy/have/trade?

In the meantime, I am re-creating the scene from the movie where Raph has just snapped Leo's swords with his sais (right before he gets tranq-ed).

Finally found all 4 turtles, but my Leo only has ONE katana. (I double-checked the package & everything.) Boo!

Is this a major issue? Should I contact DST about it, or does someone have a spare blade I can buy/have/trade?

In the meantime, I am re-creating the scene from the movie where Raph has just snapped Leo's swords with his sais (right before he gets tranq-ed).

This is something that's popped up a bit in other pages. Customer Service should be able to help ya.

I have to wonder: Are ALL TMNT Minimates going to come with keychains? And if so, why? Was this a value-added request from retailers or does DST actually have the license for keychains and not action figures?

Because as a veteran collector, I have little interest in the keychain. I'd sooner see sculpted bases or stands for action poses.

The keychain idea seems like a good one on its surface, but Minimates tend to lose their hands, feet, and head pieces pretty easily. So, I wouldn't want to move one in and out of my pocket all day.

The keychain is just an add in to help broaden the appeal. Lego sells minifigs on keychains, and I always have a lego keychain even when Im not actively buying lego sets. I think its a great idea when trying to snag new customers, since some people might not give a shit about collecting block figures, but they could impulsively think "oh cool a tiny toy turtle I can have with me" and have that be the length of their thought process. And for those people who mess with their keys a lot they could mess with a cool ninja turtle and say, you know a spiderman like this would be cool, Im going to go find a spiderman for my keys.

If I had an extra of a minimate I like with tight joints, Id probably carry it around too, just glue the hands and feet in.