UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TMNT Minimates - it's official!

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*Also, it seems that the Mutagen Michelangelo mishap is common among the Kmart packs. Does this mean that the Comic/Specialty market packs will now have the Mutagen Raphael instead?

cdubya: I have posted here and elsewhere that Kmart will have Mikey, and specialty will have Raph, which is the opposite of what the packaging says. It is not a common mishap, it is a line-wide production error. Hope that clears that up.

And Shredder does not come with a sword.

That's what I mean. I'm waiting for Zach to confirm it here since this is the first time we've heard of the possibility of 2-packs.

OK ....now I've got myself back up to speed wink.png I was on vacation when this seems to have been out there to all .....where was I ?

Turtle Beach, Dalyan, Turkey biggrin.png

post-638-0-97277700-1414610640_thumb.jpg What a beautiful place....... no internet,no phone & ....er..... no turtles pinch.gif

TRU has the same basic line-up as specialty, but in two-packs. April, not Kraang.

Mutagen Leo is a variant pack of regular Leo. Both come with Foot soldiers.

Two-packs ? As in ...packs of 2 ? blink.png

Well, PLUS they have keychain attachments!!!!

OK, stopped by a Kmart while out of town today and was able to pick up 3 Mikeys (YAY Muta Mikey!) and a Foot Bot....Unfortunately it appears my Foot Bot is missing at least a lower left arm, is he missing anything else? The artwork looks like he comes with a saw blade as well.

Here's everything that came in the bag (sans clear stand)

TMNTFootbotMinimate_zps65269bff.jpg

zach, is there any concern that sells for the TRU 2 pack will be lower because of the blind bags? Or is it just being considered 2 different 'target audiences' so to speak?

Just a curiosity :)

I don't think we're concerned. While some collectors with access to both locations will have a choice, hopefully they don't choose overwhelmingly in one direction, and the casual buyers at both places should level the playing field. I'm curious to see how online retailers do with them, and how they offer them.

OK, stopped by a Kmart while out of town today and was able to pick up 3 Mikeys (YAY Muta Mikey!) and a Foot Bot....Unfortunately it appears my Foot Bot is missing at least a lower left arm, is he missing anything else? The artwork looks like he comes with a saw blade as well.

Yep, you are missing a forearm and a saw-blade attachment. On the bright side, you do have the pair of hands and therefore a complete Foot Soldier. Boy, customer service is going to be busy this year!

It's kind of alarming that a couple people have already mentioned missing parts with these just being released. You can see (for the most part) if a two pack is missing something where blind bags you have to trust what's in there. QC was my biggest worry with these.

The KSN number for these is 008773018-0. That should make it easier for you to have someone look it up in the Kmart system. Also, you can have them check on either their registers or handhelds to see if any stores in up to 50miles around have them.

Yep, you are missing a forearm and a saw-blade attachment. On the bright side, you do have the pair of hands and therefore a complete Foot Soldier. Boy, customer service is going to be busy this year!

Thanks for the info! I'm enjoying these way more than I thought I would

After spending yesterday with these in-hand (except the Footbot, don't have an open one yet), I think these turned out great. Shredder in particular stands out to me as a basic 'mate with a lot of sculpted parts that still doesn't feel bulky, he still retains the lean basic 'mate aesthetic. Also, the swooped cape is a great touch!

The turtles are all great as well, and the lack of sculpted heads doesn't really bother me much, but I have to say I think the masks are really the biggest detractor. I think they should be a little wider/taller with inset eye holes instead of a tampo, but I understand the mechanical limitations that could cause. Maybe in future waves, we could still get a basic Minimate styled head, but one that is slightly larger than the standard head. It's a shame, because we can see how much design and tooling already went into the current head design with it's multiple pieces.

The Foot Ninja and Kraang are great, and if anyone is looking to part with any duplicates of these (or FootBot), I'll gladly pay full price for them. thumbsup.gif

After spending yesterday with these in-hand (except the Footbot, don't have an open one yet), I think these turned out great. Shredder in particular stands out to me as a basic 'mate with a lot of sculpted parts that still doesn't feel bulky, he still retains the lean basic 'mate aesthetic. Also, the swooped cape is a great touch!

The turtles are all great as well, and the lack of sculpted heads doesn't really bother me much, but I have to say I think the masks are really the biggest detractor. I think they should be a little wider/taller with inset eye holes instead of a tampo, but I understand the mechanical limitations that could cause. Maybe in future waves, we could still get a basic Minimate styled head, but one that is slightly larger than the standard head. It's a shame, because we can see how much design and tooling already went into the current head design with it's multiple pieces.

The Foot Ninja and Kraang are great, and if anyone is looking to part with any duplicates of these (or FootBot), I'll gladly pay full price for them. thumbsup.gif

Yeah, these are a lot better than I thought they'd be. I wasn't even going to collect this line, but the Aliens line has rekindled a fire in me to make impulsive purchases like this...glad I did! Unfortunately Kraang (followed by Foot Soldiers) are my new obsession. They remind me of the old Japanese "Neo-Henshin" cyborgs.

QC errors are to be expected with a new offering like this. Hopefully it'll improve but in the meantime, I have faith that DST's customer service will rectify any problems as best they can.

Couldn't disagree more. The fact that this is a new venture with a popular property and a new method of releasing Minimates means a lot of eyes will be on these. Think about it. This will be a lot of people's first exposureto Minimates. There is competition out there with Lego blind bags and all of the other blind bag lines. If Donatello is missing his bo staff, the line will be seen as inferior to the other brands even though guys like us know better.

You only have one chance to make a first impression.

BTW, does anybody need help with these? I don't plan on collecting the line but there's a KMart two minutes from my work so I could check periodically, I know a lot of you won't have access. Just to clarify I will pick up whatever I can see, I won't try to gamble on something particular for you by feeling the bags. PM me if interested.

QC errors are to be expected with a new offering like this. Hopefully it'll improve but in the meantime, I have faith that DST's customer service will rectify any problems as best they can.

Couldn't disagree more. The fact that this is a new venture with a popular property and a new method of releasing Minimates means a lot of eyes will be on these. Think about it. This will be a lot of people's first exposureto Minimates. There is competition out there with Lego blind bags and all of the other blind bag lines. If Donatello is missing his bo staff, the line will be seen as inferior to the other brands even though guys like us know better.

You only have one chance to make a first impression.

BTW, does anybody need help with these? I don't plan on collecting the line but there's a KMart two minutes from my work so I could check periodically, I know a lot of you won't have access. Just to clarify I will pick up whatever I can see, I won't try to gamble on something particular for you by feeling the bags. PM me if interested.

Too true. I was also thinking when I initially found these how atrocious the bag design was. A person who didn't already know what Minimates were would have no idea what's inside the bag. The only glimpse you get is a rendered head-shot on the back. Perhaps an actual picture of the 'mates on the front instead of the dime-a-dozen CGI stills from the show. Or even the lil' Vitruvian 'mate man logo in the corner would give some idea of what you're purchasing. I have to admit that the hoarder in me is thrilled that the general public will pass by these...more for me!

Used to work in the industry. Unless you work in a chain/franchise with brand recognition you want things to run flawless on day one.

Well if you work in an established brand you want things to run flawlessly too but most customers will forgive mistakes if there's brand recognition and loyalty.

Edited by bigvis497

To newbies, it's like a wedding. Only a few people know exactly what was planned and therefore what got screwed up, that the flowers were wrong and the cake is a tier short and the band cancelled last minute so a DJ hand to step in.

We are that privileged few. Based on what I've seen of the packaging, the biggest QC error fans of TMNT will be aware of is that the Kmart bags show the wrong chase Turtle on the packaging. If they're missing parts, consumers can either return the item, exchange it if they're feeling lucky, or contact DST via Minimates.com. (Assuming that "Contact Us" link is monitored by DST's customer service.)

Welcome to the learning curve that is Blind Packaging 101, everyone. :)