UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TMNT Minimates - it's official!

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Manhole covers for bases are awesome! this is great. I love the manhole covers stands on the classics line.

On that note, Zach, can you tell us if the manhole covers are all the same design, or will they be like the Classics line which has each Turtle's name on their respective bases?

Any chance they will be in K-marts this Friday? I may be by one (two, if you count the one that is closest to me which is now closing) this Friday....

How will the TRU pack out go, Zach? There are 9 figures at Specialty shops, which do not fit nicely in 2-packs. And you are putting a clear green turtle in a 2-pack? :confused:

Edited by Onyx_6

Anyone know when the Woolworth's exclusive figures are going to hit shelves? I'm also keeping an eye open for those Lionel's Playworld and Service Merchandise releases.

Edited by karamazov80

I'm sure these jokes are hilarious to people who have heard of all these regional chains, but KMart still has over 1000 locations. Every store will get a strip of these. Good luck.

Onyx, I don't know when everyone will get them, but TRU will have four two-packs plus a variant set with Mutagen Leo.

To be fair, several of the stores listed were nationwide stores that went out of business. I think the joke is that Kmart seems to be on the way out, given that a lot of locations are closing. Of course, Kmart's looked like they were on the way out for about 10 years now, so maybe they're better off than we all realize. Still, none of those 1000 stores are near me...

I wouldn't worry too much about K-Mart/Sears. The names are too well known for them to go completely out of business. Some other chain or start up will eventually scoop them up just for the name recognition. of course if they end up with a Warriors Three exclusive when the next Thor movie comes around then . . .

I didn't say they were all regional chains, and we don't know what will happen with KMart in the future. Right now, they average 21 locations per state, which puts them in the top tier of stores we could be in. Even Toys R Us only has 872 locations in the US plus another 100 in Canada.

The chain's future is irrelevant, as we do not have a commitment from them beyond this series that I know of, and it would be premature to speculate. I'm sure they are looking at inventory, branding and a variety of things in the wake of the closings, and maybe working with us is part of their new direction.

not only when, but where is what I'm trying to figure out.

Target, for example...are they going to be in the main figure aisle, the endcap (where the ReAction, GoT, and Magic: The Gathering figures are), the small card section in the toy area, the larger card section in the front of the store or the register aisles?