UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TMNT Minimates - it's official!

It's kinda weird that you guys didn't make ones for Donatello and Raphael, I'm used to there being four different colored minimates given away at SDCC each year, one for each day. tongue.png

We have not done that in years. In 2011, we gave out four different pirates, one per day. Nothing like that since.

Mikey and Leo were chosen because of our respective companies' key colors, orange and blue. Maybe we'll do Raph and Donny at other cons, or next year.

Opaque plastic is generally harder than translucent plastic, especially with a coat of paint on it.

Not sure we can put painted swords in sheathes right away without issues, so I am not sure that will happen without building in a lot of drying time.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe they will be.

Thanks Zach........I'm sure after my grubby mitts are on them, they'll be less assembled while trying to figure out who's who. But honestly, I'll be mostly getting these for my son and nephews, and there are a bunch of things i want to use for me customs!

It's kinda weird that you guys didn't make ones for Donatello and Raphael, I'm used to there being four different colored minimates given away at SDCC each year, one for each day. tongue.png

We have not done that in years. In 2011, we gave out four different pirates, one per day. Nothing like that since.

Mikey and Leo were chosen because of our respective companies' key colors, orange and blue. Maybe we'll do Raph and Donny at other cons, or next year.

Opaque plastic is generally harder than translucent plastic, especially with a coat of paint on it.

Not sure we can put painted swords in sheathes right away without issues, so I am not sure that will happen without building in a lot of drying time.

Oh D:. Well I haven't collected since like 2011 so this is new to me lol. I remember there were two years that you gave away translucent minimates (2007 and 2010 I believe), then there was the year you had four different colored keychain minimates. So even though you haven't done it for three years, there is still a precedent.

Oh. D: I haven't collected anything since 2011 so this is new to me lol. I remember when you gave out four different translucent minimates in like 2008 and 2010, and then there was 2009 where you gave away four different colored shirt guys with keychains attached to them. There were also four different colored ones at Wizard World, Toy Fair, and SDCC in 2003. So there is a precedent.

Edited by Dio

Oh. D: I haven't collected anything since 2011 so this is new to me lol. I remember when you gave out four different translucent minimates in like 2008 and 2010, and then there was 2009 where you gave away four different colored shirt guys with keychains attached to them. There were also four different colored ones at Wizard World, Toy Fair, and SDCC in 2003. So there is a precedent.

Never said there was no precedent, only that those days are gone. Two Merks last year, two Vorins the year before. Which makes it less weird. But you miss a lot in three years. :)

I dunno, maybe I'll bring the four-promo tradition back! We gave out some old red 2005 SDCC promo blanks at the panel, and it was so exciting to see them!

I managed to get the last 2 Leos on Saturday. Had just missed the giveaway but my wife needed one and the booth rep (pretty sure it wasn't Zach) took pity on me and handed me the last 2 he had. Still missed out on the Mikey at the NIck booth though. Grabbed a couple off ebay for a price I was okay with. We were both bummed there wasn't a Raph but after reading the reason behind the 2 colors chosen it makes sense. Still want a clear red Raph but we'll settle for the regular version coming out... for now.

No it was an older gentleman. Very nice guy. When he said I had just missed them and they were done for the day I apparently looked really disappointed because he reached somewhere (a pocket maybe?) and handed me one. I said thanks and that my wife is a HUGE TMNT fan. He then surprised me and handed me another saying we both needed one and that now he was officially done as those were the last ones he had. A great experience and it scored me some points with the wife too.

BTW did we ever get a final case breakdown on the blind bags? I know the cases are supposed to contain a full set but I'm curious what the ratio will be between Turtles and the rest.

BTW did we ever get a final case breakdown on the blind bags? I know the cases are supposed to contain a full set but I'm curious what the ratio will be between Turtles and the rest.

Still waiting to hear who will be 3-per case. All others will be 2 per, except mutagen Raph (1per).

My question with the blind bags, given that Chuck wants absolutely no identification possibility, how do they guarantee a set?

Opened one of my blue Leos and I was surprised by how much new tooling there was on the figure. Not just the feet/lower legs but also the lower arms are sculpted with the elbow pads. It is a bit hard to make out the detail as its a clear figure but from what I could see these are going to be really great painted up and I can't wait for the case I have preordered to arrive.

Regarding the casepacks, as long as I get a full set of all the characters/figures and at least 2 Foot Soldiers I'll be happy.

• 2 weeks later...

So I started reading the IDW TMNT series and I gotta say I'm impressed so far. And I also gotta say I love getting digital trades. They're about 10 bucks cheaper than getting a physical copy. I don't like ebooks usually but not gonna lie the ecomics kinda kick ass. This makes me want these Ninja Turtles even more now. C'mooooooonnnnn Turtle Power!

So I started reading the IDW TMNT series and I gotta say I'm impressed so far. And I also gotta say I love getting digital trades. They're about 10 bucks cheaper than getting a physical copy. I don't like ebooks usually but not gonna lie the ecomics kinda kick ass. This makes me want these Ninja Turtles even more now. C'mooooooonnnnn Turtle Power!

What app do you use Trekker42?

What app do you use Trekker42?

I just grabbed the IDW app. It has the only two series I plan to follow anyway (TMNT and Godzilla) It's tied in with Comixology and purchases go through them.

Might give it a look, been looking for somewhere inexpensive to read the TMNT stuff.

If you have a tablet this is a truly fantastic way to read comics. Buy it on the app and it'll work on a laptop too. And on a phone. Phone is not a way I'd recommend to read it as it's just so so small... but tablet and laptop work very well. One account for all items.

• 1 month later...