UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TMNT Minimates - it's official!

8629ffbf6ecef284f30b439ee191d95a_zpsdcb7

Hmmm.. and if I get 4 Raphs.. then I can pretend they are the original turltes (all with red bandanas).

Seriously though, I can see the blind bag helping minimates in general... but I really hope the price point is low or I will have a hard time hanging on to buy the whole line.

sure, but like 10 Raphs that just sucks, Im thinking these are going to be $3.99-$4.99 each

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sure, but like 10 Raphs that just sucks, Im thinking these are going to be $3.99-$4.99 each

Zach did say they would be more than Lego figures....so probably $4.99

What are the thoughts about the Minimates coming unassembled?

Do we know if thats happening?

Edited by Ninja Mate

What are the thoughts about the Minimates coming unassembled?

Do we know if thats happening?

Not that I know of. I was just wondering what people's thoughts were about the possibility.

I don't have a problem with it since it forces the play pattern on consumers but DST would probably have to come up with an instruction sheet for each character.

I actually enjoy the design of these mates, and although I am not a fan I the blind bags, it will be nice to be able to impulse buy minimates at a Walmart.

At C2E2, Chuck said he believed that they would have tampo'd eyes (I don't recall if it was also tampo'd headbands) on the head block.

That's my one gripe about the look of these 'mates; I'd prefer eyeholes in those masks. Or at least recessed eyes but that could lead to misregistered tampos. Either way, I think there should be eyes printed on the head and not just the mask.

That's my one gripe about the look of these 'mates; I'd prefer eyeholes in those masks. Or at least recessed eyes but that could lead to misregistered tampos. Either way, I think there should be eyes printed on the head and not just the mask.

That would be cool to have, although I don't ever think I would take the headbands off. It would seem wierd and strange to me. It's like when a wrestler who is already half naked doesn't wear knee pads or tall boots, you realize "hey that guys not wearing any clothes"

I've never been interested in anything beyond their usual attire. This is no exception.

I think my commitment to this line would have waned after the first series so making it blind bagged probably isn't really having much of an impact on me anyway.

Glad others like the alternate looks but to me it's like Batman collectors begging for "Arctic Strike Dark Knight" and "Urban Camo Crusader" versions.

Unless it's in the cartoons. Then I might be down with it.

I know he was supposed to be a knight, but I can't help but look at Leonardo's helmet and think Galactus.

I can't help but look at Leonardo's helmet and think Galactus.

I thought the exact same thing!

I'm sure it was an intentional homage by the creators. Can't have a character named Kirby and not have awareness.

A Diamond Select Toys Release! The heroes on the half-shell are joining the Minimates family, and we're offering them in a whole new way! Each countertop display contains 18 blind-bagged pouches, and each pouch contains one 2-inch Minimates mini-figure, featuring interchangeable parts and accessories. Each display holds nine different Minimates, including Leonardo, Michelangelo, Donatello, Raphael, April O'Neil, Shredder, Foot Soldier, Footbot and a rare, one-per-case glowing Michelangelo! There's a full set in every case! Designed by Art Asylum!