UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TMNT Minimates - it's official!


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a good source for upcoming Playmates figures? I can't find anywhere that covers announcements and prototype pictures and store sightings the way this & Fwoosh do. I typically don't even know that there are new TMNT figures until I see them in stores (and look on the card back for more). :confused:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, TENIME_art said:

Is there a good source for upcoming Playmates figures? I can't find anywhere that covers announcements and prototype pictures and store sightings the way this & Fwoosh do. I typically don't even know that there are new TMNT figures until I see them in stores (and look on the card back for more). :confused:

 

Holy 1979, Batman! Those were the good old day, son!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lol, yes, I remember them, but that was back when my parents could actually find all of the figures (we were never well off financially, and I never saw the likes of the Technodrome*, least of all the Blimp or Sewer because of that, but I was never wanting for Turtles figures - I literally had them all - I recently, as in a few days ago - went through an online "checklist" of them, and I literally had every last figure released up until the goofy waves of variant Turtles). (*I ended up with a vintage Technodrome from a past roommate who just didn't want it anymore and gave it to me, free of charge! It's missing pieces, and not in "mint" condition, but I am very happy to have it!)

In this day and age of shortpacks & scalpers, I like to know what's coming before it's come. :confused:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Panda Khan formed a near unbeatable tag team with Usagi Yojimbo back in my youth.  Panda was the brute strength, Usagi the high flyer.  The Flying Frogs could never dethrone them.

And in those days, I'd buy a new G.I. Joe vehicle just to get the new year catalog and see what was coming!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, MisterMiracle said:

Ew!  What the hell are those things?!

The Loyal Subjects vinyl figures. I like the style of them and they've made some solid mirage and Fred Wolf turtles. And my point still stands that vintage turtle figures would be great minimates.

Edited by Ninturtle
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/6/2017 at 10:41 AM, TENIME_art said:

Is there a good source for upcoming Playmates figures? I can't find anywhere that covers announcements and prototype pictures and store sightings the way this & Fwoosh do. I typically don't even know that there are new TMNT figures until I see them in stores (and look on the card back for more). :confused:

The Technodrome forums is probably the best place. But fair warning, it's one of those places where everyone is all jaded and generally hate Playmates and do a lot of self-loathing and whatnot. But it's probably the best place to keep track of the figures and see pics, etc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Ninturtle said:

The Loyal Subjects vinyl figures. I like the style of them and they've made some solid mirage and Fred Wolf turtles. And my point still stands that vintage turtle figures would be great minimates.

They look like aliens!

I would love to the colorful 80's Turtles make the Minimate makeover.  Throw in Splinter, Shredder, April and a Foot Soldier and we've got an entire wave.

1 hour ago, SCW said:

The Technodrome forums is probably the best place. But fair warning, it's one of those places where everyone is all jaded and generally hate Playmates and do a lot of self-loathing and whatnot. But it's probably the best place to keep track of the figures and see pics, etc.

It's funny because it's true!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MisterMiracle said:

They look like aliens!

I would love to the colorful 80's Turtles make the Minimate makeover.  Throw in Splinter, Shredder, April and a Foot Soldier and we've got an entire wave.

It's funny because it's true!

I guess it's all subjective, I personally think the TLS figures have a cool chibi-esqe style and that they don't resemble aliens at all and that the playmates figures are lazily made figures that I gave up on a while ago, but different strokes for different folks.

Edited by Ninturtle
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, SCW said:

The Technodrome forums is probably the best place. But fair warning, it's one of those places where everyone is all jaded and generally hate Playmates and do a lot of self-loathing and whatnot. But it's probably the best place to keep track of the figures and see pics, etc.

Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Roccothegreat said:

any more foot or ninja in future waves zach? 

Eh, I hope not.  Zach mentioned that they're doing stuff from the newest season and the new Foot Elites look VERY similar to the Bradford and Chrome Dome that we already got.

Edited by MisterMiracle
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, MisterMiracle said:

Eh, I hope not.  Zach mentioned that they're doing stuff from the newest season and the new Foot Elites look VERY similar to the Bradford and Chrome Dome that we already got.

They could do the red ninjas that karai uses, and that appeared in the past.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...