UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TMNT Minimates - it's official!

2 hours ago, WookieFodder said:

Were the newer series of blind bags exclusive to Walmart? I remember buying series one from Kmart.

Has anyone seen the newer series in stores, and are they in toy aisle or by registers?

Series 1 was in bags at Kmart and in comic shops (slightly different assortments). Since then blind bags have only been at comic shops. Nothing has been at Wal-Mart.

Locations vary, but they come in counter displays. Only Kmart had a clip stripĀ 

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, DSTZach said:

Series 1 was in bags at Kmart and in comic shops (slightly different assortments). Since then blind bags have only been at comic shops. Nothing has been at Wal-Mart.

Locations vary, but they come in counter displays. Only Kmart had a clip stripĀ 

Hey Zach, will anymore of Shredders mutant henchman be in series 6?

On Thursday, January 05, 2017 at 4:36 PM, WookieFodder said:

Were the newer series of blind bags exclusive to Walmart? I remember buying series one from Kmart.

Has anyone seen the newer series in stores, and are they in toy aisle or by registers?

Are you sure you're not seeing mega bloks blind bags?Ā 

5 hours ago, The Scarlet Spider said:

God I can't imagine collecting this line, one blind bag assortment is enough to make me want to quit Marvel.

I wouldn't mind blind bags if they didn't have so many one per case characters I wanted. I could deal with 1Ā but 2 is too much. My local stores don't carry blind bags so I would have to pay $20 a mate to get one per case characters on the after market or pay for a case which gives me a ton of double to have to sell off. It's a pain honestly.

Yeah, the blind bags at Wal-Mart are the Mega Bloks ones. Ā I think they're on Series 3.

The TMNT Minimates blind bagĀ 1 per case figures are damn near impossible to track down. Ā TMNT was one of my favorite lines but Series 4 & 5 of the blind bags really left a bad taste in my mouth. Ā The one per case figures should really be something cool and different like the mutagen variants or Dark Horizon variants, not a main (or somewhat)Ā character.

46 minutes ago, MisterMiracle said:

Yeah, the blind bags at Wal-Mart are the Mega Bloks ones. Ā I think they're on Series 3.

The TMNT Minimates blind bagĀ 1 per case figures are damn near impossible to track down. Ā TMNT was one of my favorite lines but Series 4 & 5 of the blind bags really left a bad taste in my mouth. Ā The one per case figures should really be something cool and different like the mutagen variants or Dark Horizon variants, not a main (or somewhat)Ā character.

I think the pre-mutation/scarring Shredder and Splinter make perfect sense as one per case figures. They're limited appeal variants of previously made characters. Stockman would make sense too, if we had a Stockman Fly. I don't think two chases is a good idea, but DST has chosen reasonably well. Making Space April a chase does seem odd, though, unless she has a majorly reduced role when they're in space? I don't watch the show.

2 hours ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

I don't watch the show.

I'm pretty sure April was in every episode during the space episodes. Ā Stockman hasĀ been on the tv show and in the comics quite a bit. Ā The Oroku Saki and Hamato Yoshi were awesome because most toy lines never make them, only Shredder and Splinter. Ā I think there's only been 1 other Hamato Yoshi since they started making TMNT figures in the 1980's. Ā So for hardcore TMNT fans, it was great to see they were being made.Ā 

I tryĀ to help out with Minimates info over in different TMNT forums as wellĀ to hopefully get some new fans on board. Ā Most people were initially excited about these butĀ quite a few have sinceĀ givenĀ up after not being able to find the damn blind bag figures.

Ā 

Edited by MisterMiracle

Actually there was also a Hamato Yoshi made in the 2K3 line as well.

While on one hand I do agree that the one per case figures are sort of one off obscure, they're still pretty integral characters, whereas a Turtle variant or something would be much easier for collectors to digest. I know the bling bags burned Luke pretty bad this last go around, which is a shame as the TMNT Minimates are amazing and even the TMNT variants themselves are pretty fun.

What's the lineup for the next series? I don't recall.

On Saturday, January 07, 2017 at 7:20 AM, BuffaloDelorean said:

Ā I don't watch the show.

Like season 4? Or the show in general? If you're even the slightest fan of tmnt, you should watch the show. Seasons 1-3 are on hulu and to me, they are best tmnt has even been. Haven't seen but 1 or 2 space episodes from season 4 but they weren't bad. Good to see them back on earth now thoughĀ 

Fun with Kraangs. Ā The MegaBloks Krang's Rampage is on clearance for $21 at Toysrus.Ā  Minimates don't fit snugly in the abdomen, need to give it a little filler to keep it in, but works well enough for display.

img_4226.jpg

Edited by JeffBohn

I really miss collecting these thIngs after seeing the pictures of them, those damn one per case figures are going to be hard to find. I really only want Steranko, Stockman, Hamoto Yoshi, and Oroku Saki , anyone know of a way to getting them besides buying a case or paying high after market prices? My LCS's don't carry minimates.

He's probably the character I want the most actually, I really want to have him and Anton Zeck together in my collection. The same for human Bradford Ā with Xever if he ever comes out. IĀ like to have a mutant and human form of a character.

Edited by Ninturtle

Sternako is a great MM too. He had pretty much one whole episode dedicated to him as a separate villain and popped up a few times before becoming mutated. I could see the want for him. I doubt we'll ever get human Xever, but I really want a Fishface figure!

19 minutes ago, SCW said:

Sternako is a great MM too. He had pretty much one whole episode dedicated to him as a separate villain and popped up a few times before becoming mutated. I could see the want for him. I doubt we'll ever get human Xever, but I really want a Fishface figure!

We haven't gotten many mutant characters with out their human forms so if we get a Fish Face figure Xever isn't too unlikely, especially because he'd be easy for DST to make tooling wise.

Edited by Ninturtle