UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TMNT Minimates - it's official!

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i just read that the turtles were supposed to have sculpted heads but the licensor denied it!. damn that would have been great, i don't want to speak negatively but i don't see myself buying these with those square heads.

maybe if the bodies weren't so big and sculpted i wouldn't mind that small head but as of now i just don't need to jump into another line unless i need it.

not putting the line done they all look great just something i can pass on, i know dst doesn't always like it but on some mates the more sculpt, the move i love them.

Edited by Roccothegreat

We're all about sculpted parts, in this case we just have a LOT of sculpted parts (shells, armor, feet, etc.) rather than REALLY A LOT.

I think they look just as great with the cylindrical heads, but I understand some people being disappointed. I hope they grow on those people.

And I understand people not wanting to try blind bagging. No standard MM releases planned on these, but hopefully they will be easy for everyone to get.

wait that being said, if these are sold blind bags to target, when i go there to food shop at nights i will totally pick one or two of them up . i do enjoy blindbags, especially if i can see minimates in more stores! im getting sick of going into TRU's for them hah im more of a Target guy

Square heads ? First France then Germany ......so who's next ?

Seriously though Rocco what do you mean square-heads ?

haha i just read that back, i meant the boxyish type head, compared to the round bodies.

. this being said i didn't see them in person, so i'm sure ill be on board. i love minimates & i love tmnt so how will i deny myself of these goodness.

Going after the blind bags will depend on what exactly is going into the blind bags. I do want the main cast of Ninja Turtles characters, but blind bags will basically involve me grabbing one or two at a time and seeing how many Foot Clan ninjas my Turtles get to kick the s**t out of. If the main cast is available without getting blind bags I'm going that route. Damn I love not being a completionist.

And as for the head issue, I like this as it is. Frankly they just kinda look adorable and it made me want them in my collection even more.

these blind bags will draw this community closer together. everyones gonna be looking out for each other. yes.gif

Not me. I'm going to be suspecting each and every one of you of cherry picking the blind bags/boxes of figures that I want most.

8629ffbf6ecef284f30b439ee191d95a_zpsdcb7

Hmmm.. and if I get 4 Raphs.. then I can pretend they are the original turltes (all with red bandanas).

Seriously though, I can see the blind bag helping minimates in general... but I really hope the price point is low or I will have a hard time hanging on to buy the whole line.