UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TMNT Minimates - it's official!

5 hours ago, TheAnvil said:

According to Luke's site Series 5 has a release of July also? Is that incorrect? Or would it be best to wait a week so I can order the ones from Series 4 and 5 that I want together to save on shipping?

That does seem strangely close to Series 4.  I don't remember any of the other waves being that close together.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zach, is there any chance you guys can rerelease the mousers as accessories in a future series or group like 6-7 of them together in a single blind bag (and hopefully not 1 per case) so we can army build them?  I'd love to have like 20 mousers or so but I'm still at 0.

I don't remember chrome dome so I'm going back to watch his episode 

Anyone else have a hand on chrome dome that can't hold anything? The weapons just fall through 

The space turtles helmets are waaaaaaay too hard to get off. It's a shame series 5 already has packaged samples, it would have been better to package them with the helmets off 

Glad to finally get a Krang Droid, I ordered another from Luke today 

Also why is donny's staff so short? All the art I'm seeing, it's longer 

Edited by Heinous

1 hour ago, Heinous said:

I don't remember chrome dome so I'm going back to watch his episode 

Anyone else have a hand on chrome dome that can't hold anything? The weapons just fall through 

The space turtles helmets are waaaaaaay too hard to get off. It's a shame series 5 already has packaged samples, it would have been better to package them with the helmets off 

Glad to finally get a Krang Droid, I ordered another from Luke today 

Also why is donny's staff so short? All the art I'm seeing, it's longer 

My Chrome Dome has one loose hand as well, so he can only hold one weapon. I think he only appeared in one episode, so a very strange choice but he's cool.

On 7/29/2016 at 2:25 PM, DSTZach said:

Series 5 hits comic shops August 10.

Two episodes:

Chrome Dome while kinda obscure (he was in two episodes but not every memorable) was probably an easy choice because the parts are recycled from Bradford.

I'd love to be excited that Series 5 hits comic shops on August 10 BUT I still have nothing to show for Series 4.  No comic shops near me ordered them.  They're not on eBay.  They're not available on Luke's.  I've been asking for help for a month on several sites with no luck. This was my favorite Minimates line at one point but it's hard to collect these when your choices are don't buy them or spend $80+ on a case for only 1 or 2 figures that you want.

Edited by MisterMiracle

10 hours ago, MisterMiracle said:

Chrome Dome while kinda obscure (he was in two episodes but not every memorable) was probably an easy choice because the parts are recycled from Bradford.

Also, Chromedome is a classic character from the old toy line.

10 hours ago, MisterMiracle said:

I'd love to be excited that Series 5 hits comic shops on August 10 BUT I still have nothing to show for Series 4.  No comic shops near me ordered them.  They're not on eBay.  They're not available on Luke's.  I've been asking for help for a month on several sites with no luck. This was my favorite Minimates line at one point but it's hard to collect these when your choices are don't buy them or spend $80+ on a case for only 1 or 2 figures that you want.

I take it you only want the two rares?

http://www.lukestoystore.com/TMNT-Minimates-Series-4_c_144.html

2 minutes ago, DSTZach said:

Also, Chromedome is a classic character from the old toy line.

I take it you only want the two rares?

http://www.lukestoystore.com/TMNT-Minimates-Series-4_c_144.html

Interesting.  I didn't even remember him being on the older cartoon.  Let's just say he's no Rat King.

Correct.  However, they've both been " Currently Out of Stock " since I've noticed that they were on the site.

That's going to be tough, then. If you wanted more than the two rares, you could lower your unit cost a bit, but if you don't have a retailer near you to sell you singles, then you're going to end up paying a premium for the rares. Have you posted in the flea market?

Out of curiosity, why was TMNT your favorite line, if so few characters per wave are appealing to you? Do you only like the civilians from the TMNT line? Honestly curious. I understand not wanting more turtles, but at the very least, I assumed a Triceraton and the Fugitoid would appeal to old AND new TMNT fans.

30 minutes ago, DSTZach said:

That's going to be tough, then. If you wanted more than the two rares, you could lower your unit cost a bit, but if you don't have a retailer near you to sell you singles, then you're going to end up paying a premium for the rares. Have you posted in the flea market?

Out of curiosity, why was TMNT your favorite line, if so few characters per wave are appealing to you? Do you only like the civilians from the TMNT line? Honestly curious. I understand not wanting more turtles, but at the very least, I assumed a Triceraton and the Fugitoid would appeal to old AND new TMNT fans.

No, I just want one of each.  I avoid the $5.99 blind bags figures that I can get in 2-packs for $7.49 at Toys R Us.  I've had some accessory backdrops from Marvel Legends ready to go to display Saki & Yoshi but it's not looking good for the "rare" blind bag stuff at this point. I would have bought 10 Stockman figures since they come with Mousers if they had been at Toys R Us instead.  

I've been a fan of TMNT since I was a little kid so I was excited when Minimates announced the TMNT license.  I've bought every TMNT Minimate up to Series 3 (including paying an arm and a leg for the colored comic con exclusives).  The only characters that haven't been appealing to me were Chrome Dome and any of the space stuff.  I watched Seasons 1-3 with my nephew and we both loved it.  The Season 4 episodes were a chore to get through though.  

I'm all for more turtles as long as they look cool and we can complete the entire team.  Having cool accessories helps with the doubles and triples, haha.  By the way, any chance that we'll get a purple Donnie or the other 3 Dark Horizons versions of Leo, Mikey, & Donnie?

Edited by MisterMiracle

16 minutes ago, Heinous said:

You can get most of the figures off the tru website.... 

Also if you'd like so many mousers, why not get the mega bloks ones? They're cheaper and you wouldn't end up with a bunch of Baxters. Plus they are articulated 

The TRU TMNT figures aren't an issue.  I've found all of them from Series 1 - 4 so far.  It's the newer blind bag stuff that has been impossible to track down.

I just started buying the Mega Bloks Mousers last week after I gave up on the blind bag TMNT Series 4 stuff.  They're still blind bags but every Wal-mart has them and it's easy to feel for them.  You can't beat their price point either...$3 for 3 mousers.  Not bad at all!  I just reallllly would've preferred the Minimates versions.  I was going to take some pics soon to show off what they look like.

Edited by MisterMiracle

2 hours ago, Heinous said:

Zach, who is in tru series 5? And a list of accessories? I think the first time you posted that was lost 

I remember seeing the info for the 5th series of blind bags.  I don't remember seeing the TRU 5 info though.

Edited by MisterMiracle

TRU series 5 should be:

Space Suit Ralph

Space Suit Mikey

Space Suit Casey

Leo variant 

Donnie Variant

Clear Kraang 

Sal Commander 

Exclusive Bishop:

57AB2C17-C3C4-487A-82D9-B589956A2FA9_zps