UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TMNT Minimates - it's official!

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I broke down and bought 2 of the Mutagen Donatello 2-packs on ebay. Yes I overpaid for them but I didn't want to wait and have this turn into another Mutagen Michaelangelo/Kraang situation where they become super scarce. Not complaining that I overpaid. I'm a grown up and own my decisions. I'm just still disappointed that TRU.com sent me the wrong item. But at least they got me the Anton Zeck pack with no issues.

I'm going off the "Your quantity exceeds stock on hand. The maximum quantity that can be added is 430" when I tried to add 431.

So either a lot of unsold units, or your inventory control is off.

And I think one of my friends recently said it best.

"K-Mart always makes me feel like I’ve somehow had something go wrong in my life to have to go there."

The biggest difficultly is that I couldn't just send out a message to all my friends to help me look for one in other cities and states. I'd have to hope they could find the strip first, then make sure there were 12 pieces on it, then count down six from the top and hope that nobody's messed with the order. Feel around. Is there a spiky accessory? Are you sure it's not Shredder?

I'd never ask a friend to hunt blindly for me in a Kmart. Maybe a girlfriend I was about to break up with. But never a friend.

I can already see the argument against a 4-pack of army builders, so my alternative would be a Battle Box mini-case. Two random character blind bags (any series) and four random army builder blind bags (any series). That way each case would be highly likely to contain at least one Turtle, which would make retailer happy. But there are four guaranteed army builders, which would make fans happy and more willing to buy more than one case.

I am wondering what requirements are needed for a Diamond account.

I think with comics you have to meet a minimum order threshold to get any discounts and they are tiered based on how much you order. I've heard of comic buyers clubs where individuals will get together and pool their pull lists to get discounted comics under a single account. I'd imagine it would be the same for any of their product. You can probably get an account pretty easily but to get discounts to make it worthwhile you'll need to order in quantity.

But that's what we have Luke for, right? He does the leg work and we reap the rewards.

I don't have the problem with Menagerie that a lot of you do, it certainly sucks if he's buying them before anyone even got the chance to get them and then marking them up, but I have also been able to get singles from him for cheaper than I could get anywhere else for 'mates that are a few years old. He has his positives and negatives.

Edited by Valo487

I finally got to watch some episodes, this show is cool.

I've been a Turtles fan since the late 80's and this Nick version is my favorite by far. I am shocked that so many people that claim to love the latest movie haven't even given the newest cartoon a shot yet.

I'm going off the "Your quantity exceeds stock on hand. The maximum quantity that can be added is 430" when I tried to add 431.

So either a lot of unsold units, or your inventory control is off.

And I think one of my friends recently said it best.

"K-Mart always makes me feel like I’ve somehow had something go wrong in my life to have to go there."

The biggest difficultly is that I couldn't just send out a message to all my friends to help me look for one in other cities and states. I'd have to hope they could find the strip first, then make sure there were 12 pieces on it, then count down six from the top and hope that nobody's messed with the order. Feel around. Is there a spiky accessory? Are you sure it's not Shredder?

I'd never ask a friend to hunt blindly for me in a Kmart. Maybe a girlfriend I was about to break up with. But never a friend.

Hahaha, I don't know...K-Mart always makes me feel good about myself.

That is definitely a lot of leftover inventory. What's sad about that is that it sounded like some K-Marts never even got strips in the first place.

The biggest issue I had with finding TMNT Minimates at K-Mart was locating where they decided to put the strip. There were plenty of strips at my local K-Mart, they were just always in random locations and sometimes thrown on a shelf and not on a strip. I was able to track down Mutagen Mikey and Kraang very easily.

Edited by MisterMiracle

... I am shocked that so many people that claim to love the latest movie haven't even given the newest cartoon a shot yet.

I am shocked that so many love the latest Movie, it is a giant Turd as far as im concerned, the new Cartoon however is excellant.

Yeah, I didn't care for it at all. I think cartoons still have this stigma as being for kids which is why some people might not have given the new cartoon a shot yet.

Nope, not in the 2012 version of the cartoon.

Interesting, I must have been thinking of the older 80's/90's figures then.

The best and worst thing about TMNT is that the Turtleverse allows every incarnation to co-exist.

So it's cool to think that even the toys are their own separate realities that can cross over when you want them to.

But you can't get rid of anything, either. The 2014 movie designs are all right, but the movie itself is so uneven a mountain goat would have a hard time walking through it.

The new movie was one of the worst movies I have ever seen. And I'm not even saying that because I didn't like what they did with the Turtles, I went into it not expecting it to be a great adaptation of them, but I thought it was just terrible in every sense. Nothing I'm seeing about this new one makes me feel any differently.

I don't want to hate on the new movie, but it's just so hard not to ermm.gif the rights need to revert back to Marvel where we know it'll be handled properly.

Okay, joking aside. As a kid who was obsessed with the original TMNT cartoon and the first 2 movies, and having been underwhelmed with the 2003 cartoon, I am completely in love with the new Nick toon. Even moreso than the original, which will always hold a very very special place in my heart. I'm so happy that we're able to have 'mates from this version.

I can already see the argument against a 4-pack of army builders, so my alternative would be a Battle Box mini-case. Two random character blind bags (any series) and four random army builder blind bags (any series). That way each case would be highly likely to contain at least one Turtle, which would make retailer happy. But there are four guaranteed army builders, which would make fans happy and more willing to buy more than one case.

Selling six blind bags in one more expensive randomized "set" loses the impulse purchase model and also loses the completist collector buyer. I can see that being highly unpopular.

This just in...my second attempt to order a Mutagen Donnie (1 was showing up as "in stock" last week) was unsuccessful.

"Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for placing your recent order with us.

We wanted to inform you that there is a delay in fulfilling the item listed below in your order. Please accept our apologies for this delay.

At this time we do not have a ship date for the item."

Is it really that hard to correctly list items for sale and keep an up to date inventory? I've never had these issues ordering online with anyone else.

Edited by MisterMiracle

Is it really that hard to correctly list items for sale and keep an up to date inventory? I've never had these issues ordering online with anyone else.

Welcome to the club.

Selling six blind bags in one more expensive randomized "set" loses the impulse purchase model and also loses the completist collector buyer. I can see that being highly unpopular.

Unpopular compared to what?

It's not always about the best, you know. It's about maximizing options. Finding a middle ground between hunting all over the US for one figure and buying an entire case for one figure. And I may not even get a Kraang out of four of those cases. But you know what? Each of them added to my collection somehow.

And it can't be that unpopular, because it's the method card games use. Sure, I can buy one pack for $3. I could buy a booster box for $100. Or I can buy a fat pack for $30, which I know contains certain things I want but also a few surprises. Never underestimate the middle ground. It's the point where beginners and the more experienced meet.

Unpopular compared to what?

It's not always about the best, you know. It's about maximizing options. Finding a middle ground between hunting all over the US for one figure and buying an entire case for one figure. And I may not even get a Kraang out of four of those cases. But you know what? Each of them added to my collection somehow.

And it can't be that unpopular, because it's the method card games use. Sure, I can buy one pack for $3. I could buy a booster box for $100. Or I can buy a fat pack for $30, which I know contains certain things I want but also a few surprises. Never underestimate the middle ground. It's the point where beginners and the more experienced meet.

My point is that a blind bag is an impulse purchase for a casual fan, or a small gamble for a collector -- unless you're buying a case of them, in which case you know what is inside. Your six-pack is still a mystery, which makes it less impulsive for fans AND more of a gamble for collectors. It's a tough middle ground.

I don't know how card games decide their fat packs, and I'm a little hazy on how most card games work (it's been a while) -- my memory is you might want to have a few of certain cards to build a deck. So doubles are not an issue, and every card has value, or at least the value you paid (30 cents?). But if you buy four boxes of six blind bagged Minimates, then you've bought 24 Minimates, at $6 a pop, and maybe you got three of one Turtle and none of the army-builder you want.

If you only care about getting more army builders of any type, then yeah, I can see that being popular-ish. BUT if you buy a counter display of 18 Minimates, you get every figure in that series (that's at that retailer) and in most cases, there are multiples of the army-builders. Even if you then have to pay a premium for a retailer exclusive or two, you're still saving money. (We haven't even talked about where these sets would be exclusive to, or the fact that OTHER retailer exclusives would still not be in them.)

Sounds like the main issue is getting more access to certain army-builders, particularly limited-release ones, but I'm not sure that should be at the expense of the main characters, who are the reason people WANT the army-builders.

Edited by DSTZach