UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TMNT Minimates - it's official!

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

F@#$ that guy! Minimates Menagerie is the worst! 24 of each figure marked waaaaaay up instead of helping out people on here that never found them. I really hope that nobody on here buys their stuff from him.

Edited by MisterMiracle

F@#$ that guy! Minimates Menagerie is the worst! 24 of each figure marked waaaaaay up instead of helping out people on here that never found them. I really hope that nobody on here buys their stuff from him.

would you believe he's even a longtime member here, but haven't seen a post from him in quite some time...I'm guessing he uses the forum for some good intel on what to overcharge on.

He might buy from Luke. I think he is friends with the guy on Facebook. The whole thing started out with good intentions, but turned, in my opinion. Capitalism at it worst, I suppose. All I can say is that if you don't like it, don't buy. I have even considered making an Ebay store to counter some of the craziness, but found it would likely become a conflict of interest.

There's a guy on one of the facebook groups that posts the same mutagen donnie every day for $20. A group of people told him we like to hook each other up and not shake each other down. He said these things have value and he hates to base things off ebay prices but that's what he has to go off of. Then he lowered the price to 15. I've never seen him post anything else about minimates (stuff hes excited for, his collection, etc.) other than trying to sell tmnt mates for ridiculous prices. The new wave are $7.50 each in stores right now and he was trying to sell an open set yesterday for $55. Menagerie is infecting others...

I'm all for capitalism.

I also believe in toy karma.

I couldn't agree more. I'm all for anyone who is trying to make money... we all have families to feed (even if you don't, you get the idea) The problem i have is buying stuff from the trade threads here, from mostly very generous people, and flipping it for a profit on ebay. I think its happened more than once. Nothing against the law with doing that, it is just a scuzzy thing to do.

One of the problems is us, as a collector base, and our lack of patience and the need to have it now attitude. I was that way once upon a time, but realized the world won't end if i dont have it this second (but that's just me). I dont care for the menagerie, and the high prices (i've been guilty of buying from them in the past, but normally stay away.) but he wouldn't be selling, if people weren't still buying.

would you believe he's even a longtime member here, but haven't seen a post from him in quite some time...I'm guessing he uses the forum for some good intel on what to overcharge on.

he still flutters around here from time to time "Last Active Apr 08 2015 03:38 PM"

him_zpskjofdkuw.jpg

I'm all for capitalism.

I dont care for the menagerie, and the high prices (i've been guilty of buying from them in the past, but normally stay away.) but he wouldn't be selling, if people weren't still buying.

Why are people still buying from him though? I feel like most of the hardcore collectors that would give in to his prices are people that are probably members here. I've never had to resort to eBay to pay $50 for a $4-$5 figure. Several people on here have helped me out with hard to find stuff and I have in turn done the same thing. I think there's enough nice people to not have to resort to going through this guy.

Edited by MisterMiracle

I'm all for capitalism.

I dont care for the menagerie, and the high prices (i've been guilty of buying from them in the past, but normally stay away.) but he wouldn't be selling, if people weren't still buying.

Why are people still buying from him though? I feel like most of the hardcore collectors that would give in to his prices are people that are probably members here. I've never had to resort to eBay to pay $50 for a $4-$5 figure. Several people on here have helped me out with hard to find stuff and I have in turn done the same thing. I think there's enough nice people to not have to resort to going through this guy.

I purchased a few rarer ones off him before I made my way to this forum, but you're right. People here are so much more helpful than evilbay. I've plugged a few holes here for cheaper than 1 figure from him.

Anyways, as for the clip, I assume inventory on them works like everything else. Buyers buy what buyers buy. They might not want to buy too much and just forget about it, causing surplus stock...

Which menagerie buys.

I'd probably even eat that $11 UPS shipping if I were new to the line. It's just, you know, one army builder isn't that much fun. And Photoshop isn't the same as having a dozen evil robots in different poses sitting on your desk.

That's a lot of unsold strips, though. Can we finally agree that it's a much better plan to send desirable exclusives to retailers that are fiscally solvent?

I constantly buy stuff from him when I need one figure (or parts) for a custom, and getting the two pack elsewhere would cost too much more. it comes quickly (he doesn't live far), and always in good shape (heck, some of the ones I've gotten were nicer than my originals, so I swapped them out). confused.gif

I've never paid more than $10 for a figure, though.

I'd probably even eat that $11 UPS shipping if I were new to the line. It's just, you know, one army builder isn't that much fun. And Photoshop isn't the same as having a dozen evil robots in different poses sitting on your desk.

That's a lot of unsold strips, though. Can we finally agree that it's a much better plan to send desirable exclusives to retailers that are fiscally solvent?

...How many are you going by? 24? That is NOT a lot of unsold strips. We sold thousands of strips through Kmart, and we overproduced, so we had extras in case of a sell-out. I believe Kmart even re-ordered once or twice, so clearly people were buying them.

The logistics of supplying a national chain are pretty complex. But by most accounts here, it was a great way to get Minimates out into collectors' hands, as well as newbies. For everyone who said their Kmart closed, someone else said it was incredibly convenient.

And I'm not sure your plan to give retailers UNDESIRABLE exclusives is going to work out any better for anybody.

We may revisit the Kraang, at least the blue one.

I hope Kraang bots are revisited, as well as Foot Soldiers. confused.gif

Heck, put out a 4 pack: 1 silver Kraang Bot, 1 blue Kraang Bot, 1 Foot Soldier, 1 Robotic Foot Soldier.

I'd buy more of those than I did the Crazy 88 set.

I'd do it even if you did 3 Foot/1 Kraang.