UA-100768763-1 Jump to content
youbastards

TMNT Minimates - it's official!

Man, after seeing those pics...I really hope we get a set of the colored 80's turtles with colored pads.

I don't. The 1987 TMNT cartoon is my favorite cartoon of all time. If we get 1987 TMNT Minimates...well, there goes all my money. :P

Positive I'm not the only person who wanted to do this, but as I just got my Mirage set in the mail I had to "fix" this asap.

C716D4A1-A31D-48E9-BA2E-B693EB1D0EA0_zps

The Mirage heads were were super easy to separate from their bandanas, whereas the animated ones took a little prying even after they settled in boiled water.

This is fantastic. I really want 80s turtles, too. Those colors will pop so well on 'mates.

20150805_191015.png_zpste5ya52h.jpeg

C716D4A1-A31D-48E9-BA2E-B693EB1D0EA0_zps

Putting these together because I think seeing how cool the Mirage ones look with the multi-colored bandanas and the Nick ones look with all Red bandanas at the same time is gonna be the push a lot of people need to make these sets for themselves. (I mean, you can justify it as there’s no wasted parts! You’re buying two sets and ending up with two sets! Not many quick customs can claim a zero causality rate!)

They're ruined. A travesty. Original comic turtles all the way!

Cool. I have my mirage turtles opened but the rest of my turtle mates are still in their packaging.

Except I got rid of the extra blue/purple/orange masks, lol. Dangit!

Bwahahaha! I gotta make them now. devil.gif

thumbsup.gif Happy to help!

Fear not, purists out there! I'll be keeping a set of Mirage turtles in red bandanas too.

As I said, the Mirage heads were easy to take apart. It's the Nick ones that took some prying. If you're wanting to keep the heads mint, that may not be the case with the Nick heads. Mike and Raph really stuck together, so I impatiently used pliers. I have multiples, I regret nothing.

The Mirage set (swapped masks or not) is the first Turtles set I've been excited about. If we got Playmates characters, I'd be all over that like stink on you-know-what.

Edited by Mystery Man

The Mirage set (swapped masks or not) is the first Turtles set I've been excited about. If we got Playmates characters, I'd be all over that like stink on you-know-what.

Baxter Stockman? ;)

HA!

Does Baxter appear in the new show? I sure wish we could get a minimate of that fly head.

Also, has anybody tried painting a Splinter brown? What about making a more 1987 cartoony version of Shredder?

The Mirage set has sparked a fierce nostalgia in me for these guys.

I'm already hoping to modify the Bebop and Rocksteady when the come out.

Whilst these look great, i'm holding off getting them because I would really love to see them make versions of the charactera from the late 80's/early 90's show! Have there been any hints towards them making waves based on that era at all?

Whilst these look great, i'm holding off getting them because I would really love to see them make versions of the charactera from the late 80's/early 90's show! Have there been any hints towards them making waves based on that era at all?

It's been hinted at, but nothing's written in stone just yet.

Baxter Stockman has indeed been on the new Nick show in three different versions actually:

1. Himself

2. In a big robot

3. Mutated as a fly

Baxter Stockman has indeed been on the new Nick show in three different versions actually:

1. Himself

2. In a big robot

3. Mutated as a fly

This man is correct. And we need all three.

For those not wanting to wait I picked up a Lego Blind Bag Series 14 Wolfman, that I'm thinking to trying to turn into a Cap-Wolf, and one of the figures is a human fly. The head and claw hand should work on a minimate body for a custom Stockman.

For those not wanting to wait I picked up a Lego Blind Bag Series 14 Wolfman, that I'm thinking to trying to turn into a Cap-Wolf, and one of the figures is a human fly. The head and claw hand should work on a minimate body for a custom Stockman.

They do. I made a custom Fly from the 1958 movie!

7F144E03-CAF6-4BB5-9E16-E542EF18414F_zps

1. Himself

2. In a big robot

3. Mutated as a fly

Technically 4 versions, there's also his early prototype robot suit (IE Baxter with some random metal parts, helmet, shoulderpads, arm attachments, etc...)