UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TMNT Minimates - it's official!

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, nandoninny said:

obviously i hope this means more (4?) sets, each with a turtle and a foot soldier

I had the exact same thought. It would be extremely smart (imo) on DST’s part to stretch it out over 4 box sets and anchor each one with a turtle and a Foot Soldier. With TMNT’s massive catalogue of important side characters, I can think of plenty of friends & foes just off the top of my head who could take the remaining 3 spots in each box. And even after all 4 box sets, there would still be at least half a dozen unmade characters I’d love to see. and we wouldn’t need any variants or alternate looks of anyone.

Only three sets planned right now, with two turtles in the third set. A Foot Soldier in every set, plus a good guy and at least one bad guy in every set. Each package is themed to a different vehicle. 

There is a 4th set designed, but it's not from the classic cartoon. We'll see how these do. 

13 minutes ago, DSTZach said:

Only three sets planned right now, with two turtles in the third set. A Foot Soldier in every set, plus a good guy and at least one bad guy in every set. Each package is themed to a different vehicle. 

There is a 4th set designed, but it's not from the classic cartoon. We'll see how these do. 

4th set not classic cartoon?

mirage comic or movie possibly 

Sounds great. I do agree that sculpted heads for the turtles would be nice. Maybe in a future pack?

Biggest issue I have with the set though is waiting for it. With the way things are now it feels like it takes forever between preorder and arrival. It might just be that there are a lot fewer preorders so it feels like it is longer between releases than it actually is but it sure feels like a long long time. I want my turtle blimp. Always wanted one as a little kid and never had one. My friend had the van at least. That lucky kid also had the GI Joe aircraft carrier. It was awesome getting to play with it.

These look great! Happy that these figures are being released from the Phantom Zone, and with a snazzy new box, too. Very excited to get these on the shelf.

As for that mysterious fourth box, I am still hopeful we can get some more of the character in the Playmates style to match the VHS box that we just got. At least to round out the initial year of the line. 

Also, any chance of a Foot Soldier two-pack as our next LTS exclusive??? Would look great on his new site :thumbsup:

14 minutes ago, NerdyTrev said:

Also, any chance of a Foot Soldier two-pack as our next LTS exclusive??? Would look great on his new site :thumbsup:

If so, I would take a case! That would be amazing

If they’re doing the Technodrome as the vehicle for the third set, it would make sense to tie Krang to it. So my guess for box set 2 would be the Party Wagon (van) with Raph, Casey, Splinter, Baxter (sharing Mousers as an accessory) and a Foot Soldier. Box set 3 in the Technodrome would be Leo, Mikey, Rocksteady, Krang, and a Foot Soldier.

I’d love a slightly different lineup with Slash replacing Baxter, but the Mousers were a big storyline and it just makes sense to keep Stockman connected to Splinter…

Pre-orders are always PLANNED to have a six-month lead time. Things have been taking a little longer with some sets, for instance GI Joe was January to November, but Series 2 was July to January, so that's pretty on-course. Hopefully these are already tooled, and production will go quickly once a decent number of orders have been received. Spread the word.