UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TMNT Minimates - it's official!

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’ve got too much excitement for this. The packaging in particular makes this a love letter to my childhood, which I’m sure was exactly the point for this product’s target audience.

Zach, I know it’s early in the game but can you tell us anything about potential plans for future releases? I’m sure it’s a ‘wait and see how the first one sells’ situation, but any insight you have would fall on happy ears

9 minutes ago, DSTZach said:

I am not aware of more toy-based sets, specifically, but we have talked repeatedly about offering the cartoon-based sets, either through retailers (attempt 2) or as a web exclusive. Fingers crossed. 

Zach, my friend, have I said to you how much I would like for your future plans to include a certain samurai rabbit?

1 hour ago, DSTZach said:

I am not aware of more toy-based sets, specifically, but we have talked repeatedly about offering the cartoon-based sets, either through retailers (attempt 2) or as a web exclusive. Fingers crossed. 

God I would LOVE this. The original protos for the cartoon ones year back were PERFECT.

3 hours ago, Smashmaster12 said:

Oooh, this is really neat. I love the packaging to bits, inspiring them off the old Playmates figures is a fun choice. Can't wait. :)

ReAction did the same. One of the few times I liked the ReAction products.

10 hours ago, elhonez said:

The packaging and figures are all 100% win here. Great stuff!

100% agree at least as far as I am concerned. Love the idea, the execution and the packaging and well as the figures. The VHS interior tray is fantastic! I remember renting the old TMNT videos from the store and even being lucky enough for my family to own a couple for me.

With these I do believe that the only 2 figure lines from my personal childhood toys that DST has yet to put out in minimate form are MOTU & Star Wars. It gives the nostalgia feels oh so warmly.

Although I will say; if we can get four baby turtles here; then where is my wolf accessory for my silent ninja in the other line?

Edited by HellfireSamurai

2 hours ago, HellfireSamurai said:

With these I do believe that the only 2 figure lines from my personal childhood toys that DST has yet to put out in minimate form are MOTU & Star Wars. It gives the nostalgia feels oh so warmly.

Although I will say; if we can get four baby turtles here; then where is my wolf accessory for my silent ninja in the other line?

Spitting facts. We need Timber.

These are amazing! Definitely need one to keep in the box. Agreed that we need another couple sets for the villains, the foot, and the friends. 

I dig these but I do wonder how many sales have been lost due to the photos and descriptions not mentioning the swords and chucks. Everywhere this was posted on many sites from Twitter and beyond, people are commenting that they don’t have those weapons. And even if people get better information the misinformation is out there and spread. Blah.

My description said they all came with their key weapons.  If a site decides to make a partial list of accessories, I can't control that. The set includes:

4 Ninja Turtle Minimates

2 swords for Leonardo

1 bo staff for Donatello

2 sais for Raphael

2 pairs of nunchucks for Michelangelo

2 ninja stars

1 canister of mutagen

4 baby turtles in their respective flesh tones

1 Mouser

1 display stand with mutagen ooze deco

1 display stand with retro sewer lid deco

2 clear display stands+

Tray shoot soon. 

Edited by DSTZach

Interesting that it comes with two themed stands and two clear ones. I would have thought it would be either all themed or all clear. I also would have liked a second staff for Don since his toy has two. On the other hand I love that it comes with a mouser. Hopefully if they do more sets (and I hope they do!) the mouser will find its way in them as well. I would mind having a handful of them.

Edited by Strider

4 hours ago, Strider said:

Interesting that it comes with two themed stands and two clear ones. I would have thought it would be either all themed or all clear. I also would have liked a second staff for Don since his toy has two. On the other hand I love that it comes with a mouser. Hopefully if they do more sets (and I hope they do!) the mouser will find its way in them as well. I would mind having a handful of them.

Agreed on the mouser!

On 7/30/2022 at 9:00 AM, buttheadsmate said:

Still no love for Betamax then?

I thought he was a standout character in the Big Hero 6 animation. ?

Edited by MiniFiend UK
the actual emojis now work for me! yippie!

On 7/31/2022 at 7:33 AM, DSTZach said:

My description said they all came with their key weapons.  If a site decides to make a partial list of accessories, I can't control that. The set includes:

4 Ninja Turtle Minimates

2 swords for Leonardo

1 bo staff for Donatello

2 sais for Raphael

2 pairs of nunchucks for Michelangelo

2 ninja stars

1 canister of mutagen

4 baby turtles in their respective flesh tones

1 Mouser

1 display stand with mutagen ooze deco

1 display stand with retro sewer lid deco

2 clear display stands+

Tray shoot soon. 

I’m not blaming you, FYI. I’m just saying as we have seen far too much in the past few years. Factually wrong information seems to spread twice as far twice as quickly as the truth. And it has probably hurt sales of this set a bit. 

Little hiccups like not photoing the core weapons has caused confusion. Hopefully it doesn’t hurt things too much.