UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TMNT Minimates - it's official!

I misspoke, I don't think the TMNT set will be at SDCC, it will be an exclusive later this year. And the mystery license will have VInimates at SDCC, MM at specialty.

We're still finalizing the SDCC lineup because we're not 100% sure which will make it in time for the show. But if they don't make it to the show, they will be Diamond 40th anniversary exclusives. 

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/22/2022 at 8:59 AM, buttheadsmate said:

... but which Minimate would anybody want to put 'Thing's' separate headpiece onto apart from another 'Thing' ?   Who would put an actual hairpiece on to a Thing head ?

I wouldn't be surprised if board member Prowlar has done both of those things. He's very creative at mixing parts to make new characters. If anyone can find an alternate use for Thing's head or brow, it's him. :)

I got an inkling and I need to put it here for prosperity:  I think this set is going to be based on The Last Ronin.  Either a two pack with the titular turtle and casey jones or a four pack with those two plus like, I dunno April and Baxter Stockman? 

Honestly, I'm not reading the book cause it's too dang expensive, but I'd still buy the heck out of a set.

4 hours ago, funkguerilla said:

I got an inkling and I need to put it here for prosperity:  I think this set is going to be based on The Last Ronin.  Either a two pack with the titular turtle and casey jones or a four pack with those two plus like, I dunno April and Baxter Stockman? 

Honestly, I'm not reading the book cause it's too dang expensive, but I'd still buy the heck out of a set.

Maybe it is a set based on the new game. I would be totally cool with that.

12 hours ago, funkguerilla said:

I would be buying multiples of that set if it is based off The Last Ronin. The story is great. While I dislike detracting from LCBS business; if you really want to read the story but don't like the price point; a quick search online will net you places to read it for free. Personally I'm buying the books since so they can get signed & added to my TMNT collection.

I still say released the retro turtles as designed would be more successful than anything IDW or otherwise (there's a ton of Last Ronin stuff solicited and I doubt it's all gonna sell) despite whatever previous lackluster solicitations there may have been.

At the time Minimates was cooking pretty good and I don't think everyone realized they had to pre-order or the line would be canceled. It was a different era when lots of stuff was making it to shelves. And the retro TMNT boom hadn't happened, there was a bit of TMNT fatigue after the terrible movies, the end of the Nick show and Megabloks flooding the market with niche TMNT stuff.

Now I think a set of retro 87 TMNT would sell very well.

3 hours ago, Trekker 42 said:

It is worth mentioning thatRise of the TMNT is getting a Netflix movie this year so it is still going in a way. Could be those guys  

A valid point, but I doubt it's those. Rise's movie is only still coming out because it was already moving along when Rise died off. I think Nick is done with Rise overall and are already working on what the next iteration will be. Rise was pretty much a flop overall so it would be a real risk for DST to go that route.

I think the video game tie-in would be more successful than Last Ronin and the 80s designs already shown to use the most successful, but I think the IDW Last Ronin stuff might be the most likely.

I'm stoked for the hopes for more TMNT though.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/22/2022 at 4:59 PM, buttheadsmate said:

I'll definitely let this go after I say just this....

Minimates are designed for interchangeability ,I get that I really do but which Minimate would anybody want to put 'Thing's' separate headpiece onto apart from another 'Thing' ?   Who would put an actual hairpiece on to a Thing head ? It ain't 'appening :no:

Just mould a one-piece sculpted head ,paint it & be done ?  

....like the Kronan Stone Man (of Saturn) which was the Thing with a different moulded head .:other_beatingA_DeadHorse:

• 2 months later...
49 minutes ago, fwoosheyman said:

Ok I’m confused. Leo & Mikey are shown with their weapons on the box art but the swords and nunchucks aren’t listed as included and there’s no pictures of them. 

Did DST really release a set w no Leo swords and no Mikey chucks? 

Yes, it includes their weapons. NO, I don't know why they didn't shoot them. 

TMNTPkg1.jpg

Edited by DSTZach

52 minutes ago, nandoninny said:

I’m just curious how many sets they gotta sell to do more characters like this.  I would love old skool bebop and rocksteady, casey jones, and for some reason rat king is one of my favorite villians of all time

Give me set 2 with Shredder, Kraang, Beebop, Rocksteady.

Set 3 with Splinter, Casey, April and Baxter Stockman.

4 with a Foot ninja/rock soldier pack.

And then 5, with Ray Fillet, Rat King, Leatherhead and Slash.

You wanna do set 6, Tokka, Razor, Mondo and Rex 1.