UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TMNT Minimates - it's official!

6 hours ago, DSTZach said:

A lot were given away by Nickelodeon, but I don't think the random con-goers who got them were saving them, or for the most part selling them. We were not able to promote the giveaway in advance. Many unhappy customers. Ergo controversy. It was brought up in another thread recently.

i don't think anyone has the right to complain about not getting a freebie.  i wish everyone could be made happy but that just isn't always going to be the case.  

i would say some kinda heads up would have been nice.  ;)  

can i ask what prevented you from promoting it in advance?

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/3/2020 at 4:05 PM, nandoninny said:

i don't think anyone has the right to complain about not getting a freebie.  i wish everyone could be made happy but that just isn't always going to be the case.  

I can't say. But not our choice.

On 4/3/2020 at 4:05 PM, nandoninny said:

Oh my friend you would be surprised as to what people feel entitled to complain about... especially at an event.

2 hours ago, thereasonsy said:

Oh my friend you would be surprised as to what people feel entitled to complain about... especially at an event.

i was at a show where Jim Lee did sketches for EVERYONE in line.  and good ones too.  when DC capped the line while people were still running to get in line this one guy started yelling and screaming and called Jim Lee DC's bitch..........and it was a friend of mine.  oddly enough probably the nicest guy in the world.  Not sure what set him off that day.  probably seeing 50 people ahead of you all getting a Jim Lee sketch and not you.  I got a Flash.  

I can understand spending hundreds of dollars to book a hotel room for a weekend, fly to the destination, pay for admission, and be disappointed that you couldn't get a freebie.

Disappointed.

But to throw a tantrum like a stereotypical man-child fanboy? SLAP!

• 2 weeks later...

Found a purple Donatello promo while cleaning my office. IF YOU DON'T HAVE ONE, post pics of your other three Promos (Raph, Mikey and Leo) here and I'll choose someone randomly to send him out to. I'll give everyone a day or two. If you can't post a pic here, post a link. They can be in-package, but I should be able to tell who they are. Good luck!

Very cool, Zach.

On a TMNT-related note, my youngest daughter recently got into Ninja Turtles somehow, and her favorite show is the one these Minimates were based on.  I never watched it until now, but it is fun, particularly when they cross-over with the original cartoon versions.

I was digging through my old Minimates looking for the turtles and could only find the TRU-exclusive Donatello pack for her birthday recently.  Need to go eBay to get her the full set at some point.

This was a pretty great cartoon! It started off kinda rough, but it really embraced the absurdity of this world in a cool way. It was helmed by the same guy who did Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, so right off the bat you'd expect some level of narrative complexity that doesn't talk down to its audience.