UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TMNT Minimates - it's official!

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, DSTZach said:

Well, there are no more Marvel or Predator blind bags, so that should help. Yay shots of Predator TRU4 soon...

Meh, I was never able to track down a Poncho or Anna and those weren't blind bagged.  The cast from the original Predator movie (which are really the only ones I wanted from these lines) have always been veeeery difficult to obtain which is slowly but surely souring me on this line now too. 

Hasn't wave 4 of TRU Predator been out for a month or two already?  

Edited by MisterMiracle

23 hours ago, MisterMiracle said:

Meh, I was never able to track down a Poncho or Anna and those weren't blind bagged.  The cast from the original Predator movie (which are really the only ones I wanted from these lines) have always been veeeery difficult to obtain which is slowly but surely souring me on this line now too. 

Not sure if you mean everyone, but pretty sure most have been offered individually or as two-packs on Luke's. Blaine was marked down at one point. Sets with Poncho are still available.

Hasn't wave 4 of TRU Predator been out for a month or two already?  

Whoops, meant Series 5. Another chance to get Dutch and Dillon if you missed them.

• 1 month later...

4-packs would be fine, but I would hate for them to only release e of the 4-packs and cancel the last one for lack of sales. It would also suck to only get 4 Foot for roughly the same cost as getting 6.

Four 4-packs would get it done, though:

Turtle, Villain, Supporting character, Foot in each

9 hours ago, Onyx_6 said:

Turtle, Villain, Supporting character, Foot in each

No way!  If the sales from the first set or two weren't enough to keep it going then you're left with incomplete teams.  I think you need to get the big names out first.

#1  =  Leonardo, Michelangelo, Donatello, Raphael

#2  =  Shredder, Splinter, Casey, April

#3  =  Bebop, Rocksteady, Baxter Stockman, Kraang

#4  =  Foot Soldiers x4

Every set, 2-pack, whatever, has a minimum order quantity (MOQ) with the factory. To make less than that would not be cost-effective, and that is what we base production costs on. In some cases the shared packs with Toys R Us make that a non-issue. With specialty-exclusive sets, like this assortment, we know we are going to have to make some extras (hundreds or even 1000+) to cover MOQ, but the number we have pre-sold usually puts us in the range of profitability, and we may even have faith that the others will sell on re- orders.

But the orders we received from specialty retailers on TMNT classics were nowhere near MOQ. Luke does his share, but he can only do so much. The bulk of the run would have sat in the warehouse, and the entire production run would have been done at a loss. If we could have broken even on it, we might have gone ahead anyway, but we can't knowingly produce something that will end up costing us money.

I'd love to find a way to get them out to people, but it would not happen right away.

Edited by DSTZach

What about a SDCC convention exclusive deluxe boxset ala NECA?

Make them a limited run at a higher price point in deluxe packaging.  Both classic waves in one big exclusive boxset.

You could have the benefit of preorders thru specialty shops while also getting the product in front of the biggest possible audience at the biggest possible locale.  

If these couldn't sell as solicited I can't imagine many people are going to sign up for paying even more.

I'm still curious what the preorder numbers would have looked like if everyone had preordered who was planning on getting these. No doubt a lot of us thought they were a safe bet. If we were that far short of the numbers maybe it doesn't matter.

As I have said before, I was going to preorder the second the other half of these got solicited. I didn’t want this to happen to wave 2....

1 hour ago, stack32 said:

I'm still curious what the preorder numbers would have looked like if everyone had preordered who was planning on getting these. No doubt a lot of us thought they were a safe bet. If we were that far short of the numbers maybe it doesn't matter.

I was most certainly going to buy them but I never preordered them.  I have never preordered any Minimate purchase that I have made.

8 hours ago, youbastards said:

What about a SDCC convention exclusive deluxe boxset ala NECA?

Make them a limited run at a higher price point in deluxe packaging.  Both classic waves in one big exclusive boxset.

You could have the benefit of preorders thru specialty shops while also getting the product in front of the biggest possible audience at the biggest possible locale.  

I think they could do well in that format, but now that this has occurred I can see a lack of confidence surrounding such a venture.

18 minutes ago, DSTZach said:

Which one? If you mean a promo, I would not consider those equal.

Whatever the most recent purple translucent Donnie was.  That's the one piece that I'm missing for my TMNT collection.  I've asked on here, in two Facebook groups and on a TMNT forum with zero luck.  The other ones weren't nearly this hard to track down.

Quite why the 'purple Donnie' was/is so scarce is a conundrum but these things have a habit of eventually filtering their way onto the market  . .....hopefully.

It would be a tragedy if this promo became the last released item of an extinct Minimate franchise........  the purple 'dodo' perhaps:confused: