UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TMNT Minimates - it's official!

10 hours ago, Gmonkey2k said:

Normally they're not limited to 1000, and only handed out at an event we had no warming about.

I'm pretty sure the other 3 colors were limited to 800 each, and were handed out at the same type of public events. I dropped a ton of hints, but obviously it was Nick's choice to make it a surprise.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Mirymate said:

Been a while since anything but Lego has had the stones to have that limited a release, but its not unheard of. Would have been nice of them to at least warn Zach what their plan was.

Most of our promos have been limited to 200 per day. 800 total for a four-day show. We never give them out on preview nights. So this is actually high compared to the other three turtles, the GB promo and the Battle Beasts. Not sure how many Tusk Mates got made, but not more than that.

I am happy that Nick was willing to give these out for us. I believe it was Chuck's idea to make them, in order to complete the set. Plus, it brings more eyes to the TMNT line. This is the first time we have included a full insert with a promo.

10 hours ago, DSTZach said:

Are people thinking this is the fourth translucent green turtle? Translucent Donatello was released in TRU Series 3. This is the completely purple Donatello.

I think everyone knows what it is since they've been calling it purple Donnie.  I think anyone that collects this line is fully aware of what teams were finished (regular, Vision Quest, Space, translucent) and which versions were not finished (Dark Horizons, promotional translucents). 

I think including that promo for the new retro Turtles was a smart idea!

Edited by MisterMiracle

11 hours ago, DSTZach said:

I think Nick was worried about a rush/crowds if they announced it ahead of time. That can be an issue with these kinds of giveaways. But I wish you'd come by the booth to say hello -- I saved a few in my pocket just in case any MMMVers came by!

I wanted to stop by the booth and say hello but we were only there for a few hours and my wife had other priorities. So many things I wish I'd been able to do and didn't. You wouldn't happen to still have them would you? If so maybe Shane could do a giveaway?

4 hours ago, MisterMiracle said:

I think everyone knows what it is since they've been calling it purple Donnie.  I think anyone that collects this line is fully aware of what teams were finished (regular, Vision Quest, Space, translucent) and which versions were not finished (Dark Horizons, promotional translucents). 

Well, Donnie wears purple. I only asked because people seemed to be stunned that it was given out at a convention... like all of the other ones.

4 hours ago, MisterMiracle said:

I think including that promo for the new retro Turtles was a smart idea!

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Mysterious Stranger said:

I wanted to stop by the booth and say hello but we were only there for a few hours and my wife had other priorities. So many things I wish I'd been able to do and didn't. You wouldn't happen to still have them would you? If so maybe Shane could do a giveaway?

I'll see if I have any left. I gave some out at the panel to people who asked questions. And I gave one to Ivan for the MMDB. Hail Ivan.

14 minutes ago, DSTZach said:

And I gave one to Ivan for the MMDB. Hail Ivan.

Well of course you did.

Hail Ivan

18 hours ago, DSTZach said:

I only asked because people seemed to be stunned that it was given out at a convention... like all of the other ones.

Personally, I just wish I had known that they were going to be given away.  I've never attended any of these cons before but I know a few people that go and could've picked one up for me instead of being forced to pay those insane eBay prices if I want one in my collection.

I dropped a LOT of hints, but I assumed it would be officially announced in advance -- it was not my giveaway to announce. I was surprised when it ended up unannounced. I believe it was promoted on social media, but I have not done much research yet. I do not know how much advance notice there was. I would wait for more to hit the market.

Edited by DSTZach

• 4 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, DSTZach said:

TMNT is done, sorry. No Classic Series 1 or 2.

Wait...what?!  What happened???!!!

By the way, did anyone end up finding more of those SDCC translucent Donnies?  They seem to have disappeared rather quickly.

Edited by MisterMiracle

What!? No!!! I wanted those so badly!!!

What the f*** is happening today!? It started out so well. Guardians Vol. 2 hit bluray, Thirty Seconds To Mars released their first single in four years, my Hot Toys Harley shipped a month ahead of schedule. Now BBTS e-mailed me telling me Funko retired one of their Dark Crystal ReAction figures before they could fulfill preorders (and I saw it so many f***ing times at TRU, and could've f***ing bought it there, and now it's going for exorbitant prices on eBay), now this!? Am I going to come home to a burgled apartment? Are one (or both) of my parents going to die? I know I'm being melodramatic over some toys, but things took such a sharp turn from "great day" to "one disappointment after another", who knows what could go wrong now?