• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Mysterious Stranger said:

SDCC? If so I'ma need a hookup for two.

Ditto. Please.

1 hour ago, Romeo said:

They'll be a kmart exclusive! *runs and hides*:ninja:

Ten years. 70 posts. 69 of them NOT obnoxious PL-bait. Bravo, Romeo. :D

I would hope that if we did somehow get a fan-requested figure out onto the marketplace, fans would not nit-pick where it was placed TOO much, but I guess that's the nature of the beast. I'm sure some of you will WISH it was Kmart...

Edited by DSTZach

Not sure whose trigger word that is, but it always makes me smile. I first met GBJR when he had the idea for a Shoulder Action Figure, that sat on your shoulder, and I have been entertained by his exploits since.

Edited by DSTZach

• 1 month later...

Are the 80s Turtles still happening? It is weird to not see them at SDCC and the second set still isn't up for preorder. Or am I being too impatient? :)

I'd assume so. I was a little surprised we haven't seen anything about them. This line got quiet. TMNT was pretty fast and furious there for a bit and then they switched to the 80's turtles and there's a HUUUUGE lag time between the release.

Please let these still be happening!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/EXCLUSIVE-Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-Clear-Purple-Variant-MINIMATES-SDCC-2017-/172793356559?hash=item283b49610f:g:PhcAAOSweGxZdtAQ

One of the very few listings on ebay for the Nickelodeon purple Donatello giveaway. Apparently they were made for Nick to give away on Friday of the convention and only about 1000 were made.

3 minutes ago, Mysterious Stranger said:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/EXCLUSIVE-Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-Clear-Purple-Variant-MINIMATES-SDCC-2017-/172793356559?hash=item283b49610f:g:PhcAAOSweGxZdtAQ

One of the very few listings on ebay for the Nickelodeon purple Donatello giveaway. Apparently they were made for Nick to give away on Friday of the convention and only about 1000 were made.

ARE YOU F!@#ING KIDDING ME?!?

3 minutes ago, Mysterious Stranger said:

I never joke about exclusive stuff. Check the 2017 SDCC thread in General Discussion for Zach's exact post.

I know, I know...I just thought that a highly requested figure that would complete a team of variant figures...wouldn't be this asinine to get....:confused::wallbash:

:gah:

16 minutes ago, Gmonkey2k said:

I know, I know...I just thought that a highly requested figure that would complete a team of variant figures...wouldn't be this asinine to get....:confused::wallbash:

Why? When has getting a hold of a highly requested variant necessary to complete a team ever NOT been an arduous journey of asinine scalper fighting frustration?

1 minute ago, Mirymate said:

Why? When has getting a hold of a highly requested variant necessary to complete a team ever NOT been an arduous journey of asinine scalper fighting frustration?

Normally they're not limited to 1000, and only handed out at an event we had no warming about.

Been a while since anything but Lego has had the stones to have that limited a release, but its not unheard of. Would have been nice of them to at least warn Zach what their plan was.

UGH!  I think I'm officially throwing in the towel on the TMNT line then.  It started off as one of my favorite lines and quickly turned into a big headache to keep up with.  $45, $80 or $200 to grab a purple Donatello on eBay.  No thanks!

Edited by MisterMiracle

17 hours ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

It is ridiculous that purple Donatello is that hard to find, but since the line is restarting with a different property, it doesn't seem like much of a reason to give up on it. That's obviously your decision, though.

I'm aware of the newer stuff coming out eventually.  The local comic shops near me probably won't carry them but they shouldn't be an issue to get through Luke.  I was talking about the Nick TMNT Minimates.  Instead of continuing to try to track down the "rare" blind bag stuff that I was never able to track down locally or through asking on here, on two FB groups and on a TMNT forum, I'm leaning towards just selling everything off and being done with it.  It just turned into a hassle to try and track some of these down.

Edited by MisterMiracle

10 hours ago, Gmonkey2k said:

The first two were given away at the Nickelodeon and DST booths at SDCC two years ago. The third was given out at NYCC two years ago. I'm not sure how releasing the fourth figure the exact same way is asinine. It was even produced in similar numbers. The only difference is that Nick did not release a schedule to us or anyone ahead of time. 

Are people thinking this is the fourth translucent green turtle? Translucent Donatello was released in TRU Series 3. This is the completely purple Donatello.

6 hours ago, Mysterious Stranger said:

These are the first ones popping up on ebay too, so the price might come down if more become available.

I'm just a bit miffed I didn't know about these ahead of time. I managed to get into SDCC on Friday and would have hit the Nick booth had I known about them.

I think Nick was worried about a rush/crowds if they announced it ahead of time. That can be an issue with these kinds of giveaways. But I wish you'd come by the booth to say hello -- I saved a few in my pocket just in case any MMMVers came by!