UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TMNT Minimates - it's official!

1 hour ago, Mattallica said:

"No more Nick TMNT"    I bet this has something to do with Mattel acquiring Megabloks and their deal with Nick

I guess we'll never get that trans purple Donnie now:confused:

I doubt Mega Bloks has anything to do with it. They've been doing a ton of 80s TMNT stuff. If they were going to kibosh Turtles, they'd kibosh them all.

I'm guessing TRU pulled out and don't want Nick Minimates, and DST figured there is still life in TMNT Minimates, but not later seasons of Nick stuff. So if they have to go comic shop exclusive then it's better to do the heavily recognizable 80s versions as opposed to the new stuff.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, SCW said:

I doubt Mega Bloks has anything to do with it. They've been doing a ton of 80s TMNT stuff. If they were going to kibosh Turtles, they'd kibosh them all.

I'm guessing TRU pulled out and don't want Nick Minimates, and DST figured there is still life in TMNT Minimates, but not later seasons of Nick stuff. So if they have to go comic shop exclusive then it's better to do the heavily recognizable 80s versions as opposed to the new stuff.

They have done them before, but now that Mattel has taken over with their re-named Mega Construx line there are no 80's turtles shown in the near future Just the Modern Nick stuff.

Just now, Mattallica said:

They have done them before, but now that Mattel has taken over with their re-named Mega Construx line there are no 80's turtles shown in the near future Just the Modern Nick stuff.

They just released the Rock Soldiers, classic Baxter, Mutating Rocksteady & Bebop, Raph in human disguise, Mike in Human disguise, classic Mousers and Samurai Leo all under the Mega Construx branding. 

21 hours ago, stack32 said:

A lot of the Nick TMNT minimates had been moving very slowly at my local TRUs. Not as bad as Muppets but still pretty slow. I'd think there's at least a chance TRU just wasn't interested anymore.

Those damn space figures killed the Nick line.  Series 4 & 5 haven't moved much at all from what I've seen.  I was just telling a friend yesterday about the new 80's stuff and he said he stopped buying them for this son.  They have everything up until Series 3 but they just didn't like the figures in Series 4 & 5.

Again, while I'm really excited about the 80's stuff, there are lot of villains from the Nick show (which is amazing, by the way) that were never made.  My biggest gripe though is though we'll probably never see a Translucent Purple Donnie or the Dark Horizons versions of Donnie, Leo, or Mikey.  Comic con exclusive 4-pack for the TMNT fans maybe?!

Edited by MisterMiracle

I agree with Ninturtle, another wave would be great especially if we could get Slash, Rat King, Leatherhead and Krang in his walker. Either way though, these two waves are pretty sweet. They look really great.

I think the Space Turtles definitely bogged down the line a bit. I think the bigger issue with that was the Space Turtles were spaced (no pun intended) over two waves with more regular turtle variants. If they'd just been one wave, I think it would have helped overall. But no use in crying over spilled milk. It was a good run.

Now give me classic TMNT!

36 minutes ago, Heinous said:

Now I don't know if I'm in for these. Wave 1 looked pretty good, Casey, April, shredder, bebop and the foot looked cool. But I don't like how splinter, rocksteady and Krang came out. And I can't say I'm a fan of the turtles.

I think Splinter looks off because he lacks his mustache and his teeth, maybe they'll fix that issue before release. The others look fine to me.

I've never heard of that spot on Splinter's fur being referred to as a mustache before. Interesting take on that. I don't believe it was ever supposed to be a stache, just a line to show the difference in the jaw/mouth area of fur. And it's actually on the Minimate figure, it's just hard to see.

I think they all look fantastic. Especially Krang.

I do wish the Turtles had their turtle shaped heads, but I know that's not allowed.

Edit: But the absence of teeth could throw the sculpt off to some people. I like him,

Edited by SCW

4 hours ago, TENIME_art said:

Looking at Baxter, I don't see why he couldn't come with a spare head/hands/feet like so many other figures before him have, to transform him. *hopes*

The fact that there's no skin showing does make that seem possible. Plus, he's likely packed with an army builder, so you could get two for both looks.

Am I the only one that thinks that the new tv show mates would be going strong if there was more mutant presence in the last two waves and overall. I love the classic ninja turtles and will be getting them(hopefully a long running series). I just feel like we have acouple different characters out of a vast collection and now we won't get anymore.

30 minutes ago, J-rodst said:

Am I the only one that thinks that the new tv show mates would be going strong if there was more mutant presence in the last two waves and overall. I love the classic ninja turtles and will be getting them(hopefully a long running series). I just feel like we have acouple different characters out of a vast collection and now we won't get anymore.

Yeah, I agree. I feel the Nick line could have used more mutant henchman, Bebop and Rocksteady were some of the best mates in the line.

47 minutes ago, J-rodst said:

Nope, i think  thats exactly right,

12 minutes ago, Mattallica said:

Nope, i think  thats exactly right,

And look at the page number amount. WD is the only other topic outside of marvel that has more pages and that start like two/three years before TMNT. I guess I'm sad about The way it went down AND the Stupid blind packs. Oh well onto a newer  brighter day. Just had to let that out.

18 hours ago, J-rodst said:

It was an extraordinarily weird and bull-headed decision to never look back and never bother with minimates of the most common, recurring henchmen or the great, really memorable mutants from the first seasons. Instead hedging their bets that the show would be space show forever from this point on, and not just a dozen episodes or so. 

Edited by JRSly

I'll agree with this. I always hoped we would get the new show and 80s turtles co-existing as lines, instead of one replacing the other. I always feel disconnected from a line when you feel like it's difficult to piece together main characters or a team is left without a key member. It's like the Phoenix 5 mates and various teams such as that. 

Not to mention the last two waves had weaker TRU exclusives, that were just body reuses. We got Chromedome and Bishop over Tiger Claw, Fishface and Rahzar. Atleast those three to complete Shredder's main team. We missed important space characters like Mona Lisa, Lord Dregg and Armaggon?(the big metal shark guy). 

Classic TMNT looks great, unfortunately since TRU backed out, these aren't as accessible to get for me.

Edited by RedTiger95