UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TMNT Minimates - it's official!

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So after a month of stalking my local TRU 3-4 times a week to find a mutagen Donnie, I get a text from my friend saying TRU has two in stock. He bought 1 and didn't bother to grab the other one for me ( his reasoning is that he thought I would've found one by now). I'm on vacation for another week so I can kiss that other Donnie goodbye. I think I'm ready to give up on this one.

Well...I'm glad that I didn't throw in the towel on Mutagen Donnie yet! My local TRU still had one left (I thought for sure somebody would have grabbed it the 10 days that I've been on vacation) AND my TRU.com order had a Donnie instead of a Mikey so I'm FINALLY all set. Alright, when does Series 3 come out now???

Does anyone have any comparisons photos for spider bytes and other mutants?

Just wondering if they're is another worth picking up other than snakeweed and Leatherhead?

Edited by JoeyCrypts

Wow. those actually look pretty good! I think I'd rather see more humans get made from here on out for the Minimates line (Baxter Stockman, Irma, Kirby O'Neil, Xever, Pulverizer, etc.) and just pick up the Playmates stuff for the mutated monsters.

Keep saying mean things like that and I'll take my mutants away from Monte.;)

I need more minimate mutants (especially Tigerclaw) in order to expand my Battle Beast army.

And for the record if we get to a character like Irma she needs to be part of a deluxe Krang Sub-Prime set.

While the figures seem to go REALLY well with the 'mates, the purist in me is insisting it's just wrong.

Stupid purist.

I'm the same way, especially with vehicles. A lot of the stuff that will fit with and be compatible just doesn't have enough of a stylized look for me to put it with minimates. The Mezco batmobiles are so close, but a tad too big. Other stuff is too realistic looking. K.I.T.T. in my opinion, is a perfect blend of the source material, and minimates aesthetic.