UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TMNT Minimates - it's official!

The TRU that used to be here in Duluth turned massive profits -- I know because I worked there for 4-1/2 yrs. It was a complete surprise when they closed it (to everyone, customers & employees). In MN especially, the farther away you are from Mpls/StP the less important you are. It's like a bullseye painted on the Twin Cities with concentric circles radiating outward, for everything -- education, construction, you name it. (We had massive damage done to both commercial & residential property several yrs ago due to heavy flooding & only a few businesses were able to get aid -- the majority of the commercial & ZERO residential victims saw nothing. It was like pulling teeth to even get anyone to come tour the destruction in the first place. It was awful -- cars were swallowed up due to huge sections of the roads/streets caving in; bridges collapsed; there was a lot of damage. Even months later.)

When they closed my TRU, they said it was because there were too many in the MN area -- too much overlap eating at their profit margin. But they kept all 8 stores in the Twin Cities area. Some stores were only TWO BLOCKS away from one another!! My closest TRU (up until last fall) was the St Cloud store -- 1-1/2 hrs away. (And originally St Cloud had 2 TRUs.) Now I have to drive even farther (an additional hour+) & they rarely carry minimates. Luke & a few others have mentioned that very few MN TRUs even carry them anymore.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As usual, I'm up late reading old X-Entertainment articles about Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parades from the mid-80s, and was reminded of a time when TRU wasn't what it has become for all of us old fogeys. There was a time when it was a magical place. . .

I'm glad I picked up a Mutagen Donnie in store in case my online order was screwed up. *pats self on back*

Also, I'm really digging Mega Bloks and how they look great with Minimates. They're pretty close in scale and aesthetic (compared to Lego).

attachicon.gifIMG_4872.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_4869.JPG

I used to buy my nephew tons of CoD megabloks stuff 'til he moved on. Then he gave me most of the stuff back. I use them for display sometimes. :D

Really prefer them to Lego.

I just checked TRU.com and they had 1 Mutagen Donnie in stock. So I'm going to try this again since some people said they did actually get a Mutagen Donnie when they ordered online and my local TRU still hasn't restocked after the first wave of Series 2 sold through.

Edited by MisterMiracle

i was always and still am a toys r us kid. But once I started working there I had to grow up. managers nepotism, corruption, theft, lesbian managers doing finger stuff in the restrooms. I, I learned some life lessons there...

This has to be one of this sites greatest post ever!!

559_zpseguznlpd.jpg

Edited by winkerbean

I'm reminded of a quote, Something about doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. smile.png

Ha, I'm really hoping that after several people brought this issue to TRU's attention that it's been fixed and I'll be opening up a box with a Mutagen Donnie instead of another Mikey.

On a positive note, it's much easier to buy stuff at my local TRU. I'm in there so much that everyone that works there knows who I am and will always ask me what I'm looking for and even go so far as to check what's in the back if it's not out on the floor. I guess hooking people up with Minimates, Star Wars, Marvel Legends, and wrestling figures at cost + shipping for a few years running now has it's perks.

I absolutely care that this is happening, as much for my own rigid sense of organization as for the issues faced by customers. (I manage our web store, and can get a little picky about stuff.) But Toysrus.com handles a LOT of products, and I know data-entry mistakes can happen. I do not know how many other small assortment-based items are processed this way -- there were five different items in the assortment, in similar packaging, with similar products inside, and clearly something got missed. I am sorry that this has happened, and caused anyone any inconvenience or additional cost. I have already notified the DST team member who works with toysrus.com, and hopefully the info was passed along to the right person.

I am not concerned about people showing me respect -- I have never asked for it, and I try to be respectful to everyone as a general rule. But politeness goes a long way, and rude comments, interrogations and condescension may very well get like responses from me -- I post here all hours, so I may only be 100% professional 40% of the time.

Unfortunately, international customers will always be at a disadvantage, depending on the line, but it is my hope that US customers will never have trouble getting anything, aside from rare variants or promos that may require extra legwork.

Unfortunately, international customers will always be at a disadvantage, depending on the line, but it is my hope that US customers will never have trouble getting anything, aside from rare variants or promos that may require extra legwork.

When I see people complaining here that they don´t find stuff from their TRU around the corner I feel like Ygritte from GoT:

e581ab29749b576d3a2fa099e54f0138.jpg

I´m from Brazil. The TRU web store don´t ship outside North America. It´s a blessing for us when Luke gets TRU Exclusives!!! Besides that, it´s only Ebay searchings exhaustively.

For example the Kraang robot from Kmart series. We only found on Ebay for US$ 90 a couple months ago! Luckly, Luke received a few ones in the beginning of July. We happily paid $15.99 for each one. It´s a figure that we here never tough we could get anymore. But we keep going on never complaining, we "work with what we can" here.

Edited by Gregio