UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TMNT Minimates - it's official!

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else get a TMNT Series 2 TRU.com shipment today that wasn't what was ordered?

I have a feeling there are about to be a bunch of pissed off people.

I happen to be one of those people. I had a few TMNT sets mailed to YB's and he informs me that the UPC code for the Mutagen Donny pack is actually that on the Michelangelo set. So I got a Mikey set shipped instead. Oh TRU.com how I love the way you have your sh!t together. nono.gif

I don't know if I'm alone here but why oh why couldn't they do sculpted heads for the turtles? I just saw pics of Bebop and Rocksteady and they look great! I can't stand the figs with the normal minimate heads. They don't look like ninja turtles at all. Their heads are like their most defining feature and they need to be flat and round. Am I alone on this? I mean if they just changed that one thing I would be buying these all over the place because they look great otherwise.

I don't completely disagree, but think they're great the way they are. Is there a picture of the sculpted head before they had to change it?

I don't know if I'm alone here but why oh why couldn't they do sculpted heads for the turtles? I just saw pics of Bebop and Rocksteady and they look great! I can't stand the figs with the normal minimate heads. They don't look like ninja turtles at all. Their heads are like their most defining feature and they need to be flat and round. Am I alone on this? I mean if they just changed that one thing I would be buying these all over the place because they look great otherwise.

I felt the same at first. After purchasing them, and having them for a short while, really grew on me. I like the quirky unnappologetic 2d on simple shape look of the OG minimate frame. Too much sculpt and it becomes just like any other action figure. At least in my opinion.

Series 2 including Mutagen Don are in stock at TRU.com.

Series 2 including Mutagen Don are in stock at TRU.com.

Mikey/Casey aren’t up yet

I attempted to order three different sets including the Mutagen Don set (Zeck sold out). The order went all the way through, then AFTER confirmation, there was a message that Mutagen Don set wasn't available but the other two would ship. Had to go back and cancel the entire order since it's not with the extra shipping for just the other two sets. Proceed with caution.

And of course Mutagen Donnie and Zeck are already gone. I'm going to be pissed if I see Minimates Menagerie has 100 in stock of each one.

My Mutagen Donnie order is backordered too, will do a generous trade for one or two MIB packs if anyone can help.

I hope now that all of the Mutagen turtles have been released, DST will drop this one-per-case variant nonsense.

My TRU.com order is backordered (most likely never to be filled) and my local TRU was only missing the variant pack when I arrived first thing this morning after the truck arrived.

Looks like all but the Mikey/Casey set are back up on the TRU website.

Interestingly it appears all but the Mikey two pack are STILL available on TRU's site I kinda expected the Mutagen Donnie set to be sold out again by now

Mutagen Donnie is gone.

Did the final set ever appear on TRU.com ?

Anyone else get a TMNT Series 2 TRU.com shipment today that wasn't what was ordered?

I happen to be one of those people. I had a few TMNT sets mailed to YB's and he informs me that the UPC code for the Mutagen Donny pack is actually that on the Michelangelo set. So I got a Mikey set shipped instead. Oh TRU.com how I love the way you have your sh!t together. nono.gif

post-638-0-91678700-1436515256_thumb.jpg

I agree that we're getting loads of turtles and less other characters. It does make me worry about how the possible fourth wave will be. I love the creative methods of the turtles, but I keep holding out hope for movie/80s news. What is the new shredder? Battle damaged?

Personally I'm hoping the 2003 series (I realise I'm in the minority when it comes to me viewing this as being better than the original series ;) ) and the IDW comic could also be brought into the mix. I'd love to have a version of the Turtles from each era, i.e. Mirage, 87, 90's movies, 03, 2012 and IDW.

Regardless, while I've not kept up to date with the series I do like how Bebop, Rocksteady and Slash look and will no doubt get them.

I hope that isn't the case. I'm going to be a little pissed if I get a Mikey instead of a Mutagen Donnie.

I don't know if I'm alone here but why oh why couldn't they do sculpted heads for the turtles?

That was Nickelodeon's call, not DST's. Not sure why but it may be to cut down on any confusion between Playmates Toys' product and DST's. That said, I was happy to see Bebop and Rocksteady get sculpted noggins.

Mutagen Donnie is gone.

I meant my Mutagen Donatello that I bought in store and didn't want and offered up for trade has been claimed by a board member, and is no longer available to trade with anyone else.

And I like the heads the way they are. Makes them feel more "Minimate-y" to me. *shrugs*

UPC for Mutagen Donatello pack is 699788180310

Here's the strange part - I ordered a set of each of the four available from TRU.com right after it was posted that they were available on Saturday morning and I actually received the Mutagen Donnie pack.

EDIT: Thanks to fwoosheyman for posting that they were up!

Edited by pk13