UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TMNT Minimates - it's official!

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I was happy to see there was no Orange on Mikey's shell. Both of the blind packed Mikey guys I have, one from Kmart wave 1 and one from LCS wave 2 have big orange smudges on the back of their shells.

Otherwise, I thought the paint on the ones I was comparing were good. Zeck's pink paint even turned out well on the ones I saw, which is impressive on the visor and all the fine details on his suit.

Glad to hear it. I saw wave 1 in TRU when on vacation last year, but passed on them due to messy paint apps.

I hope now that all of the Mutagen turtles have been released, DST will drop this one-per-case variant nonsense.

My TRU.com order is backordered (most likely never to be filled) and my local TRU was only missing the variant pack when I arrived first thing this morning after the truck arrived.

At least you guys have TRUs (somewhat) near you. Here in MN they are few & far between -- every one keeps closing (& the ones that are still around don't carry minimates).

Hey, Zach -- is there anything being done about TRU being more "even" with carrying 'mates? I mean, since some stores carry them while others don't. Or some get all lines/waves, while others skip over (or seem to pick & choose which ones they carry).

I do not know that we nor individual store managers have a say as to what Minimates they carry. I assume there is an algorithm.

I don't recall the TRU breakdown for Series 3, but the specialty assortment of 3 has two one-per-case figures. Pretty cool ones! One might even fit in with your Mutagen collection... We'll reveal them this weekend!

One per case hurts when it seems most of the stores around me only ever get one case. 2 TRU + at least 2 Minimate collectors (including me) = I hope no one else decides to buy *insert really cool 1 per case figure here* before I can grab one

I only ever saw one Muta Leo and grabbed him as soon as I saw him

I do not know that we nor individual store managers have a say as to what Minimates they carry. I assume there is an algorithm.

I don't recall the TRU breakdown for Series 3, but the specialty assortment of 3 has two one-per-case figures. Pretty cool ones! One might even fit in with your Mutagen collection... We'll reveal them this weekend!

hmm, Mutagen Splinter?

I specifically meant the TRU one-per-case 2-pack. Can you say, is LCS remaining with blind bags or is it switching to 2-packs?

hmm, Mutagen Splinter?

My guess, or maybe a Mutagen version of a new mutant in Wave 3.

There is no logical reason for it, but I would love a translucent red or purple Shredder.

Did anyone point out the new elbow joints on the Turtles or am I the first to notice them?

What is the difference in joints?

The sculpted on elbow pads? If that's what you're talking about those were on Series 1 too.

Did anyone point out the new elbow joints on the Turtles or am I the first to notice them?

The sculpted on elbow pads? If that's what you're talking about those were on Series 1 too.

No I mean where the pin goes through the hole connecting the upper and lower arms. They changed it on the Turtles between series 1 and 2. Series 2 has a pin that goes through both pieces with a hole in both like the leg whereas series 1 is done the same as other minimates: a pin attached to the lower arm going into a hole in the upper arm.

If I had a better camera I'd show you but I don't.

No I mean where the pin goes through the hole connecting the upper and lower arms. They changed it on the Turtles between series 1 and 2. Series 2 has a pin that goes through both pieces with a hole in both like the leg whereas series 1 is done the same as other minimates: a pin attached to the lower arm going into a hole in the upper arm.

If I had a better camera I'd show you but I don't.

Does this change the movement ability for the arms? Not that this is a crazy issue, but I did think series 1 was a bit wonky when moving arms at the elbow. They sort of get caught on the plastic.

I just looked at my Series 1 and Series 2 Raphs and you're right, the elbow joint did change. Series 1 has the regular Minimate joint and Series 2 has the peg showing on both sides of the arm. That's weird because they had to create a whole new tool for the arms for both series. That seems like bad budget decision, unless there was a QC problem with the joint, which I haven't heard about.