UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TMNT Minimates - it's official!

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

kmart was one of the easiest places i've picked up minimates at, thats kinda a letdown, hope ill be able to find another place to get other turtle series down the road since the TRU here for whatever reason stopped getting any mates

kmart was one of the easiest places i've picked up minimates at, thats kinda a letdown, hope ill be able to find another place to get other turtle series down the road since the TRU here for whatever reason stopped getting any mates

I am with Ace on this one. Other minimates are over an hour away from me.

I found an empty strip at K-Mart, then a few weeks later, 4 packs - 3 of which were Turtles (the 4th was a Foot Soldier, which I bought). The only reason I have a Kraang is because of an amazingly kind board member.

I'm sorry it makes things more difficult for others not having them carry any more, but good riddance to at least K-Mart exclusives. :(

Are the figures in the same order in every case? If so, what spot is Karai in?

My case:

Bradford

Raph x2

Splinter x2

Mikey x2

Donnie x2

Karai x2

Leo x2

Casey x2

Norman x3

I can confirm this case layout as mine was identical.

I may have missed it in the control art but the unmasked Leo head under the pizza mask was a pleasant surprise.

I've only opened up one of each and just checked for physical defects, but from what I've seen so far this is another solid series. The plethora of accessories with the Turtles makes buying them again (twice as I bought a case) a little easier. Still wish there was more of a difference in the Turtles themselves from the first series but I get why they were done this way. For someone who may have missed the first series these are a great way to get the Turtles in their current looks.

Now... do I need more Normans or am I good with 3?

I actually didn't feel compelled to get the series 1 Turtles, but will get these at some point for the white eyes. I'll have to get a series 1 Mikey for those awesome nunchuks, though.

I'm assuming it was a tradeoff to get so many other accessories with each figure. Something had to give, and those series 1 'chuks couldn't have been the cheapest thing to produce.

I finally found a fresh case of Series 2. I was able to grab a Bradford, two Karais, and three Normans. I'm going to wait for the Toys R Us 2-packs for the rest. I can't justify spending $5.99 on a single figure when TRU has the 2-packs for $7.49.

So far, I like what I see. The only negative is that my Bradford has some paint issues and of course he would be the hardest one to replace.

I thought everyone preferred the new nunchuks over the older ones when we first saw pics???

Edited by MisterMiracle

I like the fact that you can pose-manipulate the Series 2 'chuks (exactly like Zach's pic), but then I also have the ones from Series 1 as well.

You can also pose the chain 'chuks with a little piece of twist-tie threaded through the links.

I get the pros and cons of both 'chuks and I know everyone has their own preference. Like I said, if the Series 1 figure had the molded plastic chain I wouldn't have blinked. I didn't know that metal chain was a possibility for Minimates until I opened Mikey and that raised the bar for me. So when Series 2 Mikey had the sculpted plastic chain it stung a little. But only just a little.