UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TMNT Minimates - it's official!

Are the figures in the same order in every case? If so, what spot is Karai in?

I found Karai in spot 11 and suspect the other in spot ten. I believe the toysark photo #2 from 4-14 post shows the exact order. I have opened all the odd number packs starting with Bradford #1 and have the whole set with no duplicates (if you want)

This set is awesome! Received my order from Luke's today, and also found a brand new 18 box in the wild and picked up packs 1,3,5,7,9. Fantastic accessories provide for a "must have" at least duplicates and then some for series 2!Clapping%20Hands.gif

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are the figures in the same order in every case? If so, what spot is Karai in?

My case:

Bradford

Raph x2

Splinter x2

Mikey x2

Donnie x2

Karai x2

Leo x2

Casey x2

Norman x3

TRU turtles and Splinter are the same as specialty. Not sure when they'll hit stores. Series 3 will not be seen at C2E2. Series 2 will not be at any other mass retail chains, unless Hastings is stocking this wave. I do not know if they are.

I got my case of the series 2 singles, and while I haven't open them all up yet, I will say that this series so far has had some of the bigger paint quality control issues I have seen since I've been collecting 'mates. Back in 2002. Karai has three separate paint smudges, on her front, back and arm. And when I say smudges I don't mean they're not flawless, I mean it looks like someone took a Q-tip and dragged it across while the paint was still wet or something to that effect. I don't regret purchasing them, but that is something to look at in the future.

I opened up the rest and gave them a look, and so far they don't seem to be as rough as the first two, I do wish there had been one more Casey Jones, he has three different looks you could choose to display, I guess I'll pick up another one somewhere down the road.

I have my case of the Series 2 blind bags on the way from BBTS, along with a bunch of other Minimates that have hit in the last couple of weeks.

With 2 of Splinter per case I think I can try to paint him up properly and still keep one "minty fresh" as the kids say. And by "properly" I mean in the classic original cartoon/toy colors, brown fur, maroon robe. None of this kabuki mask looking face fur that the current Nick version has.

I doubt we'll make another Splinter, unfortunately.

I got my case of the series 2 singles, and while I haven't open them all up yet, I will say that this series so far has had some of the bigger paint quality control issues I have seen since I've been collecting 'mates. Back in 2002. Karai has three separate paint smudges, on her front, back and arm. And when I say smudges I don't mean they're not flawless, I mean it looks like someone took a Q-tip and dragged it across while the paint was still wet or something to that effect. I don't regret purchasing them, but that is something to look at in the future.

If it's an egregious paint defect that is unique to your figure (meaning it is not standard across all figures, which means no corrected replacement would be available), then you can always send a pic to customer service.

Whaaaaat? We're stuck with a pink Splinter?

How about this...can you guys sneak in a brown Splinter head as an accessory in the future so we can replace the pink head and get a proper Splinter?

that'd be a great add in for a Hamato Yoshi/Oroku Saki 2 pack (along with baby Karai) smile.png

I've given up on brick & mortar stores for finding any of the stuff I really want. I'll gladly pay a little extra for the convenience of ordering something online and having it delivered to my door. Which is why I'm really glad that K-Mart didn't get another wave of blind bags.

But I have wave 2 blind bags on their way from BBTS (along with Aliens, AoU blind bags and 2-packs, Buck Rogers box set...) and I'm really excited to get all of them.

Question - anybody thought of a good "non-mask" face for Casey Jones? I like the mask look but I'd really like to have a good unmasked face for him too. Any idea on what would be a good one that matches the cartoon?