UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TMNT Minimates - it's official!

I'm keen to see more pictures of these .

I thought the first wave of these were some of the best Minimates I'd ever seen ....er...ever ! Like I always say....... I read the thread & I judge things by what I read... & there was some talk that the quality of the TRU stuff [1st. wave] was somehow different to the blind-bag stuff

I just don't want to believe that that f*ck*d 'Splinter' is typical .....it just can't be .....like in ...... 'can't be' ? Can it? confused.gif

Oh ye of little faith .............I knew ...I just knew things would be OK whistling.gif

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got my case from Amok Time today and I don't think the paint is worse than the 1st wave. I'd say its the same level (most figs are fine, some have a little bit of slop).

If you are looking for Bradford he is the 1st one in the box, Normans are the last three (I don't remember the rest).

Only thing I was let down by was Spike has no face.down.gif Ice Cream Kitty has a face, why none for Spike?

Overall, these are great and all the accessories/extra heads makes it worth getting extras since there are so many ways to display them.

I went to a shop after work that never has minimates and they had a case of 2 and remnants of a wave 1 case.

I almost bought the set but I resisted so I can buy a case from Luke later. I did end up with a Bradford, 3 Normans, and 3 foot soldiers from wave 1 to up my army!

Just got my case from Luke because I was out of the office on Friday so that is why I did not get them until today.

I am happy with all the mates except Splinter. He is pink. I also must say I like the fact they are in plastic bags inside the foil pack. This saves me having to re-bag the ones I will be setting aside to keep unplayed with.

But I am happy with all the mates in this series for the most part, all the paint seems to be acceptable for me.

So just to sum up what we know so far:

Bradford & Karai are only available at specialty shops.

Mutagen Donnie & Anton Zeck are only available at Toys R Us.

This means that the Toys R Us pairings would have to be along the lines of:

* Donnie & Norman (confirmed)

* Mutagen Donnie & Norman (confirmed)

* Leo & Splinter

* Raph & Casey

* Mikey & Anton Zeck

I still have a few questions though:

1. Is there a chance that the Toys R Us Splinter will be brown instead of pink?

2. Do the TRU turtles come with all of the accessories as the blind bag turtles?

3. Will we see images for Series 3 at C2E2 this week?

Edited by MisterMiracle

I got mine in from Luke yesterday. I picked up one of each turtle, Splinter and Bradford. The paint on my Splinter is just fine, with the obvious exception that his fur is pink but that doesn't really bother me. Someone asked how the colors between the series 1 and series 2 turtles matched up. It appears to me that the green skin between the two series is pretty much spot on. The shells on their chests are close, but a perhaps just a touch off. I noticed that my series 2 Raphael's yellow chest is a bit more vibrant than the series 1 Raphael. I can take some pictures if people want them. For reference, I purchased my series 1 turtles from Kmart.