UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TMNT Minimates - it's official!

I was absolutely not trying to change the conversation from everybody reading too much into a single set that got out in the wild. Just trying to show off pics I took today, reassure people about Splinter's robe, and state my incredulity that of all the pictures ToyArk took, the ones that were reposted are the 4X zoom ones, and not the ones showing off the 5 billion accessories, which I had fun shooting.

But please continue! I'll be training my flying monkeys to steal Kre-Os, or whatever that photo of the Wizard of Oz was supposed to mean. ;)

I'm not gonna lie, Zach's attempt to change the conversation made me chuckle. Sneaky marketing.

Keep spreading that Fwoosh brand, FwoosheymanTM! biggrin.png

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've gotta say, these new accessories are amazing. I was going to pass on all 4 Turtles but I've gotta have all these cool new accessories!

So do the figures come in another bag which is in the blind bag? I think that'll make molesting these bags and trying to figure out who's who even more difficult.

I'm keen to see more pictures of these .

I thought the first wave of these were some of the best Minimates I'd ever seen ....er...ever ! Like I always say....... I read the thread & I judge things by what I read... & there was some talk that the quality of the TRU stuff [1st. wave] was somehow different to the blind-bag stuff

I just don't want to believe that that f*ck*d 'Splinter' is typical .....it just can't be .....like in ...... 'can't be' ? Can it? confused.gif

Edited by buttheadsmate

... there was some talk that the quality of the TRU stuff [1st. wave] was somehow different to the blind-bag stuff

Most were saying the TRU 'mates were worse than the blind bagged ones. My experience was the opposite. A co-worker got the Kmart 'mates and the paint apps were cleaner on the one I got from TRU so... it's a crapshoot.

My case of Turtles wave 2 was pretty much fine paintwise. The only bad paint apps were a poorly applied face tampo on one of my Casey Jones' (the other was perfect) and the fact that both of my Splinters have frozen elbow joints due to too much paint. I'll have to carefully boil those (to soften the paint) and use an x-acto blade to free up the clumping. But unlike the Toyark pic, both of my Splinters have the proper amount of flower tampos (3) on his kimono.