UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TMNT Minimates - it's official!

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do the specialty assortments come in boxes of 18 like Series 1 did?

Series 3 is already in the works? Niiiiiice!

Is it too early to start guessing who's in that line-up? How about:

Baxter Stockman

Mousers

Metal Head

Xever

Tiger Claw

Rat King

Irma

Kirby

Mikey as TurFlytle

Edited by MisterMiracle

Do the specialty assortments come in boxes of 18 like Series 1 did?

Series 3 is already in the works? Niiiiiice!

Is it too early to start guessing who's in that line-up? How about:

Baxter Stockman

Mousers

Metal Head

Xever

Tiger Claw

Rat King

Irma

Kirby

Mikey as TurFlytle

I think you're too optimistic. My money is on the four turtles again in some variant form, and four supporting characters. The TV show is going to create new characters faster than Minimates will be released.

So with K-Mart out of the picture for Series 2 we should just have 2 exclusives, correct? Mutagen Donnie at TRU and Chris Bradford at specialty?

No. Mutagen Donnie and Anton Zeck at TRU, and Bradford and Karai at specialty. But Bradford and MutaDonnie are the only rares.

Series 3 will have new outfits for the Turtles, plus a bunch more mutants.

Putting it out there right now, I'm going to need a Mutagen Donnie and Anton Zeck (pre-Bebop) if anyone is hunting down the figures that come with them. TRU around me is a real crapshoot with Minimates. Never saw the first TMNT series in stores and missed Mutagen Leo when he was online. If anyone can help me out I'd appreciate it and make it worth your while.

So with K-Mart out of the picture for Series 2 we should just have 2 exclusives, correct? Mutagen Donnie at TRU and Chris Bradford at specialty?

No. Mutagen Donnie and Anton Zeck at TRU, and Bradford and Karai at specialty. But Bradford and MutaDonnie are the only rares.

Series 3 will have new outfits for the Turtles, plus a bunch more mutants.

More mutants!?!? YEEESSSSSS!!!!! Very exciting news. The mutants are the main reason I collect this line.

Bebop

Sorry, I get them confused all the time. One was a soldier, one was a punk, neither of their names ever made any sense to me.

They just did an episode recently where the two guys were mutated into Bebop and Rocksteady and they argued over how stupid those names were.

Steranko's all right with Rocksteady. Zeck hates Bebop.

The show tried really hard to make the names sound good. I mean, after "Pork Rind and Chili Cheese Fry," "Sprinkles and Hot Sauce," and "The Royal Weenies," they kind of do.

But having Mikey pull them off the side of a truck was a bit silly.

NWG0Q4n.jpg

They didn't even get a title card like Hun, who, with his chest and arm tattoos, would be more than just another guy in dark clothing. I like the design. They could have called him pretty much anything other than Hun, though.

UfxI3rF.jpg

Are the blind bags going to have similar artwork to wave 1? I don't feel like we've seen any packaging and I am just curious! This, maybe along with Marvel, is by far my favorite line. I've always wanted these dudes to be made by Diamond.

Packaging is similar. I have not taken pics.

where can series 2 be picked up at? are they only blind bagged?

There will be blind bags at comic shops and two-packs at TRU, but there will be exclusive characters in both assortments.