UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TMNT Minimates - it's official!

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I apologize if this has been asked already, but if the Mirage style box set does well, is there a chance of seeing versions of the Foot and Shredder in that style as well?

Mirage Shredder and the Foot boxset and a Mirage Utroms and the Fugitoid boxset. That'd be great.

Mirage TMNT Army builder boxset!

- Foot Soldier (multiple weapons/alternate Elite gear)

- Utrom (removeable/alternate Utrom brains)

- Triceraton (alternate parts for Zog)

- Mousers x5

Mirage TMNT Heroes & Villains

- Splinter

- Shredder

- April

- Karai

Mirage TMNT Weirdos and Whatnots

- Fugitoid

- Leatherhead

- Rat King

- Casey Jones

The Nickelodeon show is canon? Does that mean the old Mirage comics and previous cartoon aren't?

Use 'Ninja Turtles Forever' logic. Current cartoon is always the 616 of turtles, 80's is the golden age versions they will met in time/space hoping adventure, Mirage is universe Prime, all other cannons are shown in portals as 'other worlds' most of their contributions (Venus, Cyborg-Don) lost to time, others (Razhar) might be worked into the new cannon with no regard for original

>Quick spoiler tag lesson bro

As for the thing,

the 'death of Donatello' smacks me of wanting their cake and eating it too... There's no way he's staying dead, if three years from now he's still dead having not come back once, I'll formally apologize for characterizing the book this way but:

It seems like a move to be all 'this ain't no 80's turtles! Bebop and Rockstesdy are murderous thugs now! Not goofs who screw up everything! They KILL turtles!" Which would be great if death was as final in comics as it was in real life, as soon as Donnie's alive again in any form his death is meaningless. It wants to have the emotional weight of 'no one is safe' but gets to backtrack with 'but we can magic him back so the status is still quo!" Even if he shows up as a ghost/vision/computer program it's cheating since that doesn't happen in real life, if someone suddenly and tragically dies you're left with memories, they don't leave a jump drive you can upload to Metalhead and basically have your buddy back so you can say good bye after one last adventure, you don't get to dimension hope and bring the Archie verse version of your friend into your current life to have some version of him around... He's just dead

I know this is a problem with comics in general not just this version of the turtles, but this is why I say "who cares" to Donatello dying in an authorized fanfic.

That is hilariously how I look at the tmnt canon too. Everything is separate except the toys.

thats awesome! i have Snakeweed and Spyderbytez myself but don't display them because they are so out of scale with the Nick Turtles. I was actually debating on getting rid of them until now. I wonder how Leatherhead will look with the mates?

Couple of questions:

1. Where are these blind bags being released? Just comic shops now? Not at K-Mart?

2. What's the breakdown for the new blind bags?

1. Like I said, this is the specialty assortment, which is released through comic shops and specialty stores. As far as I know, there will be no assortment at Kmart for this series, not the specialty assortment nor their own assortment.

2. One of Bradford, 2 or 3 of everyone else.

Any time I give a release date, I'm talking about specialty. So blind bags.

I do not get TRU shelf dates or toysrus.com on-sale dates in advance.

Unless there's a street date for a video game or merchandise tied to a new movie, neither does Toys R Us

Exactly, they do not have unified dates for all stores except in the case of new Star Wars movie launches, midnight-madness type things. We do not get those, so the items go on sale as they arrive.