UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TMNT Minimates - it's official!

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Zach, I forgot to ask you during the Toy Fair. How the TMNT license works with the comics Turtles? You´ll launch the 'Mirage' Boxset but the IDW versions make part of the deal? The Turtles themselves doesn´t change so much in terms of visual but there´s a lot of interesting designs in the IDW comics that would be very cool in minimates form! Like Alopex, General Kraang, Foot Clan Leo and a lot of cool mutants!

I'm a HUGE turtles fan but I'd be ok with no IDW or Movies stuff. However, I think at least one wave of 80's figures would be cool:

* Leo & Donnie

* Mikey & Raph

* Shredder & Splinter

* April & Foot Soldier

Or just a 4-pack of 4 turtles with the bright colors.

We don't have a license with Mirage, we have a license with Nick, who owns the old Mirage comic designs, the original cartoon and the new cartoon (all of which appeared in one episode of the new cartoon). I am not sure what limitations we have within that, if any.

We don't have a license with Mirage, we have a license with Nick, who owns the old Mirage comic designs, the original cartoon and the new cartoon (all of which appeared in one episode of the new cartoon). I am not sure what limitations we have within that, if any.

Original cartoon? That needs to happen!

Yeah, original cartoon is where it's at! I hope DST gets around to some explicit designs from that show. If you want to really hit the nostalgia button for collectors, that's the place to go IMO. Though having said that, I'm not sure how different the actual turtles will look from figures already out there considering limitations in the Minimate sculpt options (though ideally their shells and heads would have new sculpts to account for the more rounded designs of the original cartoon), but Shredder, April, Krang, Casey Jones, Rat King, Baxter Stockman, Bebop and Rocksteady, Footsoldiers, Splinter, and other, lesser characters had pretty distinctive designs there.

Edited by karamazov80