UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TMNT Minimates - it's official!

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would certainly crush my faith in DST and probably cause me to stop buying Minimates altogether! I'm not sure the brand could ever recover from having been offered at one time in a store that went out of business! DST would no doubt be caught in the store's death spiral, along with all of the other companies who have ever sold products there!

If only someone had warned them!

That would certainly crush my faith in DST and probably cause me to stop buying Minimates altogether! I'm not sure the brand could ever recover from having been offered at one time in a store that went out of business! DST would no doubt be caught in the store's death spiral, along with all of the other companies who have ever sold products there!

If only someone had warned them!

Pe4wQiH.gif

I keep saying Minimates will save Kmart.

tumblr_mzwl5ht7851tpplooo1_250.gif

So is it too late to add pinstripes to the sutis on the Series 2 Kraang? I just watched a bunch of episodes with my nephew yesterday and they always wear pinstriped suits.

There are pinstripes, they are just very, very, very, VERY small. They could even be mistaken for microscopic striations in your cornea. In fact, they probably are.

I'm not sure the brand could ever recover from having been offered at one time in a store that went out of business!

fig0336flg.jpg

Hail Ivan.

Sears has in-store search computers, but it presents another problem. You'll find "Diamond Select Toys Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2" Minimates Mystery Pack" which is a ToyNK.com listing. Not only is it the specialty assortment, it's $6.99... plus $8.25 shipping. On just one bag.

I told the sales associate it was the right item, but not the Sears/Kmart exclusive assortment. She also couldn't request based on the Sears/Kmart bag UPC.

Sears does have this tiny little toy section that's about the size of two endcaps back-to-back. Getting TMNT 'Mates onto those would be incredibly helpful.

The Mirage box set looks okay. I'm not a fan of those designs though. I just didn't grow up with the Mirage comics. My first TMNT exposure was the cartoon and movie so those are "my" Turtles. But I'll still get this set because its interesting enough and will fit in the collection well. Plus I might get a second box set to have for fodder to make 90's toon style Turtles since the new elbow/kneepads and the Nightcrawler feet work better for those designs than the Nick Turtles.

I do think the Mirage set would look better in B&W and I'm hoping they get produced even as a retailer or convention exclusive.

I'm guessing that the tail is attached to the entire shell piece, so I'd think a black and white set is more likely seeing as it couldn't be reused for the 90's Turtles.

(unless the tail's glued on, in that case, up in the air again)

I like the base figure, but I'd swap heads between Mikey and Raph, and Leo and Don. That would mimic the NECA Turtles.

Edited by toy showdown

I'm not normally a fan of the original turtles, I also grew up with the Cartoon and toys being my first exposure to TMNT, but I do really like that Mirage box set (even more so that it's in color and not black and white, I know, I'm an unwashed heathen :) )

Interesting. Yeah, I'm confused as to why someone would jump from Lego to Mega Blocks but looks like that has now happened with both TMNT and Sponge Bob.

Because Mega Bloks are now part of Mattel. As much as I despise Mattel, the merger is making many things possible for MB (who are seriously underrated). Their micro action figures (MAFs) are amazing!

I am super excited by these Mirage comics Turtles. One of the things I have really wanted from the minimates once they were announced were different versions of the turtles across comics, cartoons, movies, etc... I think they look incredible. And I actually prefer them in color. While the interior pages were in black and white to save costs initially, most of the covers were in full color. And they always depicted the turtles as all being in the same green with the same red masks on, just with different weapons and expressions. Now, if they decide to make a variant boxed set in Black and White, that would be incredible. However, if I am only going to have one version of the original comics turtles, I would prefer they are in color.

I grew up on the original 80's cartoon and movies, so those are always nearest and dearest to my nostalgic heart, however the original comics were the first things I found with the turtles once I started to get a little older and was looking for a little bit more of a mature ninja turtles.

Now, with these made, hopefully this opens up the possibilities to get more versions of the turtles made. Now, I would love to see an original cartoon series and 80's/90's movie turtles. For the movie turtles, they could probably just do another boxed set like this, and I would be super happy (Super shredder would be nice to have, but he would be an easy enough custom to make). However, for the original 80's cartoon, I would prefer more than a boxed set of just the turtles. An entire wave with Shredder, Bebop, Rocksteady, Krang (either robot body or little walker body), Splinter, April and a Foot Soldier would be incredible.

Hopefully this is just the beginning of turtles minimates beyond the Nick cartoon.

Here's another gallery of the DST booth at Toyfair

http://needlessessentialsonline.com/dst-toy-fair-2015-new-minimates-select-and-more/#!prettyPhoto

You can see the accessories that the four Turtles come with a bit better here. I love that Donnie comes with Mutagen and the gameboy mutagen tracker!

Edited by Shogi