UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TMNT Minimates - it's official!

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I'm not entirely enamored of the cartoon's aesthetic. The comic book character designs are more appealing to me. I'd even jump on the live-action stuff.

In the new season (like right now, actually), the turtles go thru some changes (won't spoil for anyone who is not caught up-to-date) & their appearance changes. Raph sort of looks like that now. He's got fire-claw things like that. The turtles in their new gear look less cartoon-y & more like that comic design. You should check it out. I wouldn't be surprised if DST makes 'mates of those. :)

Yeah, I'm not entirely enamored of the cartoon's aesthetic. The comic book character designs are more appealing to me. I'd even jump on the live-action stuff.

In the new season (like right now, actually), the turtles go thru some changes (won't spoil for anyone who is not caught up-to-date) & their appearance changes. Raph sort of looks like that now. He's got fire-claw things like that. The turtles in their new gear look less cartoon-y & more like that comic design. You should check it out. I wouldn't be surprised if DST makes 'mates of those. smile.png

Do you have a season/episode number to look for? thx

Do you have a season/episode number to look for? thx

The episode is called "Vision Quest" (S3E8). It's the one that aired 2 weeks ago. You can find it on Nick's website.

I dig this ep because there's a nod to the 2007 tmnt movie (which I love!). And they look cool.

(won't spoil for anyone who is not caught up-to-date)

Thank you. I am so far behind. :(

Catch up. It gets so much better!

EDIT: I forgot that they also sneak in a Goonies ref. :)

Edited by homestar17

I would definitely like to see the IDW designed Turtles in 'mates figure form, either Mini- or Play-. I think they could be customized pretty easily with some new facial expressions. The body colors, belts and knee & elbow pads are pretty similar to the Nick designs we already have. Hmmm... now I'm going to have to look at doing this myself.

Catch up. It gets so much better!

Oh, I didn't stop because of quality. I thoroughly enjoyed the show. I stopped because Nick cracked down on Youtube (which is how I was watching it). I don't have a home computer, and my work computer blocks (or just doesn't plain load) most video sites. Like Nick's site. confused.gif

I would definitely like to see the IDW designed Turtles in 'mates figure form, either Mini- or Play-. I think they could be customized pretty easily with some new facial expressions. The body colors, belts and knee & elbow pads are pretty similar to the Nick designs we already have. Hmmm... now I'm going to have to look at doing this myself.

I don't know...Playmates recently did all 4 in the original comic style and they look kinda bad.

I don't know...Playmates recently did all 4 in the original comic style and they look kinda bad.

The original comic art doesn't translate to 3D form very well. Too scratchy and loose in my opinion. NECA did about the best job you'll see in toy form for the original comic Turtles. But the new IDW designs are a lot closer to the Nick and other recent designs and I think would look good in Minimate form. And I think Playmates would do them justice as well. Just look at the Classics Turtles. Those are right on par with the NECA Turtles as far as translating the original designs to modern figure form.

So, I stopped at my local TRU for the first time in a few weeks yesterday and happened upon 1 lonely pack of Raph/April sitting on the shelf. The mouth tampo on Raph is a bit to low and I was hoping to find some more to get a better one and/or more turtle packs. I did not see price point anywhere in the TMNT aisle, or the collector aisle, so I asked at customer service. When she checked the computer, the pack I had was the only one in stock and they were showing as a discontinued item ohmy.png. Now I'm not sure what that means. Discontinued at the store? Discontinued just this wave? Discontinued all together? Anyone able to shed some light on this? Then I was looking at the pack a little closer just now since I haven't opened it yet, and noticed that one of the sais is missing confused.gif

So, I stopped at my local TRU for the first time in a few weeks yesterday and happened upon 1 lonely pack of Raph/April sitting on the shelf. The mouth tampo on Raph is a bit to low and I was hoping to find some more to get a better one and/or more turtle packs. I did not see price point anywhere in the TMNT aisle, or the collector aisle, so I asked at customer service. When she checked the computer, the pack I had was the only one in stock and they were showing as a discontinued item ohmy.png. Now I'm not sure what that means. Discontinued at the store? Discontinued just this wave? Discontinued all together? Anyone able to shed some light on this? Then I was looking at the pack a little closer just now since I haven't opened it yet, and noticed that one of the sais is missing confused.gif

discontinued status in a Toys R Us is not store specific, but is specific to item number. Therefore, as long as the second wave has a different item number, all is good

furthermore, the warehouse could still be sitting on a ton of wave one. So even if it shows up as discontinued, more could filter into the store as the warehouse works through its stock

Edited by Mnemosis