UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TMNT Minimates - it's official!

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brad becomes Dogpound and Rahzar after that, the Normans are the human disguise for the Kraang.

Speaking of Kraang, where do they fit in to Series 2? I was under the impression that was where they were going to be mass-released.

I said we'd make more later, the rest of that somebody made up.

Bradford is a ninja, works for Shredder.

Norman is a Kraang in disguise.

Any hidden Kraang features on the chest block under Norman's coat?

Not that I am aware of, although he may come with a gun and a Kraang.

All the characters I wanted and it doesn't involve K-mart. WIN!!

Whaaaat!!!!! DX noooooooooooooooooooooooooo that is the only way other than driving an hour or Lukes that I can get Minimates!!!

Edited by Gmonkey2k

What is with the white eyes on the 3 turtles? Are they possessed, in a bezerker rage or hypnotized? Fill me in people, like I said before, I don't watch the show.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

All the characters I wanted and it doesn't involve K-mart. WIN!!

Whaaaat!!!!! DX noooooooooooooooooooooooooo that is the only way other than driving an hour or Lukes that I can get Minimates!!!

I think Zach said before that K-Mart will still be carrying them.

I'm happy to see Splinter with a sculpted head. After seeing what happened with the Turtles' noggins, I was curious how characters like this would be handled.

I prefer the white eyes on the Turtles but only because it makes them look more like their original comic book counterparts. As tempting as they are, I think I'll wait for DST to offer a comic set.

Well they are awesome. This is solidified this line as being my fave minimates ever. A bold claim I know but man these are wicked.

My only gripe on the second set from the pic is Donnies gap tooth is a little out. I'm sure that will be rectified tho.

I'll enjoy the new characters but are these series 2 Turtles different enough ?

That's the rub...release the 4 turtles with slight variations (more appealing to casual buyers/collector late to the party) or release variations that may not appeal to the casual buyer but might be more appealing to collectors/kids (Playmates built their company on this!).

Personally, I like the idea of slight variations for the first few waves, then, start working in themed variants of the 4 turtles (D&D, etc).

Balancing the need for recognizable turtles with the need for variants to push the line is going to be tricky. Maybe if the line shows the longevity it should have, DST can do a "Best Of" wave with the traditional versions to keep them available for retailers.