UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TMNT Minimates - it's official!

BAH!

Why isn’t anyone selling Mutagen Raph on eBay!?!

After getting Leo and seeing him next to Mikey I find them too cool not to have a set and I can’t justify $92 to buy a case.

EDIT:

Oh, so I’m not not just bitching in this post, have some quick customs:

turtlecustoms_zps47403181.jpg

I don’t like Modern April or Shredder, so I did my best to recreate their 80’s looks (man, yellow is a SUPER hard to find color for minimates)

I also needed to make Professor Perry from TMNT2:tSotO because for the last 23 years anytime I’m down to the last of something I hold it up and say “Well... you’re the last one, aren’t you?”, I need a minimate to remind me of that scene, man. (you can pretend he’s Baxter Stockman if you want, even if he’s not African-American or a Fly, but he’s Professor Perry)

Shredder Recipe please?

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shredder Recipe please?

Head: I believe it’s Norman Osborn (one of the not cackling ones) but I pulled it out of my parts bin so I’m not 100% on who it is. (FAKE EDIT: yep, It’s Norman, this one: http://minimatedatabase.com/acc.php?i=965&n=Norman+Osborne+Head HAIL IVAN!)

Helmet: has to be cut to reveal the eyes, just carefully carve a little out with an exacto until it’s too your liking

Chest: Ultimate Hulk (the one under the powerhouse of course)

Arms: Any flesh colored arms (those are Tinker Bell’s)

Skirt: Player 2 M.Bison (on backwards to hid the buckle and other detail)

Upper Legs: You’ll need to use a blow dryer to swap any black legs at the knee with Shredder’s, as his lower legs are a solid piece (the ones pictured are Big Time Spider-man’s, I’ve since switched to the newer Ultimate Wolverine’s)

Cape and Gloves: Modern Shredder obviously.

I also needed to make Professor Perry from TMNT2:tSotO because for the last 23 years anytime I’m down to the last of something I hold it up and say “Well... you’re the last one, aren’t you?”, I need a minimate to remind me of that scene, man. (you can pretend he’s Baxter Stockman if you want, even if he’s not African-American or a Fly, but he’s Professor Perry)

I didn't even think to use the Plutonium as Ooze, that's great!

I am a little upset with my local TRU.

I called on Friday and asked if they had these mates. I was told "No".

I called today and asked and was told they were fully stocked.

It took me fifteen minutes to get across town to find them fully stocked with the exception of the one package I was after.

They had all the packages except the Mutagen Leo. The peg was full and from what I noticed there were three of each package except only two regular Leo. Which means that the only one sold was the variant an that fifteen minute window.

The store said they could tell they would be getting more in but not sure when that would be.

I had an odd inverse of this happen. I went to TRU and the only Leo left was Mutagen Leo. Had to track down regular Leo at another store (Thankfully the other store had one left)

AFX had a sale last night on the LCS set, $76 shipped... YAY! Now I have my Mutagen Raph.

F**K! The purchase triggered a fraud alert on my card (does anyone else have a problem with AFX?) so my order was canceled... oh well, back to checking eBay everyday...

Have some more customs:

ninjaturtle2customs_zps14e1b549.jpg

It’s Tatsu (who I know should be all Black, or Black/Dark Deep Red-Brown depending on the source photo, but while painting I liked the white/black combo too much to paint over), Super Shredder, and of course Vanilla Ice.

Edited by dr baghead

I’m glad to see Vanilla Ice is so well received (even if ironically)

What's the April recepie?

ScarJo’s head (probably Avengers? I’m not sure), Jean Grey/MvC3 Phoenix hair, AoA Rogue torso, some yellow hip piece I couldn’t place if I had to, Moby’s leg’s swapped at the knee with some white legs, belt unknown, Rachel Grey’s arms with the sleeve cuffs pushed all the way up, flesh colored hands...

Although if you have the available parts Mnemosis’ Firestar based April really is superior to mine, it’s got a cuter hair cut and more accurate torso: http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.php?showtopic=9868