UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TMNT Minimates - it's official!

Zach, If you can share, are there any plans to pack extra parts to make the other mutants "transforming".

Chris Bradford -> Dogpound

Xever -> Fishface

Hamato Yoshi -> Splinter

Etc...

Might be a cool way to market the part swapping ability of Minimates and get civilian characters we might not otherwise see released.

Edited by youbastards

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zach, any decision yet as far as Kmart blind bags for series 2?

Please.

Zach, If you can share, are there any plans to pack extra parts to make the other mutants "transforming".

Xever -> Fishface

Hamato Yoshi -> Splinter

Etc...

Might be a cool way to market the part swapping ability of Minimates and get civilian characters we might not otherwise see released.

This. Brilliant.

Edited by The Vox

Long as someone like Splinter or Kasey isn't Kmart exclusive all is well. Don't care a whole lot about the mutants (Although they would be nice to have) but major Turtleverse characters like Splinter or Kasey I just gotta have.

Xever -> Fishface

Hamato Yoshi -> Splinter

Etc...

Splinter would be pretty easy. sculpted feet/boots, replacement rat hands, tail piece and either an extra sculpted rat head or slip on sculpted rat head

Edited by Shogi

BAH!

Why isn’t anyone selling Mutagen Raph on eBay!?!

After getting Leo and seeing him next to Mikey I find them too cool not to have a set and I can’t justify $92 to buy a case.

EDIT:

Oh, so I’m not not just bitching in this post, have some quick customs:

turtlecustoms_zps47403181.jpg

I don’t like Modern April or Shredder, so I did my best to recreate their 80’s looks (man, yellow is a SUPER hard to find color for minimates)

I also needed to make Professor Perry from TMNT2:tSotO because for the last 23 years anytime I’m down to the last of something I hold it up and say “Well... you’re the last one, aren’t you?”, I need a minimate to remind me of that scene, man. (you can pretend he’s Baxter Stockman if you want, even if he’s not African-American or a Fly, but he’s Professor Perry)

Edited by dr baghead

Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. Especially Shredder.

I am so desperate for TMNT mates based on the old series.

I also needed to make Professor Perry from TMNT2:tSotO because for the last 23 years anytime I’m down to the last of something I hold it up and say “Well... you’re the last one, aren’t you?”

This made my day biggrin.png

BAH!

Why isnt anyone selling Mutagen Raph on eBay!?!

After getting Leo and seeing him next to Mikey I find them too cool not to have a set and I cant justify $92 to buy a case.

EDIT:

Oh, so Im not not just bitching in this post, have some quick customs:

I dont like Modern April or Shredder, so I did my best to recreate their 80s looks (man, yellow is a SUPER hard to find color for minimates)

I also needed to make Professor Perry from TMNT2:tSotO because for the last 23 years anytime Im down to the last of something I hold it up and say Well... youre the last one, arent you?, I need a minimate to remind me of that scene, man. (you can pretend hes Baxter Stockman if you want, even if hes not African-American or a Fly, but hes Professor Perry)

Nicely done! My old April recipe was a Rachel grey hair piece on a slightly modded Firestar body

Zach, does the license require a character to show up on the show before you can make them? I know they made new versions of Bebop and Rocksteady for the toyline, but as far as I'm aware they haven't appeared on the show itself.

I assume you at least have to have official Nick designs.

Zach, does the license require a character to show up on the show before you can make them? I know they made new versions of Bebop and Rocksteady for the toyline, but as far as I'm aware they haven't appeared on the show itself.

The Playmates stuff is has been getting released before the characters appear on the show. Bebop & Rocksteady have not been introduced yet.

I am a little upset with my local TRU.

I called on Friday and asked if they had these mates. I was told "No".

I called today and asked and was told they were fully stocked.

It took me fifteen minutes to get across town to find them fully stocked with the exception of the one package I was after.

They had all the packages except the Mutagen Leo. The peg was full and from what I noticed there were three of each package except only two regular Leo. Which means that the only one sold was the variant an that fifteen minute window.

The store said they could tell they would be getting more in but not sure when that would be.

I am getting a Mutagen Mikey from e-Bay but can't seen to find a Mutagen Leo on e-Bay at a price I am willing to pay.

I hope to get my case from Luke very soon, because he has shipped it to me but their is an issue with the tracking of the package.

I got a Krang from Luke so I will have a whole set if I can get a Mutagen Leo.

Okay, I just got a package delivered to me containing my Turtles from Luke's Toy Store.

So here is the order I opened them which is also the front to the back of the box as it was delivered to me.

Mutagen Raphael

Leonardo

Leonardo

Donatello

Donatello

Footbot

Footbot

Footbot

Michelangelo

Michelangelo

Raphael

Raphael

Shredder

Shredder

April

April

Foot Soldier

Foot Soldier

All of them had all their accessories and stands.

Edited by Captain Paco

MisterMiracle,

I got a Mutagen Raphael in my case from Luke's Toy Store so all I need is Mutagen Leo to have a full set of Turtles (not counting the two from the Conventions).

I edited my post to reflect the case that got delivered just after I submitted my last post.

If you don't collect the variant mutagen figures you can technically get two full sets of eight in a case from Luke's Toy Store. I like that because I am going to store a set away and then put a set up on display in my office.

Edited by Captain Paco

Ahh, ok. I'm leaning towards doing the same thing. I went to a comic shop last night trying to feel for a Raph but it's too damn awkward because these things are right next to the cash register. I could at least take my time at K-Mart and not have to worry about people judging, haha.

Ahh, ok. I'm leaning towards doing the same thing. I went to a comic shop last night trying to feel for a Raph but it's too damn awkward because these things are right next to the cash register. I could at least take my time at K-Mart and not have to worry about people judging, haha.

one thing to note...the TMNT blind bags make MUCH MORE NOISE, then Lego blind bags when you're trying to finger sex them.