UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TMNT Minimates - it's official!

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any LCS' get these today?

Got mine from my local shop. Here was my case breakdown.

• Raphael x 2
  • Leonardo x 2
  • Michelangelo x 2
  • Donatello x 2
  • April O'Neil x 2
  • Shredder x 2
  • Footbot x 2
  • Foot Ninja x 3
  • Mutagen Raphael x 1

So can anyone else confirm this order? What I thought was supposed to be Mutagen Ralph felt a lot like April or a Foot.

Couple issues I have so far with blind bags at the comic shops:

1. At $5.99 a pop, I'm not taking any chances unless I can really narrow it down. That's a hard pill to swallow when I can get a 2-pack for less than $7 at Toys R Us with their 10% off Thursdays and Saturdays.

2. I didn't realize that the boxes had 18 bags instead of 12 like K-Mart, that's a lot more fondling.

3. These are being placed on the counter right near the cash register which makes trying to track down who I'm looking for pretty much impossible.

4. Were the bags messed up? I noticed it says Mutagen Mikey on the comic blind bags instead of Ralph.

I've got a Mutagen Mikey that I would trade for a Mutagen Ralph is someone somehow manages to score an extra.

Also, I've been to two different TRU's and I'm 0-2 on Mutagen Leo's.

Edited by MisterMiracle

If you;r're basing it on the Mutagen Mikey/Raph switch, I would not. The Kmart packs show Raph because they were supposed to get Raph, and specialty shows Mikey because they were supposed to have Mikey. There was an error at the factory, and they were switched, as I mentioned earlier.

Kmart UPC is 699788104231. Specialty is 699788104248.

If you;r're basing it on the Mutagen Mikey/Raph switch, I would not.

This is my favorite Minimates line and I've been a fan for almost the entire 10 year run. I'm just pointing something that is confusing to a potential new collector.

If I'm a parent and my kid's favorite turtle is Mikey and I spend $6ish on every blind bag trying to track down this cool rare figure of Mikey and it turns out that it's Ralph, I'm going to be a little pissed. I have a friend who has a son that likes the TMNT and they're both new to Minimates. This would have been the case for him had I not explained that there was a mix-up with the bags.

Edited by MisterMiracle

Yeah, I was talking to Mister PL. I apologize for not directly answering your question as well.

Miracle, I don't know what to tell you. I announced here that there was a mistake a while back. By the time we found out, it was too late. They were in the bags. I told Diamond Comics to let retailers know that there had been a change, and they should have sent out an alert. When I sent out the press release about them being out in comic stores, I said that Raphael was the rare. I have posted pics of Raph, saying he is at specialty. I really don't know what else I can do.

I never did the same for Mikey, but I didn't really promote the Kmart release that much. I do not have a Kmart Mikey to shoot, or I would.

*Also, it seems that the Mutagen Michelangelo mishap is common among the Kmart packs. Does this mean that the Comic/Specialty market packs will now have the Mutagen Raphael instead?

cdubya: I have posted here and elsewhere that Kmart will have Mikey, and specialty will have Raph, which is the opposite of what the packaging says. It is not a common mishap, it is a line-wide production error. Hope that clears that up.

And Shredder does not come with a sword.

No. Bags will be slightly different at Sears/Kmart, and all of the figures will come with a keychain attachment. They will also have Mutagen Michelangelo, while specialty has Mutagen Raphael (they switched).

More info on TRU soon.

Edited by DSTZach

Zach, since you are nearby, I assume these will do well enough for a series 2, has there been any discussion of that? And if so, is there any danger of seeing a Mr. Jones?

Series 2 packaging is done, the lineups for each retailer are set, and the danger is very real.

Zach, since you are nearby, I assume these will do well enough for a series 2, has there been any discussion of that? And if so, is there any danger of seeing a Mr. Jones?

Series 2 packaging is done, the lineups for each retailer are set, and the danger is very real.

Sweet!! High five. When will we get to know, Toyfair?

Just saw this discussion on DST's Facebook page:

I've gotten all *except* the blue Kraang... is that one out?
  • 547369_361966033847660_1492557984_n.jpg?
    Diamond Select Toys No, that one is not available. It will be in Series 2.
  • Oh my... series 2 you say?
  • Will Casey Jones be in series 2?
  • Can you tell us who else is in wave 2???
  • 547369_361966033847660_1492557984_n.jpg?
    Diamond Select Toys A man's gotta have some secrets... New versions of the Turtles, with new gear, plus some new bad guys.

Woot! I was really hoping this line would get legs and run! "New versions of the turtles with new gear" what the what? Sweet.. I wonder if we are talking slightly different paint jobs or something as new as sculpted heads. whistling.gif

Can't wait to see Casey Jones!

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but are the mutagen figures a one and done, or will they be repeated in future assortments as well?

Once we make Mutagen Don, I'm not sure if more Mutagen figures are in the making, but the first three will not be re-released that I know of.

Woot! I was really hoping this line would get legs and run! "New versions of the turtles with new gear" what the what? Sweet.. I wonder if we are talking slightly different paint jobs or something as new as sculpted heads. whistling.gif

Can't wait to see Casey Jones!

There will be sculpted heads in the line, but the turtle heads will not ever be sculpted that I know of. Not in Series 2, certainly. Turtles will have new paint details/faces and more accessories. We may solicit before Toy Fair.