UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TMNT Minimates - it's official!

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Donatello is a chase figure in the KMart series , maybe his accessory (no blade) is unique ?

As far as I know, no Donatello has the blade. Maybe in Series 2.

And there are, I believe, six one-per-strip characters at KMart, so it's hard to call any of them the "chase." But aside from the Mutagen Mikey and Kraang, all of them will be available in multiples per case at other locations. (18 Mates per display at specialty, 24 per case at TRU.) So in the context of the overall first series, only Kraang and the Mutagens should require chasing.

George Bernard Shaw : "Two nations divided by a common language "

What I should have said is :

"There are just as many Donatello packs in the KMart Minimate blind bagged series as there are Leonardo,Raphael & Michelangelo packs in the KMart blind bagged series except that there are fewer Donatello packs in the KMart blind bagged series than the Leonardo,Raphael & Michelangelo packs in the KMart series. 'Fewer' need not imply that there are 'less' of them ,fewer can often mean something else altogether no.gif . "

Edited by buttheadsmate

...but then you wouldn't really have two complete sets because 1 would be a Mutagen chase. Then the complaint would be that people can't find a normal Mikey. I personally don't get the fuss (other than perhaps Krang and possibly Mutagens) as all others will be plentiful throughout three formats just for Series 1. I can't think of a previous offering that's gotten this kind of exposure. There's always Ebay for the panicky, but I'd recommend patience.

I understood what you were saying, BHM. I just thought "chase" was a confusing term to use when there are six Minimates of equal rarity in the "assortment," which in this case was a strip of 12 -- essentially one set, with a few extra turtles.

But youre right, Donatello is CURRENTLY the rarest Ninja Turtle Minimate, making him the "chase" turtle, and one of six of the rarest TMNT Minimates EVER MADE!

The day after the day after the day after tomorrow, he will not be. Neither will most of the others.

As far as I know, he still does not come with blades on his bo staff.

Snagged the rest of the turtles at my return trip to KMart yesterday. No stand with Don, but otherwise all the other sets were complete.

My kids are so excited about them that I ordered a complete box from Luke to divvy up in their stockings. We're all very interested to see where the future takes this line

WOW!! Now the TRU search begins!!

I haven't seen this mentioned before but has anyone noticed a variation on their Leo headbands? Putting my two identical Leos side by side, one set of bandana ends go left while the other goes right.

Happy to see the TRU pairing with Donny and Shredder.. since I need both characters!

On my way home from a birthday party where I didn't receive a gift. I went to check on new marvel mates and walked down the tru aisle and say a whole 12 packs on a peg.

Although be careful if you find them. Make sure you check the paint apps. Every one of mine has a few smudges or paint where there shouldn't be. But they are cool though!

post-1733-0-70015900-1417399166_thumb.jp

post-1733-0-23777800-1417399201_thumb.jp

post-1733-0-43633200-1417399247_thumb.jp

Looks like my lunch break will be at TRU tomorrow. biggrin.png

Sounds like a great week for you AZ. What was the retail price on these?

.....though, I loath going to TRU in December... confused.gif lol

Me too, glad it wasnt packed when I walked in. And I s*** you not, they were $7.49