UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TMNT Minimates - it's official!

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So one could say these Turtles are from an alien race?

Lol, that was the origin from the original Eastman/Laird comics...

sounds cool, any streaming services have it or any place online I can watch it?

If so, I need to find it. I left off in the middle of season 2, and I need to catch up.

I was watching them on Youtube, but it looks like Nickelodeon cracked down. Supposedly they're available on Nick's site, but I haven't been able to get them to load on my work computer (the only place/time I can watch).

mqdefault.jpg

TCRI was run by the Utrom...

I'm only aware of two pitches.

One was made before Bay came on board, the one that the studio developed that Bay inherited and shredded. That one involved inter-dimensional Turtles and "Col. Schraeder" or some such nonsense. That was before Bay brought in Kevin Eastman as a creative consultant.

The other treatment was the one Bay's team brought to the screen. I haven't seen it so I can't speak to its authenticity to the original source material (the comic, not the previous features that changed that origin) but apparently it did okay at the box office.

Are there any tigers on the show?

Lol, that was the origin from the original Eastman/Laird comics...

>sounds cool, any streaming services have it or any place online I can watch it?

If so, I need to find it. I left off in the middle of season 2, and I need to catch up.

I was watching them on Youtube, but it looks like Nickelodeon cracked down. Supposedly they're available on Nick's site, but I haven't been able to get them to load on my work computer (the only place/time I can watch)

mqdefault.jpg

TCRI was run by the Utrom...

He was making reference to the Michael Bay Alien Turtles that the fans stopped from happening and he damn well knows it. Therefore he gets the thing.

I'm only aware of two pitches.

One was made before Bay came on board, the one that the studio developed that Bay inherited and shredded. That one involved inter-dimensional Turtles and "Col. Schraeder" or some such nonsense. That was before Bay brought in Kevin Eastman as a creative consultant.

The other treatment was the one Bay's team brought to the screen. I haven't seen it so I can't speak to its authenticity to the original source material (the comic, not the previous features that changed that origin) but apparently it did okay at the box office.

Are there any tigers on the show?

The movie story did the origin from the IDW comics where they were intentionally experimented on and the result were mutant turtles. The ninja part came when Splinter found a book on ninjas and thought, hey, let's make them ninjas.

Just not to me. sad.png

You know what? I wasn't going to go back to K-Mart to look for more of these as I found the ones I wanted. But I just so happen to be wife-free this weekend and will put a stop at K-Mart on my list to look for these just for YOU. How's about that? You looking for all of them or just some in particular?

Haha, you're amazing, thank you.

I'm just looking for Kraangs. Foot Soldiers would be cool as well.

biggrin.png

People are actually finding these in enough quantities to troop build? I'd be happy if I could get just one Kraangconfused.gif

The movie story did the origin from the IDW comics where they were intentionally experimented on and the result were mutant turtles.

So no alien ooze?

Ooze, yes. Alien? Not exactly specified. The sequel will probably elaborate some more on it. Tell us, perhaps, the secret of the ooze.

The ninja part came when Splinter found a book on ninjas and thought, hey, let's make them ninjas.

That was beyond moronic.

TMNT is, together with Avatar: Legend of Korra, the best cartoon of these days. Simple like that. And better than the 90's cartoon, by the way.

It's better because it homages it plenty, while toning down the goofiness of the original.

People are actually finding these in enough quantities to troop build? I'd be happy if I could get just one Kraang:confused:

I'd eventually like multiples, since it should be rereleased in a different capacity, so, yes, I would be fine with at least one right now from K-Mart.

I was trying to say that if a few people were able to help me out, I wouldn't turn down extras.

So no alien ooze?

Manufactured by Eric Sacks (William Fichtner) & Mr. O'Neil.

Tell us, perhaps, the secret of the ooze.

I see what you did there.

Nick's TMNT cartoon seems to have found a decent balance between humor (which is so popular in animation these days) and action (which has been waning drastically). I need to catch up on it, especially if it stacks up to Legend of Korra.

(Avatar and Korra Minimates. Just sayin', DST.)

I'll chime in and agree that the current TMNT cartoon is right up there with Korra.. not the same type of show, but the same quality. I like that there is enough tribute to classic turtles to feel familiar but they also freshened it up and let it be its own show.

Now... if I could only find these minimates you all speak of, then I could comment on that as well. :) One day, Krang Head, one day... :(

Sounds like for whatever reason these seemed to skip the I-15 corridor completely.

TMNT is, together with Avatar: Legend of Korra, the best cartoon of these days. Simple like that. And better than the 90's cartoon, by the way.

It's better because it homages it plenty, while toning down the goofiness of the original.

You are completely right!

Nick's TMNT cartoon seems to have found a decent balance between humor (which is so popular in animation these days) and action (which has been waning drastically). I need to catch up on it, especially if it stacks up to Legend of Korra.

(Avatar and Korra Minimates. Just sayin', DST.)

So are you. Including asking for Avatar's minimates. =)

There is fun, there is action, there is some ninja stuff and there is pizza! Ok, no cowabunga (except once only) but booyakasha and Mikey's war cry (uóóóóóóh) replaces it very well.