UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TMNT Minimates - it's official!

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's not poor marketing, it's poor training/management.

When my TRU got in the Walking Dead construction toys, they were first merchandised in the collectible aisle, then on the back end cap of Lego, then on the FURTHER back end cap of Lego, and then finally I looked up the proper location and moved them to the Megablok aisle - not my job. Truck crew didn't bother to research in the first place and our overnight manager, department supervisor, and store manager all ignored it completely. I finally got sick of not knowing where to lead collectors and took matters into my own hands.

At this point, I'd be happy to find a blind bag with Irma Langinstein inside. Between Bsore and I, we have checked 5 KMarts in northern Utah and nothing so far.

Do we even know if all K-marts are getting them? Or is this like some TRU exclusives where only certain stores qualify to stock them?

At this point, I'd be happy to find a blind bag with Irma Langinstein inside. Between Bsore and I, we have checked 5 KMarts in northern Utah and nothing so far.

Do we even know if all K-marts are getting them? Or is this like some TRU exclusives where only certain stores qualify to stock them?

I've been checking my K-Mart for the past couple weeks and was wondering the same thing. Believe it or not, this store has no TMNT merchandise at all.

BAAAAARGGGHH!!!

So the road map might not 100%

I decided I really wanted to make a Ghostbustin’ Ninja Turtle and decided Donatello was the one to start with (because he’s science minded), so I went back to K-Mart, oh look! a strip let’s see... someone’s already bought the first three, skipped the forth one, and bought the 5th so they must know the road map and wanted Mutagen Mikey and the foot clan... so that means this forth one (pluck!) is my Donatello, walk up front, pay the lady, sit in my car open it up...

FUUUUUUU!!! It’s Mutagen Mikey

maybe this stripe had two, maybe someone pulled off 5 and decided they only wanted 4 and put one back wrong,maybe the stripe wasn’t ordered correctly...

point is I’ve got an extra Mutagen Mikey (not anymore I don’t!) now I need to drive to the other K-Mart (grumble) and have to hope the strip is ordered corrected and not scattered on the ground or something.

Edited by dr baghead

Sorry, Dr. BH, that strip sounded suspect. You may want to follow the guide someone posted about what to feel for. Don's staff is pretty distinctive, as is his back holster. I know groping is thought of as tawdry by some.

Maybe that Mutagen Mikey can be a ghost turtle?

Sorry, Dr. BH, that strip sounded suspect. You may want to follow the guide someone posted about what to feel for. Don's staff is pretty distinctive, as is his back holster. I know groping is thought of as tawdry by some.

Maybe that Mutagen Mikey can be a ghost turtle?

I’m pretty bad at feeling bags, it’s why I resort to eBay for my Lego minifigs, I felt a Turtle shell, saw the rest of the strip remained and assumed... but eh, at least he was easy to get rid of!

(Also, the first Mutagen Mikey I found is already Turtle, he’s chillin’ with the Phantom Ghostbusters bein’ evil and green and such.)

BAAAAARGGGHH!!!

So the road map might not 100%

The road map is accurate as long as it's a fresh strip that was just put out. Anyone can take a bag off and put it on a different slot which messes up everything. So far I can feel the difference between Kraang/Foot Soldiers and Turtles.

Not always ,I was lucky enough that the one strip, at the one kmart within 40 miles of me, didnt have a Kraang on the strip at all, in his place was aother regular Mikey.wallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gif

^ lol. was just about to, along with pics of my score last night. that's what this thread needs...more pics.

20141112_230529.jpg

and just for fun

20141112_231750.jpg

the Kraang is awesome (well, all of them are) glad to know they will be available later on down the road. would be a shame if we couldn't army build them along with the Foot Soldiers. As long as this guy comes along for the ride.

20141112_230819.jpg

Had no problem finding all the regular versions of the turtles...but no exclusive, Kraang, Shredder, or foot at any of the 3 K-Marts I found them at here.

Um...wait...what year is this?