UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TMNT Minimates - it's official!

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said, I have a case of the specialty blind bags on preorder. I just needed the K-Mart exclusives and I got them no problem.

Good news that K-Mart has ordered more. I'd be down with getting a few more Footbots and Soldiers if I can find them.

Zach - did you ever find out what the specialty store case breakdown is going to be? I know its a full set of each but do we know the extras?

Here's the strip breakdown, based on my experience, from top to bottom.

- Foot bot

- Foot Soldier

- Shredder

- Donatello

- Mutagen Mike

- Kraang

- Michaelangelo

- Michaelangelo

- Leonardo

- Leonardo

- Raphael

- Raphael

A fellow collector used this while searching for the figures she wanted and it seems accurate.

She just got around to opening them and they look even better in person than they do online. Nothing was missing. Everything seems to be correct.

So between DST's excellent customer service and this clip strip map, I may not wait for TRU's 2-packs to come out after all.

Speaking for myself, the disappointment I felt about Kmart carrying minimates is that the original tease was that they would be at another large retailer in addition to TRU and LCS. My expectations turned to stores like Walmart and Target and while Kmart is just like those stores and is a large retailer itself, due to most of the stores being closed around me, it's was disappointing that that was the store that would have some exclusive figures to this line.

It just makes the hunt a little harder than I had originally thought it would be.

All that said, I am excited about this line and can't wait for TRU to get it's packs in

I have a soft spot for Kmart because that's where I used to get Lego sets when they had buy one get one 50% off sales when there were Kmarts still near me as me a kid. This was like... 20 years ago. Dang I'm getting old.

I think we all want to get Minimates in as many stores as possible. It's great that they're in Kmarts. It's just problematic when they have an exclusive, because for many of us it's just impractical to go hunting for a blind bag exclusive at a retailer chain that barely exists anymore.

I do wonder if these TMNT Minimates are actually reaching kids. Or if it's just us crazy collectors who swoop in and buy all the Minimates off the shelves because they've shown up at Kmarts first.

I'd like to point out that K-Mart services - in my experience - a largely different demographic than Toys r Us and most of your comic shops. When Wal-Mart first hit the scene, I'd have suggested the same thing, but as time went on, K-Mart who there's and Wal-Mart thrived. Now everyone shops at Wal-Mart. But I digress; I personally think K-Mart could be responsible for a whole new audience becoming aware of Minimates

I found another strip of these at a different K-Mart. Turns out the strip guide doesn't help at all when they're not even on the strip and randomly scattered near the puzzles for some reason. They definitely seem to be moving but I'm 0-2 now with trying to buy these.

When do the 2-packs come out?

Edited by MisterMiracle

Yes! I finally got mine. I was the one to put them on the floor from receiving. I bought both of the foot soldiers, Shredder, Kraang, and I accidentally bought Mutagen Mike before I got Kraang. I didn't remember which one was Donatello so I'll have to go back for him tomorrow.

EDIT: I'm not missing anything in my bags. I opened them in a plastic bag so I got everything.

EDIT2: Never mind I'm actually missing a kunai, but that's it.

Edited by Dio

Shredder is my favorite Minimate out of all of these right now. At first he was the only one I wanted to buy but then I figured why not buy the foot soldiers and Kraang too. I just love the way he's sculpted and everything. Does anyone know if his feet can be removed?

Thought this was interesting, I was working on a custom today and tried to take Mikey's mask off....His head is 3 pieces! There was some glue by the bandana knot. I just heated it up and pried it apart.

MikeyMinimateHead_zps8c01dfb9.jpg

The upside down mask is a little odd looking

Edited by Shogi

I think the whole three piece head thing was to keep the masks from wanting to slip off. Like overuse of taking off Falcon's goggles makes them loose on his head. Instead of having that happen with the Turtles, they just made a nicely stuck together head.

Strike 3... I've tried my 3rd KMart in northern Utah to no avail. Getting jealous of the rest of you.. I just wish I knew if they were all sold out or just haven't hit the area yet....dry.png

If you go to Kmart.com you can check the stock in a particular store by typing in the UPC.

Strike 3... I've tried my 3rd KMart in northern Utah to no avail. Getting jealous of the rest of you.. I just wish I knew if they were all sold out or just haven't hit the area yet....dry.png

If you go to Kmart.com you can check the stock in a particular store by typing in the UPC.

Where? I can't seem to find the option even though I have the UPC listed earlier.

From the Ghostbusters thread, but I think it’s more fitting to reply here:

MisterPL, on 16 Jul 2014 - 10:39, said:

If the Turtles end up wearing Ghostbusters uniforms, I may be forced to pick up some extra Minimates for customs.

teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-ghostbuster

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=20&itemid=22914

For what it’s worth, RGB Slimer’s Proton Pack fits over the Turtles shells real nicely (or at least over Raph’s shell, I didn’t get a Leo or Don so I don’t know if their weapon slots get in the way)... Slimer’s pack doesn’t have a trap on the side though, so that will need to be glued on.

I like it enough I’ve gone from “meh,I don’t need Ghostbusting Turtles” to if I can find a Mutagen Leo I’ll probably add a pair of Ecto-goggles and paint the straps/wraps/belt/mask black and make a “stealth tech” variant.

Where? I can't seem to find the option even though I have the UPC listed earlier.

https://www.kmart.com/community/questions/how-do-you-find-out-if-a-certain-product-online-can-be-found-in-a-local-store/

From the Ghostbusters thread, but I think it’s more fitting to reply here:

MisterPL, on 16 Jul 2014 - 10:39, said:

If the Turtles end up wearing Ghostbusters uniforms, I may be forced to pick up some extra Minimates for customs.

teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-ghostbuster

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=20&itemid=22914

For what it’s worth, RGB Slimer’s Proton Pack fits over the Turtles shells real nicely (or at least over Raph’s shell, I didn’t get a Leo or Don so I don’t know if their weapon slots get in the way)... Slimer’s pack doesn’t have a trap on the side though, so that will need to be glued on.

I like it enough I’ve gone from “meh,I don’t need Ghostbusting Turtles” to if I can find a Mutagen Leo I’ll probably add a pair of Ecto-goggles and paint the straps/wraps/belt/mask black and make a “stealth tech” variant.

I was just wondering about how those packs would fit over the shells. Totally forgot about RGB Slimer. That's good intel!